Suggestions sought for excursions from Athens

jrobert

We will finish a cruise in Athens on 10/18, having already visited Epidaurus, Nafplion, and Mycenae and toured Athens for 1 day. We have 10/19 and 10/20 free, and would love suggestions for how to best use the time. Are meteora or vergina/thessoliniki good possibilities?

Thanks

Meteora is an overnight; it's too far from Athens to do in a day. If that's okay with you, there are plenty of tours that offer it.

Have you considered Delphi? That's one of the places I'm planning to see when I am in Athens for several days after my cruise ends. It is a little closer and you can do it as a long day or an overnight (or on your own via local bus, which is what I'm planning).

Also, if you've only spent one day in Athens, I'd suggest spending some more time in the city. There is a lot to see.....

We will finish a cruise in Athens on 10/18, having already visited Epidaurus, Nafplion, and Mycenae and toured Athens for 1 day. We have 10/19 and 10/20 free, and would love suggestions for how to best use the time. Are meteora or vergina/thessoliniki good possibilities?

Thanks

IMO one day in Athens is not enough time. There is too much just in the "ancient" parts of town to begin to feel in one day. I spent two whole days just wandering and still need another one to go to the places I really want to visit.

If you are adventurous, take the ferry and go to Mykonos, Sifnos or Santorini for a day.

Archived