Indy from Southampton - smoking or non?

Hi, and my apologies if this has been asked a thousand times before. When Indy sails from Southampton, are the rules for smoking the same as or similar to UK smoking laws?

I just wondered when and if people are allowed to smoke; if there are smokey bars I can avoid them but as a non-smoker I didn't really like my "neighbours" being able to smoke on their balconies on FOS. Just wondered if people can smoke on their balconies when Indy sails from Southampton?

Thanks! :)

Hi, and my apologies if this has been asked a thousand times before. When Indy sails from Southampton, are the rules for smoking the same as or similar to UK smoking laws?

I just wondered when and if people are allowed to smoke; if there are smokey bars I can avoid them but as a non-smoker I didn't really like my "neighbours" being able to smoke on their balconies on FOS. Just wondered if people can smoke on their balconies when Indy sails from Southampton?

Thanks! :)

Yes!!!

Smoking allowed on all balconies

lower level of the Labyrinth nightclub

outside deck 5 (one side of the ship only)

outside deck 11 and 12 (one side of the ship only)

That's great - thank you :)

Smoking allowed on all balconies

lower level of the Labyrinth nightclub

outside deck 5 (one side of the ship only)

outside deck 11 and 12 (one side of the ship only)

So still no smoking allowed in any of the bars while she is over here?...apart from the one level in the nightclub.

Thanks NN; sounds like they've sort of combined the UK smoking laws with RCI's! :)
It's really pretty much just RCI's smoking policy. I don't think there's anything in it that's different to comply with UK smoking laws.

Yes, it is interesting since both RCCL and Celebrity are part of the same company!
If it were actually a moral/ethical decision, that would be interesting. Since it's a business decision, I see no reason to expect them to be in line any more than any policy is in line e.g. bringing wine on board.

If it were actually a moral/ethical decision, that would be interesting. Since it's a business decision, I see no reason to expect them to be in line any more than any policy is in line e.g. bringing wine on board.

I was just about to type that. If you want to smoke on your balcony, go RCCL. If you want to bring a bottle of wine onboard, go Celebrity. :)

(Although it really WOULD be nice if they had the same rules, for goodness sake...)

I was just about to type that. If you want to smoke on your balcony, go RCCL. If you want to bring a bottle of wine onboard, go Celebrity. :)

(Although it really WOULD be nice if they had the same rules, for goodness sake...)

But just think how boring it would be here. One less thing to argue about...;)

But just think how boring it would be here. One less thing to argue about...;)

True! Boy the people on EVERY OTHER BOARD have no idea what they're missing when it comes to the stupid no-alcohol policy!

if you want to smoke on your balcony or bring on a bottle of wine go Princess

Do they still allow smoking on balconies on Princess? I know they have installed sprinklers on all their balconies but.....................!

We were on the Star Princess two weeks before the terrible fire in passenger cabins. Friends were caught up in the fire - it was an awful experience for them. Princess said it was caused by a ciggie thrown over a balcony.

I know they installed sprinklers 'cos we went on her again a few months later and booked a balcony cabin. Second day the balcony was shut off because they were installing sprinklers - never got to use the balcony!! Sticks in my mind because I wrote complaining to Princess and received a reply which I treasure - it said in effect, glad you enjoyed your holiday:D:D Nil customer service from Princess:eek::eek:

Do they still allow smoking on balconies on Princess? I know they have installed sprinklers on all their balconies but.....................!

We were on the Star Princess two weeks before the terrible fire in passenger cabins. Friends were caught up in the fire - it was an awful experience for them. Princess said it was caused by a ciggie thrown over a balcony.

I know they installed sprinklers 'cos we went on her again a few months later and booked a balcony cabin. Second day the balcony was shut off because they were installing sprinklers - never got to use the balcony!! Sticks in my mind because I wrote complaining to Princess and received a reply which I treasure - it said in effect, glad you enjoyed your holiday:D:D Nil customer service from Princess:eek::eek:

yes they allow smoking on the balconies and in cabins

i'm not knocking RCL but their cruise lines are very tough concerning smoking and bringing on alcohol and no laundry onboard, we have cruised on Rhapsody out of Sydney and we had a good time but i prefer princess due to the benefits but TMO

ozzie

Hi there

Smoking is allowed on IOS, the designated areas are

Upper floor Labrynth Bar

Deck four Port side

Deck 11 Port side and at the skybar

The connisseur club

Balconys

Hope this helps

C

It does! Many thanks :)

Archived