What happened to my towel animals?

Keico

It depends on your room steward. This is a practice they started and they teach each other. Either your cabin steward didn't know how to do them , or didn't feel they the time to do them. I would have been bumed too. We didn't have one the first night of our last cruise, but every night afterwards..

One night we got a monkey hanging from the lights!!! It was fantastic, so we stuffed several dollar bills on the monkey to say thanks--the cabin steward got a kick out of that!

Just back from the Conquest. We had stingrays, swans, turtles, and one or two others that I can't remember. Cabin stewardess was a cute girl from Hungary. Did a good job.

There were 40 nationalitles represented in the staff. They were from everywhere!!!

Sorry to hear you didn't get any towel animals. On our first cruise, the Disney Magic, we didn't get any for the first couple of nights and we had heard so much about them. I mentioned it to our room steward and we had one every night for the rest of the week.

...Sorry to hear about your missing towel animals. Sometime the room steward forgets to close the cabin door all the way and they sneak back down to the laundry room to "hang out." I lost a pair of good sunglasses last year. The next evening, the towel elephant told me the the towel monkey was wearing them in the laudry room. That's how I know!

...Anyway, here's a great link showing how they make all those cool designs. ...Hope it helps... http://www.normandtia.com/images/PanamaImages/NapkinsTowels/TowelFolding.pdf

I learned how to make a few of them on a prior cruise. I didn't get any on Grand Princess in December, so I started making my own. I had to "borrow" towels off the cart to do it, which was really no problem since my room steward was nowhere to be found. Anyway, I tried this for 2 days and both times the steward shorted me on towels the next day!! :eek:

We just came back from an Elation cruise. We didn't get any towel animals either. But, our beds usually weren't made up until 10:00 either, kinda tough with 2 kids. We went for my sisters wedding and their were 32 of us. Most of my family had the cutest creations. I agree it depends on your steward. We had a great time anyway. If that was all that was wrong, I'm certainly not complaining!:)

I'll tell you one thing, if I don't get one of those cute little towel animals each night, I'm going ask my steward/stewardess why not. I want them . . . I want to take them home with me (I know, I can't) but I've read so much about them and seen so many pictures . . . I really want one to appear in my cabin each night . . .

When I was on the Legend cruise to nowhere with my 3 friends, we were disappointed when we returned to our cabin the first evening and saw that we didn't get a towel animal. Luckily, our cabin steward was nearby and we expressed our disappointment (in a nice, joking way - not a whiney complaining way). Not only did he give us a towel animal that night, he made it right in front of us to show us how he did it. And we got one the next night without asking. :D

I think sometimes they don't understand how much some passengers look forward to finding a towel animal in their room every night. :)

Keico. I'm sorry you missed out on towel animals. Next time if they are MIA, I'd casually mention it to the room steward. We took our DDs & their best friends on a RCCL. It was the first RCCL for any of us and the first cruise for the friends. We had told them about the towel animals we'd had from Carnival & Disney and they were looking forward to them. When we didn't get them we were discussing it out in the hall. Not in a mean way, just an "aww we didn't get one" kind of thing. Unbeknownst to us at the time, the steward overheard and made sure we got one each night afterwards. (Not trying to rub it in, really.:) )

Back when I cruised on the Mardi Gras they did'nt have towel animals they used whatever clothes you left out. It usually was my nightgown.:eek: Then on the Holiday same thing or they would take my dds stuffed animals and put our sunglasses on them. I learned to always make sure my clothes are picked up.

They usually don't do them the first night (my last steward says it's because most people are still unpacking and it gets in the way), plus when we were on the Legend this last December, one of the afternoon's at sea, they did a demonstation of how to make them and now sell a book on how to do them yourself..........spotted my steward one evening using the same book to make one for the cabin across the hall.

Never got any on my December 2003 Glory cruise.............but also never met my cabin steward either............never did come and introduce himself and the one time I called to get fresh ice, he told me where to find the ice machine................oh well................needless to say cabin was clean but no extra tip.

I think the stewards are responsible for so many rooms now they don't have alot of extra time. We didn't get any either on the Valor, so by the third day I asked to have them for my sons cabin and they finally started making them for the boys.

My girlfriend and I went on the Glory last year and we took a tour of the galley. At the end of the tour was a guy making all of the towel animals and sitting them on a table. She was so excited that it must have been obvious because he pulled her out of the crowd and made her get on her knees on the floor to learn how to make the monkey. She did it and it turned out great.

From time to time she will surprise me and I will come home and find the monkey hanging from the wall!

We are leaving Feb. 28th on the Imagination and she can't wait to surprise the cabin steward by leaving him/her with the monkey.

Archived