Ever Lie About Your Flight?

smg669

You have to put your flight info on your boarding pass.... including flight number, etc. If there was a problem with the ship getting back (as it was the case with the hurricanes) and you had the wrong flight info on there, that might not be good :D And no, I would not lie about my flight time to get off the ship earlier... If I was that desperate to get off the ship, I would do self assist...

We don't lie; however, on our Honeymoon cruise they gave us a tag and looking at our papers it said we had a flight before 10:30AM. I went to the information desk and advised them I was not on an early flight but they advised us to leave with that color anyways... we ended up being off the ship by 8:30AM.... what a bummer.

I want to stay on as long as we can....

Bad News was.... we ended up being in the terminal looking for our bags (DESTROYED at the port - thanks Princess!!) until the last ones left the port. By the time we were outside waiting for our shuttle to take us back to the hotel... there was no one there.

I never understood why people want to linger onboard as long as they can. Everything is closed and there is nothing to do and the waiting to be called is like sitting in a dentist chair waiting for the sound of the drill. The ideal for me is to be out of the cabin by 8am, go have breakfast and be off about 9am.

I never understood why people want to linger onboard as long as they can. Everything is closed and there is nothing to do and the waiting to be called is like sitting in a dentist chair waiting for the sound of the drill. The ideal for me is to be out of the cabin by 8am, go have breakfast and be off about 9am.

Some people have late flights or live locally and try to remain in cruisemode as long as possible.:D You can sit on the lido deck and eat and drink. Its really a personal choice. Some like to be the first off, others like to be the last off. Isnt it great that everyone doesnt do either exclusively :) I just wait for my color and leave then.

Has anyone ever lied about their outbound flight so that Carnival would let them off the ship earlier? C'mon... fess up.S

Now that they've implemented the "Self assist/Early debarkation" plan, there would be no need to lie. You just have to be able to carry ALL of your luggage off with you, and can be off the ship as early as 8am. On my last cruise, they were announcing that those folks be at the 'gangplank' at 7:30.

We don't book early flights so we don't have to worry about leaving early. This time we are staying an extra night in FLL before flying home so I would really prefer a little longer on the ship sipping some coffee just so we don't have to fight the crowd trying to get off as quick as they can.

There is no reason to lie....the colored tags are basically to keep some type of order during debarkation.....they don't want 2000 people all of a sudden ganging up to get off the ship. If you absolutely need to get off early, then just join an early group....they don't check everybody leaving to make sure you have the right color....can you imagine what a back up that would cause.

My daughter and I happened to be waiting in an area on the Elation, when all the self assist people come rushing towards us and rather than try to get out of everyones way, we just went with that flow. It was no problem....

they don't want 2000 people all of a sudden ganging up to get off the ship. If you absolutely need to get off early, then just join an early group......

I have seen them checking colors. But what you suggest could very well lead to why there is a logjam at times. People creating rules that benefit themselves and then complain because there is chaos, because people didnt follow the rules:confused:

If someone needs to get off they can do self-assist.

There is something so nice about visiting the different areas when no one is in them. (its like a shost ship) I also use this time to check out various cabin categories for future cruises. Last few cruises we were the last ones off the ship--know how easy it is to find luggage when there is nothing left in the terminal?

Our flight is at 12:54 pm, so I guess that classifies us as an early flight. We've always been off early enough to catch a flight at this time, however, we are on the Miracle and with the problems at the port, I'm wondering if we should get the early flight tags. However, if we do get the tags and the ship docks on time, do we HAVE to leave early?

As most of you can see, I have been a member of this board since May 2000 and I don't really have a whole lot of posts for almost 5 years.....the reason?

Most of the people on this board are great and helpful but heaven forbid that someone just make a statement (not intending to hurt anyone) and someone has to jump in questioning my character. You don't know me, you don't know my character. I don't make up rules to benefit myself and quess what, I'm not a complainer....in fact, I'm one of the most upbeat, happiest people you would ever want to meet. Back to my lurking corner and the ignore button....

GRRRRRRRR

We just got off the Imagination on 2/5/05and they just started a new system. People that have all their bags in hand can leave from 7:30 - 8:30, after that those taking excersions at the port, then everyone, not by colors anymore.

I just got back from sailing carnival. They had the same thing, if you could carry your own luggage then you could leave at 7:30. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be getting off. We were out of our room at 8:30am at 8:45 they announced everyone could leave. They didn't mention room number or color at all. I was standing at the curb by 9:30am getting a taxi.

On my past cruises, I've always talked to the purser about leaving for an early flight, even though I didn't always have one. My sister and I go on a cruise once a year without the hubbies and I always fly stand by on their AA "buddy passes". I like to be at the airport, so I have a number of different flights to choose from. Never seems to be a problem. This cruise will be with my hubby. Our flight doesn't leave until 3:35 pm, so I don't care when we get off.

Barb

Archived