Dining Question

ajagent

What do you mean by dinner show? I do not sail on Carnival.

On Celebrity, the last formal night they introduce the Chef, head waiters, etc, and they sing a farewell song. Other than that, No.

What do you mean by dinner show? I do not sail on Carnival.

On Celebrity, the last formal night they introduce the Chef, head waiters, etc, and they sing a farewell song. Other than that, No.

Don't know about Carnival but I was just on NCL and they had a Murder Mystery Dinner Show held in one of the smaller restaurants. I suspect something similiar is what the OP is talking about....

Sorry...Let me clarify. Every night in the dining room after dinner the Matre de Addresses the dining room then the wait staff sings or performs a quick song. It just gets everybody in a good mood.

Sorry...Let me clarify. Every night in the dining room after dinner the Matre de Addresses the dining room then the wait staff sings or performs a quick song. It just gets everybody in a good mood.

Nope. Celebrity keeps the dining room more formal than Carnival. I remember those types of actives from my Carnival cruises several years ago. Fun at the time, but not a Celebrity thing (or RCCL, or Princess either).

The only time the staff sings is on the final night when the cruise director introduces the maitre'd staff, the head chef and his staff. Then the waiters sing. But it's a one night thing only.

The Maitr'd does not address the diningroom evey night. They do

come around to each table in their specific sections. On Celebrity

each section has their own "Asst Maitr'd".

On the last formal evening the Cruise Director introduces the Maitr'ds,

Restaurant Manager and some of the Chef's as well.

But throughout the cruise there are no "dinner shows".

It just gets everybody in a good mood.

Hi ajagent. No way, sorry, not for DH and me. I have to disagree 100% on this one. We cruised Carnival several years ago and this was the one thing about the cruise that we did not like at all.

After the first night, we arranged for our waitstaff to bring our cappucinos early so we could bolt from our two-top before the hoopla started and it worked like a charm. ;)

Hi ajagent. No way, sorry, not for DH and me. I have to disagree 100% on this one. We cruised Carnival several years ago and this was the one thing about the cruise that we did not like at all.

After the first night, we arranged for our waitstaff to bring our cappucinos early so we could bolt from our two-top before the hoopla started and it worked like a charm. ;)

I'd run too!! :eek:

Carnival is more casual than Celebrity. No crazy pool games, towel animals, singing in the dining room, announcements blaring all day etc.

The nightly "shows" on Carnival did not put me in a good mood. I felt it was terribly interruptive and noisy and I really have no interest in watching the waiter make napkin and matchstick jokes (it just feels like work for me). RCCL started doing something similar a few years ago and I wish they would stop (ie Macarena during dinner). I guess you can't please everyone, but I don't think that Celebrity will be doing this as it is not a good fit for the Celebrity culture (although unfortunately our last waiter did do some "tricks").

Archived