Which Trolley Tour for Key West, help!

klstiger

Personally I would advise just walking as Key West is not that large of an area but if I was going to utilize the trolley I would take the newer kid in town, City View trolley and save $10.

Mike:)

We are there on a Thursday from 7-5.

I have found 2 trolley tours... Can someone comment one over the other?

It sounds like before will allow you to get on and off...

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/

or

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/index.php

I have taken the Old Town Trolley several times in Key West and would highly recommend it. I would avoid the Cityview Trolley. They operate here in Boston and are not a reputable company.

Took Old Town Trolley and enjoyed it. You can hop on and off after seeing the whole town. It goes down back streets that u would never think of venturing down and takes u to the most southern point of the USA. We appreciated it as it was very hot the day we were there. I believe you can go to their website and buy in advance at a bit of a discount.

We took the Old Town Trolley when we were there a couple of weeks ago. The guides were great, they talked most of the time, giving us a lot of information about Key West we had never heard before. The Cityview trolley does not go to the eastern side of the island while the Old Town does. You can look at the maps on their websites to see the routes.

Your time in Key West will go quickly. I would advise doing the activities you want to the most, first in case you run out of time.

Your time in Key West will go quickly. I would advise doing the activities you want to the most, first in case you run out of time.

we have such a short time here 7a-1p..we are planning to do the trolley and stoppin for Key Lime Pie and Kino Sandals:D

We took the Old Town Trolley when we were there a couple of weeks ago. The guides were great, they talked most of the time, giving us a lot of information about Key West we had never heard before. The Cityview trolley does not go to the eastern side of the island while the Old Town does. You can look at the maps on their websites to see the routes.

I agree totally. We grabbed the first trolley at 9am at Mallory Square. Got off at Hemingway House. Toured HH. Hopped back on to Southermost Point. Got off and took our pics. Hopped back on and returned to Mallory Square. We then had about an hour left before we had to return to the ship and walked Duval St. for a bit. Great day! Wish we had more time!

HTH!

Paula

We are there on a Thursday from 7-5.

I have found 2 trolley tours... Can someone comment one over the other?

It sounds like before will allow you to get on and off...

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/

or

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/index.php

I would consider City View. It offers the same tour, but is cheaper.

I noticed the Conch Train service and the the other services. Is there any real difference between the Conch Train and the Old Town Trolley

The trolley is hop on/hop off. You can't do that on the train.

I would consider City View. It offers the same tour, but is cheaper.

The trolley is hop on/hop off. You can't do that on the train.

Cheaper isn't always better. As I mentioned in a previous post; Cityview operates here in Boston and they are not a reputable company.

I would do the Old Town Trolley Tour in Key West.

Cheaper isn't always better. As I mentioned in a previous post; Cityview operates here in Boston and they are not a reputable company.

No offense, but this isn't Boston. The City View trollies have been getting good reviews here in Key West.

I would do the Old Town Trolley Tour in Key West.

Since about 50% of your total posts concern the Old Town Trolley, I assume you work for them??:rolleyes:

Since about 50% of your total posts concern the Old Town Trolley, I assume you work for them??:rolleyes:

That explains it. Nice catch, Mike.

To the Op - The City View trolley is, essentially, the same tour. It is hop on/hop off, just like Old Town Trolley. The difference is the price. Old Town Trolley tickets are $29 for adults and $14 for kids. City View tickets are $19 for adults, $18 for military, and $8 for kids. The drivers are former Old Town Trolley drivers, so your experience is going to be the same. And there is nothing wrong with their reputation. They are new here, and have been well received by the locals.

Yes, I did work for them in Boston and Key West and still have alot of friends that do. I am still involved with the tourism industry here in Boston. I'm glad that Cityview has a good reputation with the locals in Key West, but I do not lie when I say they are not a reputable company here in Boston. They often use very sleazy sales tactics like lying to guests saying things like "you don't want to use Old Town, their trolleys hit a pedestrian last week and killed him"! I don't know about you but that is not the type of company I would want to do business with.

• 4 weeks later...
Do the trolleys pick up at the port though? Or do you have to walk aways to get to them? I will be with an elderly person walking with a cane, so our party can't walk far at all....

Yes the trolley(s), train, etc are located on Front Street which is very close to your disembarkation point.

Archived