Does Serenade Deck 7 Have Larger Balconies Forward?

Right now I am booked in room 7024 on Serenade of the Seas and am wondering if that has one of the larger balconies on the forward of the ship? I hear everyone talk about the larger balconies on the aft and wondered if there are any foward and if so how far back they go? I do not want to be above the lifeboats and 7024 looks like it goes right to the edge of ship. Thanks for any input. I hate picking cabins!

Yes, they are deeper than most, but...and this may bother you.. the balcony divider isn't as deep as the balcony, meaning there is a portion of the balcony that will be only divided from your neighbor's by a railing....

So, if privacy is important, you won't get it on these balconies.

7024 does have the deeper balcony.

Yes, they are deeper than most, but...and this may bother you.. the balcony divider isn't as deep as the balcony, meaning there is a portion of the balcony that will be only divided from your neighbor's by a railing....

So, if privacy is important, you won't get it on these balconies.

7024 does have the deeper balcony.

Do all the rooms have that divider half wall? If I go on an upper floor do they have the walls that go all the way to the rail? Do you know about room mid ship on floor 7? Do that all still have the half wall?

Thanks

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Bob!

Here are pictures of and from the balcony of E1 cabin 7028 on Radiance.

DSC04811a.jpg

DSC04807a.jpg

This shot is of cabin 7524 balcony taken from the Solarium on deck 11.

DSC02452a.jpg

Do all the rooms have that divider half wall? If I go on an upper floor do they have the walls that go all the way to the rail? Do you know about room mid ship on floor 7? Do that all still have the half wall?

Thanks

The higher deck Category E balcony cabins have full height divider but are not as large except for some of the hump cabins. The area between short divider is on the front and back deck 7 Cat. E cabins is the amount of extra space you have with these balconies. The deck 7 and 8 E cabin balconies midship, except for the hump ones, are regular size and have full height dividers but overlook the life and tender boats covers. The midship D cabin balconies on deck 9 view is OK due to their height above and overhang over the boat cover as shown in the shots below.

RadBalE3a.jpg

RadE3.jpg

The higher deck Category E balcony cabins have full height divider but are not as large except for some of the hump cabins. The area between short divider is on the front and back deck 7 Cat. E cabins is the amount of extra space you have with these balconies. The deck 7 and 8 E cabin balconies midship, except for the hump ones, are regular size and have full height dividers but overlook the life and tender boats covers. The midship D cabin balconies on deck 9 view is OK due to their height above and overhang over the boat cover as shown in the shots below.

Hopefully two last questions. The photo you show from cabin 7028 it looks like you are shooting forward and from the photo it appears there are only three cabins before the bulkhead, but when you look at the deck plans, there are actually eight rooms. Does the photo shoot over those other balconies and there are 8 rooms to the bulkhead, but just did not make the photo because of the angle of the shot? Second, you were in cabin 7028, that appears to be an E1 Category and 7024 two doors down is an E2. Do you know what the difference is between the two and why there is that one E1 room (cabin 7028) amongst all the E2's?

Yes, that shot was cropped from the lower portion of a upward zoom shot of the wing section of the bridge so not all balconies forward from cabin 7028 are shown.

The current E1 cabins appear to have some extra feature such as being a handicap, better location (hump with large balcony), can accommodates more than two paxs or is connecting to a cabin that can. If you don't need or want any of these features you typically are better off in a usually cheaper E2 which is the same otherwise. What I don't understand is the deck 8 midship E1s, even the ones without any of the above features, which overlook the life/tender boats canopies use to be all E2s.

Here is probably a better shot, toward stern from 7028, of some of the forward section E cabin balconies.

DSC04808b.jpg

Right now I am booked in room 7024 on Serenade of the Seas and am wondering if that has one of the larger balconies on the forward of the ship? I hear everyone talk about the larger balconies on the aft and wondered if there are any foward and if so how far back they go? I do not want to be above the lifeboats and 7024 looks like it goes right to the edge of ship. Thanks for any input. I hate picking cabins!

I traveled from Valparaiso, Chile to San Diego in 7028 on the Radiance. I am thinking that maybe Bob's photo is of my balcony since we were on the same trip. That has ended up being my very favorite cabin. I liked the ability to actually meet my neighbors on either side. When do you get to do that?? Mostly you just say hello in the hall. With the lower, glass dividers for the front part of the balcony, you actually get to talk face to face and maybe even share a glass or wine:). If I wanted privacy, all I had to do was move my deck chair back further and no one could see me or even know I was there. I have also found that the forward balcony has other rewards. I saw more ocean critters than lots of other people. I think that the critters are figuring out there is something there at about 7028 and then dive down. I saw whales, dolphins (tons), lots of turtles, marlin jumping, etc. from that balcony and I have never seen that many from mid-ship or closer aft. That 7th deck balcony, forward, on a Radiance Class ship is my go to place. I have since actually changed cruises when I couldn't get a cabin in that vicinity. Needless to say, I think you have made an amazing choice!!!

Pamela

Tucson, AZ

• 11 months later...

Archived