30 Days left!!! I feel like I am going to be sick!!

ava_girl_123

:eek: Just need to let this out:

First cruise.. 30 days left.. Feel like I am driving myself nuts! SO EXCITED! Scared, nervous, paranoid.. Uuugghh.. First time cruise jitters? Is this normal? What if I don't like it? I feel like I am going to hate being stuck on the ship when not in a port!

Do I have everything I need?

Brain = Bungee cord, FunTimes, FunPass, Tea Time, Sea Sick Meds, PassPorts, Captain, Persers Desk, My time dining, Your time dining, sign and sail cards, Embarkation, Disembarkation, battery operated alarm clock, Muster Drill, Elegant night, Meet and Greet, hanging shoe organizer.. AAAHHHHHH! And that is just what is on my mind as I write this!!

I am on OVER LOAD~~~:eek::eek::eek:

In case it doesn't appear to be, I am a very laid back person too..:p

HELP! :eek:

I bring a first aid kit with thermometer, bandaids, ointments, and anti-diarrhea meds..... I can take this stuff and avoid the infirmary for small things....

Just make a list of things you think of you may want or need to bring. As you get these things check them off the list and keep them in a place just for your cruise stuff. As it gets time to pack, check each item off the list again to be sure you have it. Don't over pack. Bring shorts that can go with different tops and count them out for each day and then add one or two more of each in case of a spill or tear.

When you are on the ship and have worn your clothes you know you won't be wearing again, pack them! This way on your last day you aren't saddled with all kinds of time packing when you could be enjoying more cruise time!

Your enthusiasm is contagious! I am months away from my second cruise, but reading your post made me antsy! :)

You are so much more prepared than I was when I first cruised in January. I hadn't been at CC long then, and I didn't learn until AFTER I got home that I'd missed out on half the ship activities. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the anticipation if you can. My first cruise excited me more than anything had in years! I was nuts for weeks before we left, and I probably will be before the next two cruises. But even after all of the craziness with packing, unpacking, and repacking, I told my friends when we got on the plane in January, "As long as we get there with credit cards and passports, we're good to go!"

Looking forward to your review! ;)

Avagirl you are so fun! I have loved reading your posts on here and the fashion and beauty board. Your dress is beautiful and I would say you are armed with a lot of info. Really don't worry, anything you forget is replaceable (most stuff you need will be for sale on the ship anyway). Just remember your swim suit, dress for elegant night, sunscreen and comfortable sandals. You'll be fine! I CANNOT wait to read your review when you return!

LMAO...sorry but you sounded like me when we took our first cruise ALOT of what ifs...drove one of my bosses crazy with questions, had nervous stomach the morning we were leaving for the cruise. Told my husband several times going down there that I was scared and couldn't stop shaking. Once I saw the boat I screamed. All of the nerviousness went away and I was just so excited that my reaction on seeing the boat made me scream. Hubby got made and said that his ears were bleeding :rolleyes:

Nothing to be nervous about. Make a list of everything you need (want) to pack and things you still need to pick up from the store hang it somewhere you will see every day and add to it when you think of something or things. I started mine several months ago for the upcoming cruise and I have added things to it on a daily bases. This has helped me feel somewhat organized and planned.

I also tend to be fully packed and ready to go a month ahead of time. The day before we leave I will unpack everything (outfits) and lay them out on my bed (or floor) and double check that I haven't forgotten anything.

Wait until you get back and get the "Post Cruise Blues". Now that really sucks! The only cure will be to book another one as fellow cruisers will agree.

Have a FABULOUS time and thoroughly enjoy every single minute of your cruise.

Michele

So true. I hate the "Post Cruise Blues" Last year was a little easier to deal with having to get off the ship and back to the real world because we had prebooked this years cruise while we were still on the ship.

Still cry though at the song they sing on the last day. My hubby laughs at me for it. I am just a softy.:o

:eek: Just need to let this out:

First cruise.. 30 days left.. Feel like I am driving myself nuts! SO EXCITED! Scared, nervous, paranoid.. Uuugghh.. First time cruise jitters? Is this normal? What if I don't like it? I feel like I am going to hate being stuck on the ship when not in a port!

Do I have everything I need?

LOL I was the SAME way before my first cruise. I heard soooo much about cruising--the good, the bad, and the ugly! I didn't know what to expect. I had the same questions you had. Finally, I just said to myself--"Oh well. If cruising is not the life for me, it's okay. I will enjoy not having to cook or clean for a few days. If it's awful, I'll complain and laugh about it later."

Nothing I heard or read or saw (on Youtube) prepared me for finally seeing that beautiful ship!! I had a blast! I loved the food, the shows, the service, the fellow passengers, the ports of call, the cabin---EVERYTHING. I experienced a few glitches (that cabbie in Miami and that vendor in Nassau really scared me!), but overall, the whole cruise was smooth sailing--so to speak.

When I was walking on deck and gazing at the stars in the sky, I thought, "I must have been made to travel the seas!" There's something about the vastness of the ocean that made me feel both minute and incredibly important. I mean, if God made all of THIS AND ME. . . wow!

Here's hoping that you get the rest, relaxation, fun, camaradrie and epiphany you want or need!

So true. I hate the "Post Cruise Blues" Last year was a little easier to deal with having to get off the ship and back to the real world because we had prebooked this years cruise while we were still on the ship.

Still cry though at the song they sing on the last day. My hubby laughs at me for it. I am just a softy.:o

Yep, softy here too. The minute I step into the atrium, my eyes fill up with tears and I get a big lump in my throat. My husband expects it every time and always just puts his arm around me and smiles. The best feeling in the world!

When I went on my first cruise, my feelings reminded me of when I was in school, and the last day before Christmas break. I loved getting that feeling again.

Be sure and make an appointment with your doctor before you leave, you will need to have a grin-ectomy to make your face normal after your cruise...lol.

Melanie

Take a deep breath, and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelax...

Like everyone else before me said, don't sweat the small stuff, let things roll off you, and enjoy what will be the first of many cruises that you will be taking!

LMAO...sorry but you sounded like me when we took our first cruise ALOT of what ifs...drove one of my bosses crazy with questions, had nervous stomach the morning we were leaving for the cruise. Told my husband several times going down there that I was scared and couldn't stop shaking. Once I saw the boat I screamed. All of the nerviousness went away and I was just so excited that my reaction on seeing the boat made me scream. Hubby got made and said that his ears were bleeding :rolleyes:

Nothing to be nervous about. Make a list of everything you need (want) to pack and things you still need to pick up from the store hang it somewhere you will see every day and add to it when you think of something or things. I started mine several months ago for the upcoming cruise and I have added things to it on a daily bases. This has helped me feel somewhat organized and planned.

I also tend to be fully packed and ready to go a month ahead of time. The day before we leave I will unpack everything (outfits) and lay them out on my bed (or floor) and double check that I haven't forgotten anything.

OMG ME TOO!! I am already packed!! Tooooo funny.. and yes, I plan to do the same thing, take the clothes out the day before and look at them to make sure I have what I need.. so funny!

Avagirl you are so fun! I have loved reading

your posts on here and the fashion and beauty board. Your dress is beautiful and I would say you are armed with a lot of info. Really don't worry, anything you forget is replaceable (most stuff you need will be for sale on the ship anyway). Just remember your swim suit, dress for elegant night, sunscreen and comfortable sandals. You'll be fine! I CANNOT wait to read your review when you return!

Thank you! Yes, everything is replaceable...I can't wait to write my review either!

When I went on my first cruise, my feelings reminded me of when I was in school, and the last day before Christmas break. I loved getting that feeling again.

Be sure and make an appointment with your doctor before you leave, you will need to have a grin-ectomy to make your face normal after your cruise...lol.

Melanie

Grin-ectomy! Love it!

Thanks everyone! I am guessing that all of my jitters are normal then! My husband thinks I am a nut! I swear that man doesn't get excited for a vacation until we are on our way to it.. So all of you good people are who I have to share my excitement with.. :D

Thank you again!

Gail,

I and my Fun Group are going on this cruise with you. You are sooo funny! Just calm down, take a deep breath, everything is going to be fine.

I love sea days, I always find soooo much to do.

I promise you will love cruisiing!!!!!

Michelle, I am excited to meet you and all your 32 members! They are all going to think I am nuts! We will have fun though.. I am a fun gal!

I have I think 40 days. I am like you GOING CRAZY. Lol how many times a day can I get on this board, read through my notes, plan, change plans, and re plan! And what is tea time? I missed that one?

Tea and cute little sandwhiches and desserts.. Sounds good.. I must do it... Lol..

I have never posted (been lurking for years) but your post made me laugh. I will be on my first cruise on the 26th (Carnival Glory). I am almost 80 % packed. I keep checking my list twice a day or more. You are not alone. Hope you enjoy your cruise! I even posted a Fashion week on my blog with all of my outfits/accessories just to pass the time.

I have never posted (been lurking for years) but your post made me laugh. I will be on my first cruise on the 26th (Carnival Glory). I am almost 80 % packed. I keep checking my list twice a day or more. You are not alone. Hope you enjoy your cruise! I even posted a Fashion week on my blog with all of my outfits/accessories just to pass the time.

Great, now I am crazy enough to get the "lurkers" out! Lol..:eek:

Would LOVE to see your outfits blog!! Hmm, what a great idea for a thread! I can see it now in the fashion section.. "Show me your outfits!" :D

Just a warning I did not go by the usual "cruise rules" for packing. I know I have way more clothing then most reccomend. But I'm ok with that! I love clothes, and I look forward to changing out my wardrobe each day. I don't swim so I won't be in a swimsuit all day. I won't be on a plane so I don't have to worry about my bags (although I have already pre-packed and have it down to one large bag, a carry on bag, and my purse. A first for me). For me half the fun has been planning for the cruise including what I will wear. So here it goes.....http://www.cyndiakadisneyqueen.blogspot.com/ . Remember you asked for it! :D

You'll be fine....and yes it's normal to feel all of those things! I just got off of my first cruise on the Fascination and it was amazing! Trust me, sea days are FUN days....there's always stuff going on, so if you can't find something to keep you occupied there's a problem :) Have a great cruise.....!

Listen, relax. Have fun, look forward to it but don't freak out. You have to realize everything you read here is broken down to the smallest little pieces of information, and most issues won't even matter once you're on board having fun. You really can overload on this site so that you concentrate on minor details and overlook the fact that you're there to have fun, do what YOU want to do, and relax. Plus, once you come back you will find out that what's important to some on here is of no importance to you. Have fun! Make sure you write a good review when you get back for us, that is your duty now!

Just a warning I did not go by the usual "cruise rules" for packing. I know I have way more clothing then most reccomend. But I'm ok with that! I love clothes, and I look forward to changing out my wardrobe each day. I don't swim so I won't be in a swimsuit all day. I won't be on a plane so I don't have to worry about my bags (although I have already pre-packed and have it down to one large bag, a carry on bag, and my purse. A first for me). For me half the fun has been planning for the cruise including what I will wear. So here it goes.....http://www.cyndiakadisneyqueen.blogspot.com/ . Remember you asked for it! :D

Awesome! :D

Archived