Discounts for booking on NCL?

Cathalain

Question for all of those who have sailed on NCL, please? :)

I am planning a huge blowout cruise for my 40th birthday (2012), and I really like the look of the Epic, so I'm going to go for it. I went so far as to pick out the type of accommodations I prefer, but then noticed that discounts only seem to be offered for 55+ and for previous cruisers.

Does NCL have residency, or law enforcement/military discounts? I'd hate to have to pick another cruise line, as the Epic seems... well, an epic win, heh. But the cruise fare would be steeply reduced on RCI for me because I qualify for both residency and LEO discounts. Haven't checked other lines out yet, but I kind of have my heart set on the Epic...

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am planning a huge blowout cruise for my 40th birthday (2012), and I really like the look of the Epic, so I'm going to go for it. I went so far as to pick out the type of accommodations I prefer, but then noticed that discounts only seem to be offered for 55+ and for previous cruisers.

Does NCL have residency, or law enforcement/military discounts? I'd hate to have to pick another cruise line, as the Epic seems... well, an epic win, heh. But the cruise fare would be steeply reduced on RCI for me because I qualify for both residency and LEO discounts. Haven't checked other lines out yet, but I kind of have my heart set on the Epic...

They have AARP, Union Membership, Military. I understand the Union and Military if the best.

NCL offers discounts for Union Membership, Military, Age, Residency and other things (that I can't find at the moment). But such discounts are not on every ship on every sailing, so buyer beware. You might find something, or book through a Travel Agent and perhaps get OBC or a discounted fare that way.

Last I heard they were giving free upgrades from OV to Balcony... that's a huge discount :)

We just booked last week using that promotion on the Star. We paid for a C ocean view and they gave us a BC balcony. Also, our TA gave us $200 OBC! Win!

And don't forget to drink lots of Tropicana and use the points for your $100 OBC!

Another great deal NCL offers a lot is a much cheaper fare for 3rd and 4th person in the same cabin. We've used this option several times and found the price difference to be considerably less expensive than most any other cruise line.

Have fun planning. Hope you have a fabulous 40th!

Last I heard they were giving free upgrades from OV to Balcony... that's a huge discount :)

We just booked last week using that promotion on the Star. We paid for a C ocean view and they gave us a BC balcony. Also, our TA gave us $200 OBC! Win!

And don't forget to drink lots of Tropicana and use the points for your $100 OBC!

Would this apply to Epic if they have no OV cabins? :rolleyes:

If you get a military discount, or a promotional upgrade or any promotional onboard credit (not from a TA), then you will not be eligible for the Tropicana $100 OBC

If you get a military discount, or a promotional upgrade or any promotional onboard credit (not from a TA), then you will not be eligible for the Tropicana $100 OBC

Are you sure about that? I thought I had read on a large thread regarding Tropicana that military discounts, etc wouln not affect the OBC, but I could be wrong.

No, you are not wrong. The only programs that you can combine the Tropicana promotion with, are the Leadership Fare (PG6) and Latitudes discount fare, (DMPP6).

This is from the Tropicana website: On-board credit (OBC) amount is per stateroom based on cruise length: For 3 - 5-day sailings: $50 OBC for Balcony, $50 OBC for Mini-Suites and Villas. For 6-day salings or longer: $100 OBC for Balcony, $100 OBC for Mini-Suites, $100 OBC for Suites and Villas. Booking window: 2/1/2010 - 12/30/2010 applicable to sailing dates between 2/1/2010 and 10/31/2011. How to Qualify: Reservation must be made prior to mailing in coupon. Only original, OBC certificates can be accepted. Guest needs to mail OBC Certificates to NCL Attn: Marketing Department, Norwegian Cruise Line, Tropicana Offer, Marketing Department, 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, FL 33126. Offer shown in U.S. dollars, per stateroom based on cruise length, and applies to select sailing(s). Offer applies to new and existing reservations and to 1st and 2nd guest in stateroom. Limit one OBC certificate per staterom. Cruise must be booked and the coupon applied, prior to the expiration date of coupon. Sailing date may occur after the expiration date on the coupon, but before 10/31/2011. 1-2-day sailings are excluded. Inside and Oceanview staterooms are excluded. OBC must be used for any on-board purchases or will be forfeited. Certificate also applies to reservation booked under Leadership fare (program code PG6) or Latitude discount fare (program code DMPP6). Not combinable with any other coupons, promotions, on-board credit or discount offers. This coupon cannot be redeemed on-board, has no cash value, not transferable and not valid retroactively. Singles paying 200% of the rate are eligible to per stateroom on-board credit amount. All cancellation fees will follow NCL schedule listed in the brochure and www.ncl.com. Cancellation fees are applicable based on the booking/sailing dateand accommodations; NCL strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings. On-board service charges are additional and will be automatically added to on-board account. Government taxes and fees are additional. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective immediately, NCL is suspending the company's fuel supplement for all voyages at this time. The Company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel. NCL may collect any fuel supplement charge in effect at time of sailing, even if cruise fare has been paid in full. Offers are based on availability, are capacity controlled, and combinability with other offers is subject to change or cancellation at any time per NCL discretion. Other restrictions may apply. NCL is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Norwegian Cruise Line must receive coupons on or before 12/30/2010. Certificate expires 12/30/2010.

Not sure what the exact percentage of the military discount is suppose to be, but I received a 9% discount with my upcoming cruise. I believe this discount was taken from the Latitudes member pricing, so it may actually be more if based off the regular listing. Hope this helps.

Last I've heard, NCL has not been consistant with whether they apply the Tropicana OBC if you got a upgrade, so I am hoping we'll get it. I know we can have both a TA OBC and Tropicana OBC. Totally worth "risking" a stamp :)

yes, NCL does offer military discounts and union as well.

Nita

Archived