table request

blondie219

We are sailing on the Glory in October. This is our first cruise and a first vacation for my husband and I without our children. How can we go about requesting a table for just the two of us?

On boarding check for signs indicating which dining room and what time the Maitre D will be handling requests, and get there (early) and make your request - no tip required/expected at time of request, altho Maybe in the provided envelope the final nite. ken

You will have ALL DAY LONG to be "alone"...dining with others isn't as bad as you may imagine! It's actually fun, and the waitstaff enjoys groups, too!

So, if you can't get your 2-top, don't fret...enjoy the company!

On boarding check for signs indicating which dining room and what time the Maitre D will be handling requests, and get there (early) and make your request - no tip required/expected at time of request, altho Maybe in the provided envelope the final nite. ken

The best bet is to grab a copy of the Fun Times upon embark and check there for location and time to visit with the Maitre d'.

Normally, he or she is available from about 1:30 'til about 3 PM for request for changes.

:)

You will have ALL DAY LONG to be "alone"...dining with others isn't as bad as you may imagine! It's actually fun, and the waitstaff enjoys groups, too!

So, if you can't get your 2-top, don't fret...enjoy the company!

I'm with my wife all day long on the cruise too and I still prefer to dine at a table for 2.

One size doesn't fit all. :)

Bill

I'm with my wife all day long on the cruise too and I still prefer to dine at a table for 2.

One size doesn't fit all. :)

Bill

LOL! I was gonna say:confused: Dh and I actually enjoy each others company and never run out of things to say:D And we still seem to meet many people thru out the cruise.....imagine that:p

Dining with others is great.....but being forced to dine with others can be a total nightmare.......

LOL! I was gonna say:confused: Dh and I actually enjoy each others company and never run out of things to say:D And we still seem to meet many people thru out the cruise.....imagine that:p

Dining with others is great.....but being forced to dine with others can be a total nightmare.......

Yep I remember the one cruise when I didn't know you could ask to be moved.

Had the grandmom with the I love Jesus baseball hat on, grandpa who was stumbling into the dining room every night from having a little too much to drink during the day, and the 2 young teen grandkids who burst into laughter every time we would open our mouths to talk.

And I think they werent taught to eat with eating utensils. Just picked up their prime rib with their hands.

Thankfully that was the only time we had bad tablemates but now with anytime we just get tables for 2 or just eat in the buffet.

Bill

Archived