Ecstasy Porthole Cabins

In the past there has been some discussion regarding the porthole cabins.......that they are noisy....that you can't see out of them....etc.

We just returned from Ecstasy and booked cabin R28 which is on Rivera - Deck 4.

We never heard any "noises" when pulling into or out of port. Our room was wonderful. You get sunshine for the price of an interior.

I am posting a few pictures so you can see what the room looked like as well as a picture taken through the porthole so you can see that it is just as clear as any oceanview.

Enjoy....

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I think they were saying you cant see out of them as well as a regular window ... I know Iv never said you cant see out of them.

We were in E9 and did have some noise when docking/coming into a port early a.m.

I think I was next door to your cabin our first cruise and I dont remember noise that time either.

I think it depends on the pot holes that you get. Ours were really dirty on the outside, so it was hard to see. Yes, we got sunshine, but it was like looking through a foggy window. I also didn't like that I had to climb up to look out the window (I'm only 5'3") and I banged my head everytime.. but maybe that's just me.

We were in M4 and everytime a wave would hit the ship you could hear it in the room. The port holes were very dirty on the outside, but it did allow for the sun to come in. Not sure if we would get another port hole room though1

Thanks for the info! We will be on the Ectasy in September and will be just a couple of doors down from this room..can't wait! JUst FYI- we've been on the rivera deck both other times we have cruised (mid ship oceanview) and have always had noise when pulling in and out of dock...

You rock! Thanks for the positive review on the PTs. I had one on the Holiday, and I only got one porthole, but I could see out of it on that ancient ship just fine. It was very quiet and wonderful in that room, until we started hitting those 500,000,000-foot waves!!! But, everyone on the ship was feeling it then.

We try to book a porthole room any time we sail on a Fantasy Class ship. It is a great bargain. Check the deck plan, some of the rooms are bigger than others.

While it appears that way on the deck plans, in fact, all the PT rooms are the same. We checked to be sure ;) I've noticed that the farther front you are, the worse the noise is. We had R29 and heard very little. However, in rough seas, any Riviera deck room is going to be "noisy". We've been in R202 (an OV) in 10 ft seas and when the waves would crash against the side of the ship you could hear the "clang" (sort of like a muffled gong, if you've heard it, you know the sound). It didn't bother me because I knew what it was but could see it scaring a first time cruiser.

For what it's worth, we've been in R226 also, which is aft. The vibration in that room during docking (and probably sail away, we were just never in the bed at sail away, lol) would just about knock you out of bed. I've had U241 on a Fantasy class ship (which is all the way aft) and LOVED it! No noise!! So, I know not to book aft rooms on the Riviera deck of a Fantasy class ship again!! But I love me some PT rooms!! Would book them again in a heartbeat!

Here are some pictures of our PT room on Fantasy (same class as Ectasy). We had U15 and would definitely book a porthole in the future. We did move our bed from its original position so that it was directly under the porthole spot as seen here:

Cruise2010017.jpg

Sunset through our porthole

Cruise2010008.jpg

We both sat in the porthole "shelf" quite often!

Cruise2010036.jpg

Do the port hole rooms on the Fantasy class ships have a sofa or a chair to sit on? Thanks. :)

No sofa in our room. Only a chair. We dont spend much time in our cabin though so we didnt really miss it...except for the time we had some new found friends stop by. Everyone had to sit on the bed which was a bit awkward. :o

Archived