A couple of eDoc Questions

indimini

Hi, this is our first cruise on HAL. I have some questions re: the eDocs that I hope others more experienced with HAL's practices can answer.

First, is it really necessary to print/bring all pages or just page 1 that is the boarding pass? Other eDocs I've had from other cruise lines included a signature page that I didn't see from HAL. As far as I can tell, beyond page 1 it's just all the legalese and some general info like itinerary.

Secondly, can/should I print the ones currently on line that have our stateroom listed as Guarantee, or should I wait until we are closer to the cruise date, assuming that a room assignment will be made by then? Does it matter if the boarding pass doesn't match the final room assignment?

Thanks in advance for any insights. We're so looking forward to HAL!

I print only the first page and bring the full pdf file on my netbook. You probably won't even be asked for the first page.

You could print the docs and bag tags now and just write in the cabin number when you get it, or you could wait. The cabin assignments generally begin at about 3 weeks before sailing, peak at about 11 to 9 days, and could come as late as embarkation day.

We only bring page one of the e-docs and the last three or four cruises, they didn't take them. Better to have them than not but if you have an interest in reading the whole cruise contract, you may wish to print it for your 'reading pleasure' :D but you don't have to print it.

We do the same thing -- print only the first page.

And when we checked in at the cruise terminal they didn't even take that page. Nor did they check my credit card.

I would wait until nearer cruise time to print out that first page just in case you do get a cabin assignment before the cruise even though the information will automatically be put into the system when HAL assigns your cabin and the people at the dock will see the latest information.

I agree, I would wait until they have assigned your room to print page one and your luggage tags, especially since the luggage tags are changing.

Have a great cruise:):)

Archived