OFFICIAL - MOANA MALIHINIS - 15 day Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - April 13, 2012

Luckysll

LEtue said: We usually select early dining too. And since there are 8 sea days we may do the same. I guess it is only a problem in the 2 port days where we don't sail until 11pm ;)

Linda, I like early dining but if we get back late, there is always casual dining. I don't know how Carnival works, but on Princess if you miss your scheduled seating you can slide over to anytime dining. Is Carnival that way also?

No, I don't think we can switch for 2 nights. The nice thing about Princess is the bistro option at night in case you don't make it to the dining room. As far as I know Carnival doesn't have this. But there is always the Lido or room service. And depending on what we're doing as an excursion we may be back aboard at dinner time anyway.

I have a question about the menus. Will we have 15 different menus or will they repeat?

Based on my experience on the 14 day Panama Canal cruise I did, there will be different menus each night.

Anyone know if we will be tendering in any of the ports on our itinerary?

Hilo

Maui (Kahului)

Honolulu

Kona

Kauai (Nawiliwili)

Only tendering port is Kona ......... no deep water dock area.....at least it was both times we did the 12 night sailings.

Sandy - Thanks for having us in the list ...... we are now in cabin 6247 (a 8D, changed today from an 8C on deck 5) and doing "anytime dining".

For the Panamaniacs "late seating" dinners in our group, we had the bookings all linked to ours (mine and Pink Deb's) and then I sent an e-mail to the Maitre'D advising how many would be at late seating together, gave him my booking number that everyone was linked to and asked for us to be together at adjoining tables, so we had 3 large tables in the side dining room (behind the bar), so if you want to e-mail the Maitre'D on Spirit the e-mail would be SPDining@Carnival.com ............... got the e-mail when I was chatting via e-mail with the Asst. Maitre'D from the Lido Deck Buffet that we met when we did our Alaska sailing and then sailed with again a few months later on the 8 night Mexico..... she has since changed ships and I've lost track of her.

We booked this right after it came out. David and Wade from Atlanta, Ga.

This is great Ive read most of your reveiws and seen so many of your photos that I know it doesnt matter how many pic I take there will always be great ones of our sailing available. Hope you don't mind sharing:D:D

Sandy - Thanks for having us in the list ...... we are now in cabin 6247 (a 8D, changed today from an 8C on deck 5) and doing "anytime dining".

For the Panamaniacs "late seating" dinners in our group, we had the bookings all linked to ours (mine and Pink Deb's) and then I sent an e-mail to the Maitre'D advising how many would be at late seating together, gave him my booking number that everyone was linked to and asked for us to be together at adjoining tables, so we had 3 large tables in the side dining room (behind the bar), so if you want to e-mail the Maitre'D on Spirit the e-mail would be SPDining@Carnival.com ............... got the e-mail when I was chatting via e-mail with the Asst. Maitre'D from the Lido Deck Buffet that we met when we did our Alaska sailing and then sailed with again a few months later on the 8 night Mexico..... she has since changed ships and I've lost track of her.

Thanks for the info and email address, Lorna. I'll be able to use it closer to the cruise if people want to be seated together.

Who's going (CC group in red):

1. Luckysll - Sandy - BOOKED

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila

3. Danysmom - Cheryl, Roselle, Darlene and DN

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris)

5. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie

6. Cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

7. Pee-ah – Pia and Ritva

8. Cruisingcouple2008 – Amy and Austin

9. Halos – Angel and Bill

10. Halos sister and DH – Karen and Charlie

11. Halos MIL and SIL – Dot and Debbie

12. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

13. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett

14. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff

15. LornaT – Lorna and Jess - BOOKED

16. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED

17. Pinkbugs471 – Marci, George and Mary – BOOKED

18. Cruzkitty – Charlene and Richard – BOOKED

19. Jaddid – Dennis and Jessie – BOOKED

20. Crzndeb – Debbie – BOOKED

21. XXCruiser 01 – Ralf – BOOKED

21. Kaykay51 – Kay and Craig – BOOKED

22. Tiggerman101 – David and Wade - BOOKED

Who else is going to join us??

Im sooooo leaning this way on picking exact cabin and paying the full deposit. Also we always do anytime dining LOVE IT !!!!!

I always booked direct because since I used to book for a triple (when Mom was with us) you have to pay full deposit anyway. Old habits die hard, plus with only needing a double and that this full deposit per person ($400 each) is a bite out of the wallet, I am able to book and hold the cabin with a deposit just for me and I'll add Jess later. I take te chance of only the taxes and port fees for her going up, but not the cabin rate since I locked it in at the 200% rate anyway.

Just tell the Carnival CVS or PVP that you are booking just yourself, no problem. Can't do that for a triple or quad though except for booking suites, they want everyone in a triple or quad cabin (inside, Oceanview or balcony) booked and deposited or the computer won't let the booking continue.

Can't wait to see you (those we know already) and meet everyone else :D this time is not going to fly fast enough!

Sandy - If you need a cabin for cabin/poker crawl/run we only have a 8D, but be more than happy to volunteer! Can we direct bookers get the T-Shirts too (when you make then that is) and pay for another meet & greet or pay to join the CC Group one?

I always booked direct because since I used to book for a triple (when Mom was with us) you have to pay full deposit anyway. Old habits die hard, plus with only needing a double and that this full deposit per person ($400 each) is a bite out of the wallet, I am able to book and hold the cabin with a deposit just for me and I'll add Jess later. I take te chance of only the taxes and port fees for her going up, but not the cabin rate since I locked it in at the 200% rate anyway.

Just tell the Carnival CVS or PVP that you are booking just yourself, no problem. Can't do that for a triple or quad though except for booking suites, they want everyone in a triple or quad cabin (inside, Oceanview or balcony) booked and deposited or the computer won't let the booking continue.

Can't wait to see you (those we know already) and meet everyone else :D this time is not going to fly fast enough!

Sandy - If you need a cabin for cabin/poker crawl/run we only have a 8D, but be more than happy to volunteer! Can we direct bookers get the T-Shirts too (when you make then that is) and pay for another meet & greet or pay to join the CC Group one?

Thanks for volunteering for the cabin/poker crawl. I'll put your name on the list, although we won't have to organize it for awhile.

Of course, anyone will be able to buy a t-shirt.

We don't have a private cocktail party as one of the amenities, so if we decide to hold one, anyone can pay and join. The meet and greet is usually held in a public area, but if I contact John Heald (through his blog), that we can arrange with the CD for a private area, no charge but possibly with a cash bar set up.

Really want to book this cruise but need help with selecting a regular balcony cabin. What category do you all recommend? How are the midship balconies on deck 4 and deck 6? If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate the help. Thanks--Carla

OH I going:D.. I was thinking this was only for the group..:rolleyes:

I also booked the day after it was posted..:p

Sheri and Jim AZ

Everyone is welcome to come here and chat. I'll add you to our list.

Really , Really leaning towards this for our 10th cruise? Booking this early with the group, does it require full deposit?

Many Thanks

Charleyann and Jacob

If you book one of the guaranteed cabins, you only need a $25 per person deposit. If you want to pick your cabin or another category, then you'll need to put down the full deposit. I've sent you an email.

Really want to book this cruise but need help with selecting a regular balcony cabin. What category do you all recommend? How are the midship balconies on deck 4 and deck 6? If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate the help. Thanks--Carla

I'm hoping to book cabin 4168, which I had on the Pride and have booked for the Miracle B2B. It's a great location and is an 8B category.

Who's going (CC group in red):

1. Luckysll - Sandy - BOOKED

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila

3. Danysmom - Cheryl, Roselle, Darlene and DN

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris)

5. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie

6. Cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

7. Pee-ah – Pia and Ritva

8. Cruisingcouple2008 – Amy and Austin

9. Halos – Angel and Bill

10. Halos sister and DH – Karen and Charlie

11. Halos MIL and SIL – Dot and Debbie

12. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

13. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett

14. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff

15. LornaT – Lorna and Jess - BOOKED

16. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED