any time dining question

kroozerj

i am booked on the CB in november, and have requested the any time dining. my question is, on formal nights, do we still get the same presentation that is given in the fixed seating time? or is it just like another night and should we do the fixed seating on the formal night, to get all the fancies of formal night? it is my GF first cruise, and i want her to get all the special things princess has to offer?

The menu and the dress code are the same in both the fixed seating dining room and the anytime dining room.

You cannot switch back and forth between the two types of dining...it's one or the other.

what i meant to say is, is it better if i switch to fixed seating as opposed to any time dining? i like the idea of eating any time i like, but i didnt want it to be less of an experience? will we still get the same things in both dining assignments?

what i meant to say is, is it better if i switch to fixed seating as opposed to any time dining? i like the idea of eating any time i like, but i didnt want it to be less of an experience? will we still get the same things in both dining assignments?

Everything is identical except that on some ships they do a baked Alaska parade around the dining room in traditional dining.

Also, since Traditional is so popular, you probably won't be able to be confirmed for Traditional dining unless you booked early and requested it. As the others have said, unless you have confirmed Traditional dining, you'll have Anytime dining.

Formal nights on Princess are special in that they have an ambiance that's elegant. There isn't a lot of hoopla other than a Captain's Circle cocktail party for past passengers and on one the of the formal nights, a champagne waterfall in the Atrium.

Well, I prefer traditional seating because I feel that the service is a lot better when you have the same waiter each night, and when all the tables that the waiter is serving is synchronized to the same stage of the meal. This makes dinner a highlight of our evenings.

Sometimes you can request the same waiter in the anytime room, but it was our experience on the CB that the maitre-d didn't allow this.

We had the Baked Alaska parade in Anytime Dining on the Coral last September.

Same on the Golden in June 2010. :D :rolleyes:

Cato :)

catolga28@shaw.ca

Passed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 November 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Fifth & (hopefully Platinum member cruise), Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver -LA

Repositioning .

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Crown Princess, 26 Mach 2011, 7 day Western Carribean, LA to LA

Eighth cruise - Emerald Princess, 04 June 2011, 11 day Baltic, Copenhagen to Copenhagen

Well, I prefer traditional seating because I feel that the service is a lot better when you have the same waiter each night, and when all the tables that the waiter is serving is synchronized to the same stage of the meal. This makes dinner a highlight of our evenings.

Sometimes you can request the same waiter in the anytime room, but it was our experience on the CB that the maitre-d didn't allow this.

...but it varies from ship to ship.

Ciao for now!!!

My preception is that menu and other things are similar.

THe advantages of traditional is same waiter which helps with things like drinks, dressing, dessert etc. if you always do the same thing.

WIth anytime we found seating could result in a wait on formal nights especially if you plan to eat around 7pm or so. If you eat early or late after 8pm not a problem. The other thing is the do this dessert tradition walk in that I believe may be only done once, thus in anytime you may miss it.

Enjoy your cruise,

i am booked on the CB in november, and have requested the any time dining. my question is, on formal nights, do we still get the same presentation that is given in the fixed seating time? or is it just like another night and should we do the fixed seating on the formal night, to get all the fancies of formal night? it is my GF first cruise, and i want her to get all the special things princess has to offer?

Same on the Golden in June 2010. :D :rolleyes:

Cato :)

catolga28@shaw.ca

Passed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess' date=' 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 November 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)[/color']

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Fifth & (hopefully Platinum member cruise), Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver -LA

Repositioning .

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Crown Princess, 26 Mach 2011, 7 day Western Carribean, LA to LA

Eighth cruise - Emerald Princess, 04 June 2011, 11 day Baltic, Copenhagen to Copenhagen

We had the Baked Alaska parade in Anytime Dining on the Coral last September.

What times did they have it?

Archived