Printing Out Luggage Tags

turquoisesea

We print out one and then make copies on heavier paper for attaching to luggage.

I did the same thing but also used clear shipping tape to cover the printed tags from my printer. If I remember right ............with any color code on the tags I used a magic marker and tried to match the color .I used the homemade tags on misc. things such as a case of H2O for our group 9 adults and 5 children.

It is just as easy to wait til you get to the port. The porters have tags you can fill out and attach - they are the "heavy duty" type. That's what we have been doing on Princess, HAL and Celebrity cruises for the last year or so.

I did the same thing but also used clear shipping tape to cover the printed tags from my printer. If I remember right ............with any color code on the tags I used a magic marker and tried to match the color .I used the homemade tags on misc. things such as a case of H2O for our group 9 adults and 5 children.

They still assign a color to the tags? I hadn't heard about that. This will be the first time I need to print my own tags.

We did so, no problems all the luggage showed up in front of our cabin pretty quickly.

I was skeptical that simply printer paper would work, but had no issues. When you triple fold like they recommend they are actually very durable.

Can you print out multiple luggage tags? I haven't finished my Personalizer yet, so am holding off printing the tags. I'm thinking of prininting out extras. Is this possible?

Can you print out multiple luggage tags? I haven't finished my Personalizer yet, so am holding off printing the tags. I'm thinking of prininting out extras. Is this possible?

We did so, no problems all the luggage showed up in front of our cabin pretty quickly.

I was skeptical that simply printer paper would work, but had no issues. When you triple fold like they recommend they are actually very durable.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I will print out a sample to play with! I am planning on trying card stock and photo paper.
I usually save the PDF file and then I can print any amount any time I want. If you fold and staple them like the instructions they are extreamly duriable. I use 20lb. paper.

I also put a flat black and white copy of the luggage tag on top of everything in the

luggage. Even if TSA goes into it, they've always left the contents exactly like they were.

Wish I could do that, if I have to go back into a suitcase, it looks like scrambled eggs

when I'm through. I also leave a copy of the itin and Princess's phone number.

Plain printer paper has always worked for me......haven't had one torn off yet.

For some reason we were unable to print out our luggage tags on either of our computers, which did cause some angst. However, once we got to the docks, there were many tags, so we just affixed what we needed and that was the end of that!! So, you needn't worry about that part of it at all.

Archived