3 people in a room, OV GUAR--but they assign to a room with only 2 beds...

stevexy

Here's the question--I have an OV GUAR and was assigned to a room with only the 2 beds but there are 3 of us so will need a roll-away. However, there is a room on the same deck and class (6b) that has the convertible sofa that is still open and thus we could avoid the roll-away. Any chance I could get carnival to chg the room? It would make the life of the cabin steward easier....Cruise leaves in 2 weeks. Thanks Steve

PS does anyone know what time they bring in the rollaway at night and what time it is removed in the morning?

With a guaranty your chances are pretty slim unless you jump up and down and pitch a royal fit. A guaranty you agree to take any cabin is the problem. If you have a large volumn TA you work with or PVP, cant hurt to ask though. I know one time it worked was with a family and the kids room would have been on another deck, and the OP said carnival "promised" to keep them close, and was all upset. She got changed. Someone on a CC group cruise got changed, I remember a few who got it.

I thought they just folded up the rollaway during the day? Im not sure it gets taken out of the cabin each day.

I hate to say this....but....you get what you paid for. You paid for a category, knowing that you could get the least desirable cabin in that category. If you (you in the plural..not you personally) cannot accept that...then splurge, and pay for what you really want.

I had a guarantee once....never again. In my case it was "penny wise and pound foolish".

Look at the rate for the available cabin, this close in it may not be much more if any. Pay the difference and get the room you want.

I agree. It might not be too much. Call and ask. What's the worst that can happen. Start out with asking if you can just switch, then if that doesn't work ask how much extra to switch.

Darn if I'd want to sleep on a roll away.

I neglected to ask the questions on the cruise we took our grandchildren on last summer I assumed (yes I know what they say!) that because there was bunk beds, we would each have a bed. I got stuck on a roll away the entire cruise. by all means... call and try to upgrade to the other room!!! it will be worth the money....... and... the roll away stayed in the room the entire cruise, was made up each day just like a regular bed... but my feet were below the desk every night ... they would not upgrade or change us once we got on the ship and discovered the dilemma.......good luck

Yes--I assumed that OV GUAR would include enough beds/convert sofa etc. But I guess that isnt true...But, I am going to expect the rollaway to be removed everyday.

What if the person using the rollaway wants to take a nap in the afternoon? Isn't it better to have your bed there?

Yes--I assumed that OV GUAR would include enough beds/convert sofa etc. But I guess that isnt true...But, I am going to expect the rollaway to be removed everyday.

Why would you ASSUME this if others say their experience is it is not removed every day? Just folded up and left in the cabin.

Maybe if you added a cash tip to the $10 pp per day, and tip really well, you can get it done, otherwise I wouldnt assume you will get a service not the norm. I said no one helped me moved cabins on a B2B ..and others told me I should have tipped a $20 and I would have gotten the help.

I am already tipping $10 a day--if the cabin person doesnt remove the bed--I will reduce the tip.

Its not part of his job. So you want to demand extra service and not tip extra. You must be fun to travel with. You want to get back at Carnival and taking it out on the cabin steward I see.

We did an OV guarantee several years ago for 3 people and got put in a double room with a roll away. The bed was NOT removed during the day, just folded up.

No complaints however since we were upgraded from an OV to a balcony...to me it was worth the hassle to get the balcony at the much cheaper price.

Having the bed in the room (even when folded up) did make the room a bit "tight". If this is something that is going to make your cruise less enjoyable you might think about paying for a true triple cabin.

It does seem like Carnival should at least put you in a triple cabin regardless of whether you book guarantee or not...you are paying for 3 people and all should have beds.

I am already tipping $10 a day--if the cabin person doesnt remove the bed--I will reduce the tip.

Usually when you expect someone to do something beyond their job duties you would tip them more, not less. You get what you paid for plain and simple.

Cheap and overly demanding, that is a great combination. Having you as a travel companion must be wonderful.

Here's the point--Carnival Corp could have put me in a 3 person room with 3 beds--was available--they deliberately put me in a 2 person room figuring I assume they could possible sell the 3 person room to someone for a higher amount. Perfectly within Carnival's rights to do that. However, since Carnival made the decision to do that, then I am going to ask the bed be removed every day. Now, if the only rooms available were 2 person rooms with a rollaway, then what choice would Carnival have, but here they made the choice to put me in a room with only 2 beds when they knew they didnt have to do that. Kind of poor customer service. It would be kind of like dropping off the car at the dealer and they give you a loaner. Now, say the only loaner available was an older car--fine you take it--its the best they can do and you appreciate that at least they had something available. But now think about the alternative--they have a perfectly fine loaner available, but they give you the older car anyway. If Carnival is going to make the decision to assign 2 bed rooms deliberately to 3 people, then for good customer service they need to have the ability to remove the bed everyday if the customer wants that.

Here's the point--Carnival Corp could have put me in a 3 person room with 3 beds--was available--they deliberately put me in a 2 person room figuring I assume they could possible sell the 3 person room to someone for a higher amount. Perfectly within Carnival's rights to do that. However, since Carnival made the decision to do that, then I am going to ask the bed be removed every day. Now, if the only rooms available were 2 person rooms with a rollaway, then what choice would Carnival have, but here they made the choice to put me in a room with only 2 beds when they knew they didnt have to do that. Kind of poor customer service. It would be kind of like dropping off the car at the dealer and they give you a loaner. Now, say the only loaner available was an older car--fine you take it--its the best they can do and you appreciate that at least they had something available. But now think about the alternative--they have a perfectly fine loaner available, but they give you the older car anyway. If Carnival is going to make the decision to assign 2 bed rooms deliberately to 3 people, then for good customer service they need to have the ability to remove the bed everyday if the customer wants that.

We got it before. You are mad at Carnival so going to take it out on the cabin steward (who had nothing to do with the cabin selection).

If you hate it that much, you could pay to pick your cabin, you choose to do a gty to save money right?? Not the cabin steward.

The rollaway folds in half and really doesnt take up that much space in your cabin during the day...honest.

Instead of arguing and saying you're going to blame the cabin steward for doing his job, why don't you do what everyone here has suggested and call Carnival to get a real answer.

FWIW, we were once assigned a cabin with a rollaway on Victory, called in because we saw an available true triple and were reassigned without hassle or additional payment. It would likely require speaking nicely however.

So you were too cheap to pay for the room you wanted, and you got what you paid for. Now that you got what you paid for, you want to make more work for someone who is not responsible for your dilemma ( you are at fault, no one else). So now if this already over worked individual does not do this extra work you want for free, you are going to remove the regular pay he is counting on.

Is it a full moon?

We used the "rollaway" for years on the Fantasy class ships (which was never really a "rollaway" that folds in the middle~ although I have seen these on the ships) ......

It was usually just a bed that was on a "strap" based that slid under the vanity area....

It was never in the way and worked out perfectly.

Now having said that....Carnival has reconfigured the cabins on the Fantasy class since those days....we are using one next month in an OV..so we will see how it goes....

We used the "rollaway" for years on the Fantasy class ships (which was never really a "rollaway" that folds in the middle~ although I have seen these on the ships) ......

It was usually just a bed that was on a "strap" based that slid under the vanity area....

It was never in the way and worked out perfectly.

Now having said that....Carnival has reconfigured the cabins on the Fantasy class since those days....we are using one next month in an OV..so we will see how it goes....

Is that a trundle bed. ... earlier I said I had seen these on Ecstasy, very low to the ground and they slide under the bed during the day.

They said if we had a cabin with one, it would be the bed made up, and unless we requested a rollaway it would be the trundle. Both are available.

I agree that a folded up rollaway takes up very little space. We had one years ago in a much smaller cabin on an NCL ship and when it was folded up against he wall it was not in the way whatever. AND I think the rollaway mattress might be better than the one on a sofa bed. JMHO

PS Please don't take it out on your cabin steward. Theirs is not an easy job. And I agree that to request something above-and-beyond deserves an additional tip upfront.

Of course you dont take it out on the cabin steward--but Carnival should expect and provide the ability to remove the bed. One concern--it may not just be about money--I wonder if Carnival has a policy that "punishes" any steward where there is an reduction in tips i.e Carnival assumes the customer was unhappy and assumes the steward did something wrong.

Archived