Latitudes - extra credit for suite guests?

oliverweagle

Oh yea, I know all about those December flights. There were a few years that I had to book a few more business trips in December to make sure I hit the 100 or so flights to get that top level for the next year. You really have to fly ALOT to get that, and keep flying. And, if you dropped to only 90 flights the next year, your drop down a big level. Drop to 20 or so flights and you become just another flyer.

Still, I do not think cruiselines could do that much for people unless you were at least 5 cruises a year, for many years. Maybe even 10 a year.

And, I think people would still select a cruiseline based on what is offered, where they go and overall price.

I agree that it would be nice if NCL revamped their methods of assigning Latitudes points, but I'm not certain it should be done by the amount of money one spends. My feeling is that NCL should do what other cruise lines are doing - assigning rewards levels based upon the number of days you've sailed. This would result in a 1 day cruise being worth less than a 14 day cruise, which seems appropriate to me. Just my opinion, though.

I agree that the number of days should be counted instead of the number of cruises.

The cruisers who book the higher category cabins are rewarded by the product and amenities , and the gamblers are rewarded by the CAS perks, so there is no reason to tie those in with the lattitudes program.

first rationale comment I have seen.

Number of days might mean something, no matter what you paid. Gives a bit more weight to those with longer cruises, and still rewards frequent cruisers.

Still, in the end, the value or perks are not going to be high.

I agree that the number of days should be counted instead of the number of cruises.

The cruisers who book the higher category cabins are rewarded by the product and amenities , and the gamblers are rewarded by the CAS perks, so there is no reason to tie those in with the lattitudes program.

Oh....you couldn't be more wrong on this one. :rolleyes:

Loyalty programs, like Latitudes, are designed to reward people for making the "choice"...not for what that they choose specifically.

To illustrate, lets look at 2 fictional people: Mr A and Mr B

Mr A has cruised with NCL for a total of 40 days. Mr A has taken four 10-day cruises in the past 10 years.

Mr B has cruised with NCL for a total of 40 days. Mr B has taken ten 4-day cruises....1 each year for the past 10 years.

Mr A has had to make the decision on where to spend his vacation 10 times over the last 10 years. In 40% of the instances, Mr A has choosen NCL.

Mr B has had to make the decision on where to spend his vacation 10 times over the last 10 years. In 100% of the instances, Mr B has choosen NCL.

Which customer is more loyal?

Now if you really want a surprise...look at the typical cost per day/per passenger for a typical 10 day cruise and compare that to the typical cost per day/per passenger for a 4 day cruise and figure out which of these two actually spent more for their cruise. (And yes...you have to compare identical cabin categories)

i wouldn't spend 2-4 k more on a suite just to get $100 in perks but if they had a threshold above platnium, I would try and achieve it.

Seems to be that the "problem" with the current system is that there is no level above platinum. So if they were to add a new level above platinum, don't you think we'd be right back where we are now hearing the same tired arguments once people started to achieve THAT new level?

I should never cruise more on NCL just to reach a higher level but once you reach Platinum, you do get some nice perks. I agree that they should add one more level with better perks.

As Platinum you get priority tender tickets, a free dinner at Le Bistro (I think that wine is included, right?) and if the cruise is booked in Europe you also get a $150 onboard credit ($300 if you book a suite) and I don't think that's too bad.

I should never cruise more on NCL just to reach a higher level but once you reach Platinum, you do get some nice perks. I agree that they should add one more level with better perks.

As Platinum you get priority tender tickets, a free dinner at Le Bistro (I think that wine is included, right?) and if the cruise is booked in Europe you also get a $150 onboard credit ($300 if you book a suite) and I don't think that's too bad.

Since when did they put the obc into effect for Europe? We are booked for two cruises and there was no mention from our PCC.

• 1 year later...

Archived