Epic Club Dining Question

micheleg

Does anyone know if family members that aren't staying in a Suite can join Suite passengers for dinner in the Epic club. And/or if you are VIP listed but not in a Suite can you dine in the Epic club like you could at Cagney's for Breakfast and Lunch on the Jewel class ships?

Just wanting to know since we're in a suite but our elderly parents are not.

Thanks!

The answer to that was a definite "no" on the TA. I ran into folks who are definitely VIP's (40+ cruises with NCL), but ended up in a balcony cabin as the suites were sold out when they booked. Even though they know the right people to ask, they were not given access to the Epic Club or Courtyard.

My guess is that this is due to the fact that you can't have access to the Epic Club without getting access to the CY and people paid a hefty price for that access.

Of course this could be different on subsequent cruises, but that was what I witnessed.

Had a feeling about the VIP's, but I'm wondering if they'll let my parents join us for dinner up there. Anyone suite pax back from the 7/10 cruise...if you have info..it would be most appreciated!

If you scroll through some old postings, you will find this is a very hot topic.

For example, can you bring your parents with you. And by the way, your two adult kids are in an inside, can they join as well. Oh yea, they have their spouses with them. Can they join as well. Oh yea, Gram has her 90 year old sister with her. And her caretaker is with her. Can she join as well.

Where do you draw the line? Is it fair to have all those extra people in Cagney's or the Epic Club that did not pay the big money like the other people did?

How many suites are there on Epic?

How many people? I thought I read 350, or was it 450? Imagine if even half of those people had family in other cabins that they wanted to be accommodated in the Epic club.....:eek:

Yeah..this is all understood..but I've also read in posts that the Epic Club was pretty much empty on most nights and that's why instead of speculation, I just wanted an answer from a Suite passenger that might have the difinitive answer.

Lunch and Breakfast weren't even in this equation as far as my parents are concerned, as they are on totally different schedules then us.

We don't break the rules...if they can't join us...they won't or we won't eat up in the Epic Club for dinner without them, unless we really want some alone time.

How many suites are there on Epic?

How many people? I thought I read 350, or was it 450? Imagine if even half of those people had family in other cabins that they wanted to be accommodated in the Epic club.....:eek:

Max capacity needs full 6ax villas to start with,

deck 16, 17

Villa (46*6 = 276)

Owners suites 8 suites max 4ax=32

add in the penthouses and spa suites to get the total.

Does anyone know if family members that aren't staying in a Suite can join Suite passengers for dinner in the Epic club. And/or if you are VIP listed but not in a Suite can you dine in the Epic club like you could at Cagney's for Breakfast and Lunch on the Jewel class ships?

Just wanting to know since we're in a suite but our elderly parents are not.

Thanks!

I was in the CY on the TA--the Epic Club is not a particularly large venue. It's probably not big enough to be able to comfortably hold non-suite family members once the Courtyard capacity is at 100% (which it was not on the TA due to some villas not being completed yet). At less than 100% capacity, it was never packed in there, but it was never empty or close to empty either, when we dined there. However, there was never a wait either (except once for 5 minutes or less)--if there had been, we would have felt a little frustrated and gone elsewhere. Which is probably not how they want the suite guests to feel.

I'm thinking on a normal cruise, the answer will be "no" to bringing your parents, based on general capacity and therefore fairness to the suite passengers. But it will be up to the Concierges in the Courtyard, also.

I would say don't count on it, but you never know. Occasionally, in special circumstances a family member or 2 might be allowed. If it doesn't seem crowded when you guys go, it can't hurt to ask one of the Concierges. Worst thing can happen, he/she will say no.

No offense, but if we were traveling with family members and we wanted to dine together, we wouldn't book a suite....or if we did, we would just plan on NOT eating at the Epic Club whenever we wanted to be with our family members....or we would book a Courtyard Villa that sleeps 6 and we'd all use the Courtyard.

If you want to be with your parents, just book a balcony, or share a CV with them. There--problem solved!

No offense, but if we were traveling with family members and we wanted to dine together, we wouldn't book a suite....or if we did, we would just plan on NOT eating at the Epic Club whenever we wanted to be with our family members....or we would book a Courtyard Villa that sleeps 6 and we'd all use the Courtyard.

If you want to be with your parents, just book a balcony, or share a CV with them. There--problem solved!

Guess that's good for you...but that doesn't work for us. We always sail in a suite and typically my parents do as well, but there were no suites available when they booked. Sorry...but we don't share cabins with our parents. They're in their 80's and we're in our late 40's-50's. I haven't lived at home since high school, and those things don't change once we're onboard. :eek:

I should've known better to post this question...it's really not as big a deal. We have specialty restaurants booked for 5 of the 7 nights that we do want to dine together. The other 2 nights we'll probably want a break anyway...

Thanks to all that gave the non-snarky responses.

Guess that's good for you...but that doesn't work for us. We always sail in a suite and typically my parents do as well, but there were no suites available when they booked. Sorry...but we don't share cabins with our parents. They're in their 80's and we're in our late 40's-50's. I haven't lived at home since high school, and those things don't change once we're onboard. :eek:

I should've known better to post this question...it's really not as big a deal. We have specialty restaurants booked for 5 of the 7 nights that we do want to dine together. The other 2 nights we'll probably want a break anyway...

Thanks to all that gave the non-snarky responses.

As a few others have posted, does not hurt to ask...

Archived