Grand Suite Questions

Just wondering if someone can tell me about the closet and storage space in a GS on Serenade. Are the mirrored doors near the island/bar all full closets and is there storage on each side of the mirror at the vanity? This is my first GS and I am thinking that I might just not need to bring the Shoe Bag for extra storage. LOL.

Also a few years ago we met a couple that had a GS and I seem to remember them having liquor on the bar. Is this something that RCCL used to supply in the suites?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering if someone can tell me about the closet and storage space in a GS on Serenade. Are the mirrored doors near the island/bar all full closets and is there storage on each side of the mirror at the vanity? This is my first GS and I am thinking that I might just not need to bring the Shoe Bag for extra storage. LOL.

Also a few years ago we met a couple that had a GS and I seem to remember them having liquor on the bar. Is this something that RCCL used to supply in the suites?

Regarding liquor........if it was many years ago, then yes, you could purchase liquor and have it in your cabin. Unfortunately, that is no longer allowed.

Closets........there are as many as you can see on the 360 degree Senerande Grand Suite panorama. Below the bar, there is plenty of storage space......but more importantly, as we leave all of that for our liquid refreshments.....cola, etc.:D On the bar, opposite of the closet are many drawers......where my DW places all of my clothes....so that she can have all of the drawers in the bedroom, at her dresser for her clothes.

And we have never come close to using every drawer available. There is plenty of room for storage in a GS.:)

Rick

There's plenty of storage, although it can be a little awkward for 2 people to maneuver behind the bar at the same time. There are drawers in the vanity by the bed as well as opposite the closet in the bar area. I'd leave the shoe bag at home (have never used one, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask about that, LOL).

And RCI no longer supplies liquor in any cabin, except perhaps a bottle of wine on ships that don't have a Concierge Lounge. They give you all the glasses you need for wine, martinis, champagne and mixed drinks. Just nothing to put in them.:(

You can definitely leave the hanging shoe bag at home when you cruise in a GS. Plenty of storage all over the cabin. :)

Just be sure to check behind all of the mirrored cabinets on the vanity before you leave. You don't want to forget some of your stuff.............like us. :(

The only problem is with the closets, one of them has an area that is taken up by life jackets and such. But for two people there is still enough room for hanging clothes. The long gowns space is the space that is a bit limited, and how many long gowns can you have.

No liguor, the bar is a discussion piece, so you can discuss days long gone by when the bar was actually used for the purpose intended...now it just holds draws, and is a nice flat mable surface you can lay on if your back hurts:D

You have plenty of storage space and the cabin is laid out well.

There's only one problem, once you book a GS you're hooked....:)

What suite are you in?

Enjoy your cruise!

You have plenty of storage space and the cabin is laid out well.

There's only one problem, once you book a GS you're hooked....:)

What suite are you in?

Enjoy your cruise!

I am booked in 1036. I figured that I would grab that one and wait to see if another opens up as I get closer to sailing. The only drawbacks that I can find on these boards is that the window washer ladder is nearby. Not really concerned about it though.

We are traveling with 3 other couples and I guess my cabin will be the meeting place for our group.

We were on Explorer this May I took pics of the GS. I am sure they are all pretty much the same on this class. Here is the page : http://www.*****/ Our room was 1556, I pretty much have all the space covered.

Sharon

Hi.. we're traveling on Explorer in December in GS.... was the TV flat screen? how large?

The only problem is with the closets, one of them has an area that is taken up by life jackets and such. But for two people there is still enough room for hanging clothes. The long gowns space is the space that is a bit limited, and how many long gowns can you have.

No liquor, the bar is a discussion piece, so you can discuss days long gone by when the bar was actually used for the purpose intended...now it just holds drawers, and is a nice flat marble surface you can lie on if your back hurts.:D

You can put the lifejackets under the bed, if you like. :)

Rarebird, ours was not a flat screen and it was not very big. But depending on the suite you have, some are flat screens (hopefully they will update the one in our suite soon). Also, ours had the nice wicker furniture on the balcony. Some don't. We loved the suite infact we booked another cruise for March on the Explorer and got the same suite, lol.

Sharon

I am booked in 1036. I figured that I would grab that one and wait to see if another opens up as I get closer to sailing. The only drawbacks that I can find on these boards is that the window washer ladder is nearby. Not really concerned about it though.

We are traveling with 3 other couples and I guess my cabin will be the meeting place for our group.

We're in 1048....but not until March

redhead-The amenity is only for Diamond +. I don't wait for them to call me, tho' on our first D+ cruise they did call. I contact the D+ desk about 2 weeks prior to cruise date. Suites do get a large bottle of complimentary water.

My DH and I had GS #1554 on Serenade two years ago to Alaska...absolutely a wonderful suite and it's right across from the CL..It's the only suite on the ship that has floor to ceiling windows...try to get that one..you'll love it.

Well then I guess that I will be looking forward to the free water then LOL

You can go online and order champagne or wine to be in your cabin, for the day of sailing. As long as you are staying in a suite......you might as well have a bit of bubbly or a glass of wine......to toast each other as you sail away!

Enjoy your cabin........and cruise! We love the GS's and they certainly are saving our pocketbook........from the OS's that we became used to.....before the economy fell apart.:rolleyes:

Rick

I was in the Grand Suite on the Independence and there were no outlets on each side of the bed. There was one outlet in the vanity area near the one side of the bed... you can bring extension cords and three way plug ins... which is what I do to re charge my phone, ipod and plug in my flat iron...

Rarebird, ours was not a flat screen and it was not very big. But depending on the suite you have, some are flat screens (hopefully they will update the one in our suite soon). Also, ours had the nice wicker furniture on the balcony. Some don't. We loved the suite infact we booked another cruise for March on the Explorer and got the same suite, lol.

Sharon

Thanks so much for the info. I don't think we'll mind a regular vs flat screen tv, I really wanted the grand suite for the size and comfort. I think I would prefer nice wicker furniture instead! :)

My DH and I had GS #1554 on Serenade two years ago to Alaska...absolutely a wonderful suite and it's right across from the CL..It's the only suite on the ship that has floor to ceiling windows...try to get that one..you'll love it.

I thought all the GS cabins had floor to ceiling windows.:confused:

Archived