ES Cancellation Policy

sippican

Were they after final payment? For any person, not just those booked ES, that would be the penalty.

Oh and I've canceled an ES booking, and no, I absolutely did not lose our deposits. Just had to pay $50/person "admnistration fee".

They canceled prior to final payment.

If you paid for his deposit, you can complete a form so the rest of the money (deposit minus $50) is held in your name

Thank you, will i have to get my TA to do this as she is in Florida and im in the UK?

Thank you, will i have to get my TA to do this as she is in Florida and im in the UK?

I would ask your TA to do it, if you paid the deposit for your friend.

Hopefully, you since you used a U.S. TA you arent going to run into non refundable deposits UK rules.

ES is a pretty good way to go for those in the UK, isnt it.

I believe if you book with a UK TA the deposit is non refundable for all bookings. So if you can get a TA in the states, its worth the risk, to get a lower rate down the line.

The key thing to remember about booking ES is that the deposit is non-refundable. Once you send it in, it's spend. Gone forever. You cannot get it back under any circumstances (though people often cook up creative ways to try!)

So, after you have made the decision to spend the money in exchange for the ES rate, it is just a matter of deciding when to cruise.

You would hope that, if a person thought they were going to be able to doa cruise when they spent the deposit, that circumstances would not change so much that they could not cruise for two years... that's a long time. Plenty of time to accrue vacation, and plenty of time to save up money.

Of course, major setbacks like health problems or extended unemployment can happen, and that is part of the risk of ES. For me personally, it is too great a risk, considering the many other ways to get rates similar to ES without the restrictions (group cruises, sales, etc.)

Very well put. We have never cancelled a cruise as once we book, we go. Now I know things can come up that may prevent but your point is very well taken.

One thing that ES did was make me shop a cruise between a few other lines I like. If I ignored the ES rate, the CCL rates made the other line's rates more competitive. I did go ES this time but may not in the future.

Well that's what Carnival told her so whoever she spoke with at Carnival was misimformed.

I think your TA should call CCL back and talk to someone else if that couple canceled before the final payment.

I've canceled an ES booking before final payment and only lost $50pp.

Bill

Hi everyone, thanks for all your advice.

I e mailed my TA and she apologised for not catching this, she has emailed me a form which i have to fill out and get notorised? Then i have to e mail it back to her and i will have future cruise credit.

I assume i have to see a solicitor for that? Wish i knew one personally !!!

Hi everyone, thanks for all your advice.

I e mailed my TA and she apologised for not catching this, she has emailed me a form which i have to fill out and get notorised? Then i have to e mail it back to her and i will have future cruise credit.

I assume i have to see a solicitor for that? Wish i knew one personally !!!

I got mine notarized in my bank. Call you bank as not every branch has a notary, but many do. FREE at most banks.

this is pretty straightforward stuff, so there shouldn't be a problem. If they cancelled and did not re-book another cruise at that time, then Carnival should be mailing them a Future Cruise Credit. Post if there are complications???? ken

Spoke with travel agent. She checked further into it and was told they did have $200 p/p future credit. She also told me since I paid it that Carnival would give me the credit if I got a release from the couple I had booked. I asked her to check to see if it could be used for OBC. When she checked into that they then told her there was no future credit at all because they cancelled on the day penalties started. However they cancelled on 5/25 which was the same day as final payment was due. Now what?

Spoke with travel agent. She checked further into it and was told they did have $200 p/p future credit. She also told me since I paid it that Carnival would give me the credit if I got a release from the couple I had booked. I asked her to check to see if it could be used for OBC. When she checked into that they then told her there was no future credit at all because they cancelled on the day penalties started. However they cancelled on 5/25 which was the same day as final payment was due. Now what?

You must use it for another cruise within 2 years (cannot be applied to a cruise that is already booked)

One thing that ES did was make me shop a cruise between a few other lines I like. If I ignored the ES rate, the CCL rates made the other line's rates more competitive. I did go ES this time but may not in the future.

That's probably the biggest reason Carnival has the ES rates. To lock you in to their company and prevent the price shopping with other lines once you spend the deposit.

It's really smart to look around at all the offerings before you book. And even after you book, if the deposit is refundable then people may want to change to another line.

But each time I have booked, it has been after careful research, and that cruise was the one I wanted, so I really was not interested in looking around after that, unless the competition had the exact same cruise.

Once you buy non-refundable airfare, that pretty much locks in the date for us. I know you can pay penalties and change, but the penalties are so high that is really not feasible many times.

That's probably the biggest reason Carnival has the ES rates. To lock you in to their company and prevent the price shopping with other lines once you spend the deposit.

Yep! Cause they know other cruiselines have sales periodically.......

People think they are getting the best deal with ES......in reality they are not getting the choice to find a better deal:D

Way to many cancellation stories on here.......way too many restrictions with ES........there are always great deals out there......comparable or better when you have the option to shop around....

Yep! Cause they know other cruiselines have sales periodically.......

People think they are getting the best deal with ES......in reality they are not getting the choice to find a better deal:D

Way to many cancellation stories on here.......way too many restrictions with ES........there are always great deals out there......comparable or better when you have the option to shop around....

But when you cruise with people who will ONLY sail Carnival (no ifs, ands, or buts about it) I think ES is a pretty good option.

It was cancelled on the same day as final was due. Carnival is saying that the penalties started that day. Is that right?

these are the cancellation penalties:

75 to 46 days - deposit

45 to 30 days - 50% of fare

29 to 15 days - 75% of fare

14 days or less - 100% of total fare

so if you cancelled with 75 days to go you would lose the whole deposit.

Bill

these are the cancellation penalties:

75 to 46 days - deposit

45 to 30 days - 50% of fare

29 to 15 days - 75% of fare

14 days or less - 100% of total fare

so if you cancelled with 75 days to go you would lose the whole deposit.

Bill

OK I think I see why we lose the $250 p/p deposit. We cancelled May 25th same day as final was due. Cruise is Aug 8th. If I count correctly that is 75 days.

You are so right. That's what makes me so afraid to book with a TA. Ive been with my PPV at CCL for 7 years now and she has never let me down. !!!

There are a lot of PVP's that also have no clue since there has been plenty of confusion with the ES rates and associated circumstances. I don't think you can just put it on TA's - it's the program that needs to be looked at.

The ES cancellation is subject to their normal cancellation policy. I think that is where a lot if misinformation comes from.

Archived