ES Cancellation Policy

sippican

Doesn't make sense to me-

I called to cancel our booking for September 2011. I knew about the

$50pp penalty, and that the remainder of the deposit would remain on credit toward a future cruise. What I did not know is that the 24 month timeframe begins the day you cancel.

Sooo .... we have until June 5th 2011 to cancel (thereby extending the timeframe to rebook by almost an entire year).

Somebody's going to be real happy to get that aft wrap of ours four months prior to sailing!!!

$50pp penalty, and that the remainder of the deposit would remain on credit toward a future cruise. What I did not know is that the 24 month timeframe begins the day you cancel.

Sooo .... we have until June 5th 2011 to cancel (thereby extending the timeframe to rebook by almost an entire year).

Somebody's going to be real happy to get that aft wrap of ours four months prior to sailing!!!

We have gone back and forth about the same thing for our upcoming cruise in Jan2011. So, I figured we will wait until right before final payment to make a firm decision. There is no benefit to cancelling early. You're better off waiting until right before final payment and "extending" the two years as long as possible.

It was either 12 or 18 months when the program first rolled out Jan of 09. Now its 2 years, which is a fair amount of time to book another cruise. As I understand it you just have to book a cruise not take it, so that cruise could be in 2013.

Im wondering if Carnival is really that stringent with the time frame. While it wouldnt be a shock if they were, it also wouldnt surprise me if there was leeway in those dates.

It was either 12 or 18 months when the program first rolled out Jan of 09. Now its 2 years, which is a fair amount of time to book another cruise. As I understand it you just have to book a cruise not take it, so that cruise could be in 2013.

Im wondering if Carnival is really that stringent with the time frame. While it wouldnt be a shock if they were, it also wouldnt surprise me if there was leeway in those dates.

The rep did say you have 24 months to sail, but in my dealings with Carnival over the phone, I know you sometimes get different answers.

Has anyone actually canceled? Do they issue a written confirmation?

When I tried to do it online - it stated "no refund" (and nothing about the credits).

The rep did say you have 24 months to sail, but in my dealings with Carnival over the phone, I know you sometimes get different answers.

Has anyone actually canceled? Do they issue a written confirmation?

When I tried to do it online - it stated "no refund" (and nothing about the credits).

Im sure they have to give a standard response re:time frame

The program hasnt been around long enough for anyone to know if they will keep your $$$ if you dont book a cruise.

I canceled, but then re-booked about a week or so later. So not sure what they send you.

Where are you cruising from?...can you give me the heads up b4 you cancel...lol. ;)

I believe you have to sail within 2 years, not just book.

And I would bet that Carnival IS strict about the dates.

From what I understand you lose you $250.00 pp deposit. There is no refund toward future cruise. That is the penalty for ES. We had a couple cancel in our group that was booked ES and the TA said they lose the full deposit. No if's and's or but's about it.

No, you only lose a $50 per person "administration fee". I cancelled my September 2010 Dream cruise just about a month ago and was only assessed a 50.00 pp fee and everything else I had paid, including my full 250.00 pp deposit, was held for me.

From what I understand you lose you $250.00 pp deposit. There is no refund toward future cruise. That is the penalty for ES. We had a couple cancel in our group that was booked ES and the TA said they lose the full deposit. No if's and's or but's about it.

Another misinformed TA

I believe you have to sail within 2 years, not just book.

You could be right, but the ES FAQ for TA is kinda vague.

Q15. Will we protect commission for the non-refundable deposit?

A15. In the unlikely event your client needs to make a change to their reservation and is unable to immediately decide on their future travel date, we will hold their deposit in house for up to 24 months, less the $50 service fee. When your client uses the credit to rebook with your agency, full commission will be paid on the new reservation.

If you are booked ES:

If you cancel prior to final payment you are charged $50 pp cancellation penalty and the balance goes toward the cruise that you re-schedule.

If you cancel after final payment, then the cancellation penalties listed in the cruise contract apply, and increase the closer you are to sailaway, from Deposit Amount to 100% of Cruisefare.

ken

If you are booked ES:

If you cancel prior to final payment you are charged $50 pp cancellation penalty and the balance goes toward the cruise that you re-schedule.

If you cancel after final payment, then the cancellation penalties listed in the cruise contract apply, and increase the closer you are to sailaway, from Deposit Amount to 100% of Cruisefare.

ken

I guess the couple in my group should have $200 pp in a future cruise coming to them then. I'll have to have TA get this straightened out.

I guess the couple in my group should have $200 pp in a future cruise coming to them then. I'll have to have TA get this straightened out.

this is pretty straightforward stuff, so there shouldn't be a problem. If they cancelled and did not re-book another cruise at that time, then Carnival should be mailing them a Future Cruise Credit. Post if there are complications???? ken

I have an ES cruise booked on Magic for 2011 but we have decided to do an Italian land vacation instead. When I cancel this booking for Magic can I use the deposit(minus the 50pp) for a cruise I already have booked or does it need to be a new booking?

Not sure where you got that one unless they cancelled 14 days from the cruise or the final payment date which kicks in the standard cancellation fees.

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

See: http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84

Well that's what Carnival told her so whoever she spoke with at Carnival was misimformed.

Were they after final payment? For any person, not just those booked ES, that would be the penalty.

Oh and I've canceled an ES booking, and no, I absolutely did not lose our deposits. Just had to pay $50/person "admnistration fee".

I have an ES cruise booked on Magic for 2011 but we have decided to do an Italian land vacation instead. When I cancel this booking for Magic can I use the deposit(minus the 50pp) for a cruise I already have booked or does it need to be a new booking?

New Booking. ken

Hi guys can you confirm this for me?

I booked Es for myself my partner, 2 sons and sons partner. I paid $250 each deposit.

Just before final payment i had to remove my partner from the booking as we were no longer together.

My TA removed him and told me that the $250 deposit i had paid for him was forfeit and moved my son into 2nd passenger rate. So i lost the $250.

Now im hearing this may not be correct? Or am i misunderstanding?

This is my first cruise and my TA advised ES rate .

Thank you

If they canceled prior to the penalty phase with Carnival then they only lose the $50pp deposit. If your TA is telling them they lose it all then your TA either doesn't understand the program, they are within the penalty phase with Carnival or the TA isn't being honest (although I don't think the money would go to the TA anyway). It's supposed to be held in the name of the persons on the reservation.

The key thing to remember about booking ES is that the deposit is non-refundable. Once you send it in, it's spend. Gone forever. You cannot get it back under any circumstances (though people often cook up creative ways to try!)

So, after you have made the decision to spend the money in exchange for the ES rate, it is just a matter of deciding when to cruise.

You would hope that, if a person thought they were going to be able to doa cruise when they spent the deposit, that circumstances would not change so much that they could not cruise for two years... that's a long time. Plenty of time to accrue vacation, and plenty of time to save up money.

Of course, major setbacks like health problems or extended unemployment can happen, and that is part of the risk of ES. For me personally, it is too great a risk, considering the many other ways to get rates similar to ES without the restrictions (group cruises, sales, etc.)

Hi guys can you confirm this for me?

I booked Es for myself my partner, 2 sons and sons partner. I paid $250 each deposit.

Just before final payment i had to remove my partner from the booking as we were no longer together.

My TA removed him and told me that the $250 deposit i had paid for him was forfeit and moved my son into 2nd passenger rate. So i lost the $250.

Now im hearing this may not be correct? Or am i misunderstanding?

This is my first cruise and my TA advised ES rate .

Thank you

If you paid for his deposit, you can complete a form so the rest of the money (deposit minus $50) is held in your name

Archived