Give the people from Puerto Rico a break!!!

lmmn

I have heard so many negative comments about too many Puerto Rican people on board and their rude behavior. I just got back from the AOS, and unless you are looking for something to complain about, you would not even notice. If there is any one person or group that bothers you, you should simply move on!

I only cruised out of San Juan once, about three years ago. I have no idea what others have been complaining about--we had a great time! On the other hand, when I sailed out of Bayonne in August, there were all these people from New Jersey on board. Yikes! ;)

I was on the AOS last July and I wasn't bothered one bit with "locals".

As a matter of fact, I didn't realize just how many locals were on the ship until the 2nd formal night (which is day #5). There was a group of girls celebrating their quincenienta (sp?). They were all dressed in their formal white gowns and came into the dining room and stood on the stairway for a group photo. There must have been about 100 of them. The whole dining room sang happy birthday to them. If you factor into that, 2 parents for each girl, plus more family members, I would imagine there must have been close to 1,000 locals on this sailing. Did I notice them? Not at all.

Some say that the ship catered to them, i.e. music. But, actually, I enjoyed the latin themed music in ONE of the lounges. Throughout the week, my nephew's wife and I spent many hours there wishing we knew how to salsa dance.

I truly do not know what all the fuss is about the locals on the cruises out of San Juan. Maybe I was lucky and all the well-mannered locals were on my sailing.

I will be on the AOS 2/27 sailing and I chose this cruise HOPING to find a Latin American theme. It does leave from Puerto Rico, I would expect it. Do you hear Italian music in Italy, do they speak Italian? YES! Stay home if you want everything to feel just like home!

In my experience, there are two kinds of people. Good and bad. This transcends all other considerations of residence, economic stratum, race, gender, religion, politics, sexual orientation - you pick the variable. It is so tempting to lump people together, but so completely unfair. The stereotypes (being a New Yorker the "pushy" characterization tends to get old) do us all an injustice. No matter what a group is supposedly known for - good or bad qualities included - I've met enough people who were the opposite to disabuse me of the notion that the characterization is valid. Just.MHO.

Oh my, how true about the "north eastern" factor...I would not take a cruise out of there even if you gave it to me!!!

You want pushy and noisy, get yourself near a group from "Joisy", or worse yet, Condo Commandos from Florida!!:) :)

Yikes indeed

You didn't mention where you are from. Does your cow pasture have a zip code.......

You didn't mention where you are from. Does your cow pasture have a zip code.......

LOL:D :D :D

I thought New Jersey was considered Mid-Atlantic.

However, I could see where it looks like it is north east.

So, Zelda, do tell, where are you from?

It's the Pan American pier. And leave New JERSEY alone!!! Some of us love it here!! And some of us are nice!!! I think we are Northeast. But contrary to what many think, we are NOT a suburb of Philadelphia, nor are we a suburb of New York!

Don't worry about it -- I think they're just jealous.:p

Originally from New Jersey, now living in Florida -- Zelda, you'd really love me, wouldn't you?

By the way, what are Condo Commandos? I think I know what you mean, but why don't YOU tell everyone?

Somebody is going to take this wrong and I will be flamed big time but here goes anyway.

I love all people red, yellow,black, white we are all precious in HIS sight.

We sailed for the first time on Carnival this past fall on Carnival Holiday out of Mobile, AL. We are from Northern WI. My husband & I were a definite minority on this ship. We had a great time. We got to meet amazing people from the south. We were from the same country but so different in where we live and how we live. I don't care if you are from Mobile, AL or San Juan PR getting to know people who are from different areas is a blast. Trying to explain a snow storm to some ladies that just lived through a hurricane. It was really interesting. My point is the cruise where you sail from can really be a neat experience.

A couple years ago on the Naviagator we had a Belgium family at our dinner table. Mom, dad and 2 kids. One kid could speak english -that is it. Other people were uncomfortable and changed tables but my family stayed with this family. The poor kid that could speak english translated the whole time and it was a great experience.

Yes, give the people from PR a break. All this being said this is what I am going to do - I am taking my laptop and I will report LIVE from the AOS. We sail March 6th. This is my 7th RCI cruise - 1st out of san Juan. I will give it to you honestly.

Please note I am not out to offend anyone so please don't be offended by anything I have said.

Archived