Your Exciting Deals for Tuesday:

C 2 C

How far out do the Tuesday specials usually go? I'm waiting for a good deal of Solstice for November 21. There seems to be quite a bit of availability for this cruise so I've been waiting for a good price drop. Final payment is due on September 7. If there is still ample availability how much after final payment should the prices start to fluctuate?

I would love to see something on the Nov 17th Eclipse, but it's only 3 nights so maybe will not be included.

How far out do the Tuesday specials usually go? I'm waiting for a good deal of Solstice for November 21. There seems to be quite a bit of availability for this cruise so I've been waiting for a good price drop. Final payment is due on September 7. If there is still ample availability how much after final payment should the prices start to fluctuate?

Just noticed that Holiday sailings are already on offer under "Specials" on the X website..there are 20 to choose from, including Solstice Nov 21. Haven't been watching the pricing on this sailing but verandas starting at $799 seems a good price to me, one that likely will not be much lower IF this sailing ends up on EXciting Deals. After final payment one can usually expect other "special situation" pricing (senior, resident, etc) but this is the standard rate now.

I have seen a three day cruise before on Exciting Deals, but X has many other ways to fill a ship...comp. TAs, offer a corporate outing, special pricing to a big producer,etc..so no guarantee a sailing with inventory left will end up on Tuesday specials.

I have seen a three day cruise before on Exciting Deals, but X has many other ways to fill a ship...comp. TAs, offer a corporate outing, special pricing to a big producer,etc..so no guarantee a sailing with inventory left will end up on Tuesday specials.

Thanks for the info.

I booked one of the "exciting deals" last week and it was several hundred $'s less than any res., sr. or military rate being offered at the time. I have had my eye on several options but with the change in price adjustment policy just decided to wait the buggers out. Perhaps I should have waited another week or two(LOL) but I got a decent fare and will be one happy cruiser in a few weeks.

I booked one of the "exciting deals" last week and it was several hundred $'s less than any res., sr. or military rate being offered at the time. I have had my eye on several options but with the change in price adjustment policy just decided to wait the buggers out. Perhaps I should have waited another week or two(LOL) but I got a decent fare and will be one happy cruiser in a few weeks.

What exactly is the new policy? I know they are not giving refunds after the final payment date (I never understood that), but then it was suppose to be OBC's. Is the change now that the price you pay by final payment date is just final? Is it 60 or 90 days on the majority of voyages (2 nights to 14 nights)?

What exactly is the new policy? I know they are not giving refunds after the final payment date (I never understood that), but then it was suppose to be OBC's. Is the change now that the price you pay by final payment date is just final? Is it 60 or 90 days on the majority of voyages (2 nights to 14 nights)?

Best to go to the source for details, there are so many payment and refund date changes...On X website, click "Before your Cruise", and go to "Payments and Gratuities" and also under FAQs, click "Pricing/Availability" for the Best Price Guarantee info.

Congrats to Zebra36..there have been some great fall eXciting deals these past few weeks if flexible like you. Waiting in hopes a specific holiday sailing will show up can be a bit riskier.

Best to go to the source for details, there are so many payment and refund date changes...On X website, click "Before your Cruise", and go to "Payments and Gratuities" and also under FAQs, click "Pricing/Availability" for the Best Price Guarantee info.

Congrats to Zebra36..there have been some great fall eXciting deals these past few weeks if flexible like you. Waiting in hopes a specific holiday sailing will show up can be a bit riskier.

Thanks.

spacer.gif

Refunds and Cancellations

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

Cruise Length Days to Departure Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Nights

60 + No Charges

59-43 Deposit Amount

42-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

6 Nights or longer

75 + No Charges

74-57 Deposit Amount

56-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

Cruisetours***

75+ No Charges

74-57 Deposit Amount

56-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

Jade,

Just a note that the chart continues on further for holiday sailings with the usual longer payments schedules. 90 days for Christmas/NY sailings which means the Christmas sailings' full payment date will be within a few weeks.

Jade,

Just a note that the chart continues on further for holiday sailings with the usual longer payments schedules. 90 days for Christmas/NY sailings which means the Christmas sailings' full payment date will be within a few weeks.

Yes, I am aware of that. We never travel during these holidays.

Perhaps a different type of sale for the next week on the X website now:

spacer.gif

One week only | Companion fare offer

spacer.gif

What's better than traveling with your favorite companion? Taking advantage of an extraordinary companion fare offer on new bookings to the Caribbean, Europe and the Panama Canal. Book your stateroom and bring along someone special for half price. Celebrity Cruises has perfected the art of cruise vacations so you'll experience the world’s greatest destinations in the most amazing way. Enjoy stunning ships, spectacular itineraries and superlative service on select sailings through April 2011. Must book September 10-17, 2010*. View itineraries then call our Certified Vacation Planner at 1-800-647-2251 or your Travel Agent to book.

I'll be cruising for the next two weeks so a post from the ship is doubtful.

Bon Voyage Arno. Have a great time on Summit.

I would try to post the X-citing Deals while you are out, but I'm not sure I know how to get those PDF's into the post.

Anne Maria

Thanks Anne Maria: I'm returning to NJ to see if the weather is a little warmer this year than last. If you just list the ships with deals that should be enough. There might not be one next week as a result of the 1+1/2 sale.

Thank you, Arno! I wondered why the Tuesday deals weren't posted this morning..but didn't dig deeper. This link is now right on the Celebrity home page..lists all sailings offered:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/specials/viewPromoTypeDetails.do;jsessionid=0000PBW2aNproJp1CYEIM1EkWI3:12hdbcveb?promoType=57&CID=CEL_10Q3_SeptemberCompanion

Thanks Anne Maria: I'm returning to NJ to see if the weather is a little warmer this year than last. If you just list the ships with deals that should be enough. There might not be one next week as a result of the 1+1/2 sale.

Arno, you were correct, there are no Xciting Deals for Tuesday, September 14th.

The message on the Xciting Deals PDF for this week is:

There is no Exciting Deals offer this week. Please check back next week.

Arno, you were correct, there are no Xciting Deals for Tuesday, September 14th.

The message on the Xciting Deals PDF for this week is:

There is no Exciting Deals offer this week. Please check back next week.

Nice that Celebrity has a 8MB download just to tell you there are no deals :)

Perhaps Elena goes to sleep late! Was it around 2 am at your house when you posted, Elena? Sounds like a nice advantage of living on the west coast, sometimes.

On the other hand, she'd have to be up at 6 am on Tues. to try to be first booking the specials!

Thanks for posting, Elena.

--May

Elena, you beat me to it. You must get up awfully early.

Thanks for posting the specials.

Anne Maria

Hi Anne Maria:

Actually, it was awfully late...it was 2:59 am Pacific time. My internet was malfunctioning, and for a couple of days, the only time I could post anything was from about 2:00 am to 3:00 am. So I was up late, trying to get some work done.

Turned out my modem was on its last legs and it finally died. I had a new, comprehensive system installed, but couldn't get Cruise Critic for three whole days as there were wiring issues. That was torture, but it's all better now! :D

It appears that I have a serious internet addiction. :p

Perhaps Elena goes to sleep late! Was it around 2 am at your house when you posted, Elena? Sounds like a nice advantage of living on the west coast, sometimes.

On the other hand, she'd have to be up at 6 am on Tues. to try to be first booking the specials!

Thanks for posting, Elena.

--May

Hi May:

I'm up late a lot, but sadly, am also up early a lot. I'm just generally sleep deprived ;).

And when I am booking those Xciting deals, you can be sure I have my coffee brewed and am ready at my desk, phone in hand at 5:55 am PST!!

Archived