Your Exciting Deals for Tuesday:

C 2 C

Your Exciting Deals for Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

Celebrity has started to email (this is my DW's third notification, I've never received an email addressed to me) their Tuesday deals a day early. This information is normally available on the Friday or sometimes even on the Thursday before the deals are published.

• 7-Night Southbound Alaska - Celebrity Millennium® starting from $449*† (9/10/10)

• 7-Night Northbound Alaska - Celebrity Millennium® starting from $449*† (9/3/10) (the order is X's not mine)

• 7-Night Western Mediterranean - Celebrity EquinoxSM starting from $599*† (9/2/10)

• 8-Night Northern Europe & Mediterranean - Celebrity Constellation® starting from $599*† (9/3/10) AMS~BCN

• Not mentioned: 16 night Infinity Panama sailing 9/24/10 with special balcony rates

If their is enough interest, I can post the deals weekly.

Log into your X account, Click Communication Preferences, and check "special deals on featured sailings". As noted the email usually does not have all the sailings, nor all the details as to classes, etc. You still have to look at the EXciting Deals page, which is posted early Friday morning, 3 days before this email arrives, to get that.

i see them on their website ...but dont know how to get them emailed to me

Log into your X account, Click Communication Preferences, and check "special deals on featured sailings". As noted the email usually does not have all the sailings, nor all the details as to classes, etc. You still have to look at the EXciting Deals page, which is posted early Friday morning, 3 days before this email arrives, to get that.

In my experience, the Exciting Deals page has been available on the Thursdays before the Tuesday of the actual sale. Not that that makes any difference as the sale is not available until the following Tuesday morning.

I have bookmarked the page for the Exciting Deals and look forward to seeing it every Thursday, even if I'm not actively looking for a cruise ('cause you know, if the deal is good enough.......) :p.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Arno,

It would be great if you would continue to post these. Indeed, it would be wonderful if the week's offerings could be posted as a "sticky"!:D

I think, because of our "permanent" address being outside the U.S. (doesn't mean that we don't have a U.S. mailing address:p), X will not send me these mails. I have requested to be on the mailing list several times. (And I often forget to look at the "deal" page in time for the Tuesday bargains.) Guess they only want me to book at full price ... and long in advance!:eek:

I wasn't terribly excited by this weeks offerings! :D

Me neither. Only one page, and one of the offers was available last week at a slightly higher rate.

Apparently, some of the rates on the current Exciting Deals are the same as rates offered with regular senior and residency discounts for some sailings (as posted on another thread this morning).

It pays to watch not only the Exciting Deals, but the regular Celebrity Website discounts for your residence/age group as well.

I have noticed that for the past month or so, the eXciting Sales have not been very exciting. For noe, there have been less offeringgs, & those that are offered are nor what you would call eye-popping. To me, that's an indication that sales are stronger, which, for the cruise lines is a good sign; not so good for us bargain hunters!

Celebrity has just put some nice senior and resident discounts on the 10/24 Summit repo and the following cruise out of San Juan. Since the repo is only 6 nights long there may not be as much interest as in past years when it was 10 or 11 nights. To extend the length of the cruise we booked a B2B. Depending on where you live, it may be worth looking into.

Sue

In my experience, the Exciting Deals page has been available on the Thursdays before the Tuesday of the actual sale. Not that that makes any difference as the sale is not available until the following Tuesday morning.

I have bookmarked the page for the Exciting Deals and look forward to seeing it every Thursday, even if I'm not actively looking for a cruise ('cause you know, if the deal is good enough.......) :p.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I was falsely lured by these emailed ads too. But I was able to secure a good deal on a Sunday. I had to cancel it because I could not transfer it to my travel agent in a timely manner (less than 3 weeks out). She was able to find me another "great" deal and booked it for me. It was an immediate sale requiring full payment. It was less than 14 hours and a "better" deal came along for $80 less. But since it was within 30 days and I had already made final purchase, I was not allowed this better rate. I wrote letter after letter, phone call after phone call. Bottom line: so sorry, but there is nothing we can do (no on board credit, no credit for future sailings, etc). This is my first time with Celebrity. I am hoping that the cruise itself is better than reservations.

Slim pickings this week:

Celebrity must have good bookings for this week because there are only two sailing to get Xcited about:

September 3, 2010 Constellation Repo Ams to BCN

IN $599 OV $699 2A $899 Suites $1,949

September 02, 2010 Equinox 7 night W. Mediterranean

In $599 OV N/A Balconies $899; Suites from $1,649

Slim pickings this week:

Celebrity must have good bookings for this week because there are only two sailing to get Xcited about:

September 3, 2010 Constellation Repo Ams to BCN

IN $599 OV $699 2A $899 Suites $1,949

September 02, 2010 Equinox 7 night W. Mediterranean

In $599 OV N/A Balconies $899; Suites from $1,649

Aren't these two of the same offerings from last week's Xciting Deals?

Yes the same, and at the exact same prices. Last week when they repeated the 9/3 Mille, one class had been sold out and the prices dropped further on others.

The Mille 9/10 was not repeated this week, yet Weds inventory showed they didn't sell much..still had about 105 cabins available. Not what I'd call good bookings, but maybe they found a group to fill in. I haven't been watching closely because decided to use Princess for Alaska's two glacier days and good last minute deals. But it will be interesting to see if X's new pricing works out. I'll be checking on Thursday nights from now on,..thanks, Elena.

This is the fourth week that the Equinox 9/2 sailing has been offered. Most classes have finally sold out and the only remaining verandas went up $100 from first 7/20 price. The Connie 9/3 has made repeat appearances too, and the CCs have gone up $100 from 7/20. So although sometimes prices drop further the longer a sailing has distressed inventory, don’t count on it. It may turn out the first time a sailing shows up on eXciting deals, it will offer the best price with the most inventory. Check senior or resident deals available after the final payment day too..may be just as good as these un-eXciting deals. The combination of a change in RCCL’s policy of matching price drops after final payment date, moving the final payment date five days earlier, and offering limited last minute deals seems more than a coincidence in timing.

Is there a certain time for these Tuesday specials to go into effect??

Is it midnight Florida time (EDT)?

Do Elite or other frequent cruisers get first dibs on these prices?

Thanks for all your input.

The time is at the top of the Exciting Deals picture.

Snooze you loose type of offer. Preference goes to the first callers.

The time is at the top of the Exciting Deals picture.

Snooze you loose type of offer. Preference goes to the first callers.

Thanks for the info. These sound like 2- alarm deals!!

Bad on me, I am breaking my number one rule of cruising. Never book another cruise until you have lost the weight you gained from the prior cruise.:p

Hi Arno, omg:confused:...they do have Galaxy listed for sailings from 2008:eek:

Wow! Michael J. Fox should be on one of those cruises with his Delaurian (sorry if spelling is incorrect - never had one of those cars!).

Are we going "Back to the Future"?

Thanks, Arno, for posting these weekly!

Agnes

Archived