Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I see that when you purchase the beverages packages - a 15% service charge is added. If you purchase the beverage package, do folks still tip for each drink on the ship - or is not the 15% service charge meant to cover the tip?

It is not necessary, nor expected , to tip for each drink as X have already added a 15% service charge to each package. When you get your drink the waiter usually gives a receipt which shows a total of $0.... 15% of $0 = $0 so even if you wanted to I don't think it's possible to add a tip!

We did however on occassion give a cash tip as the waitress in the dining room was great and kept the drinks (glasses of wine & water mostly) topped up during the dinner! The best bit of the beverage package was not having a big bill at the end of your holidays as we had purchased & paid for the package prior to the trip! :p:p:D

The only problem I had was in the Martini bar after I had ordered a martini, I asked the bar staff for a water & they basically told me I had to drink my Martini first before I could have water. This seemed odd to me so I went to the bar & asked for the water & it was no problem.

Sounds a little bit odd.

Maybe if you asked for a scotch and water then said hold the scotch :D you would have received it.

We will be getting premium packages for the next cruise. I understand there is a 15% service charge added. We have no problem with that, but in managing our OBCs, is the 15% added to the price of the package which we will buy next week or is it charged when we use the card 3 weeks from now. (i.e. the 15% ends up on your on board account.)

We will be getting premium packages for the next cruise. I understand there is a 15% service charge added. We have no problem with that, but in managing our OBCs, is the 15% added to the price of the package which we will buy next week or is it charged when we use the card 3 weeks from now. (i.e. the 15% ends up on your on board account.)

It's added to the price of the package when you purchase it, not when you use it.

Does the premium package include “The Martini Flight”?

I've wondered the same thing. Decided that if it doesn't, I'll just have

to order each martini separately. I'm wondering if one can order a half-size drink? It would be easier than drinking half and throwing the rest away.

Does anyone have any experience ordering 1/2 drinks? Or at the end of the

day, after several glasses of wine at dinner, can you order, let's say, a chocolate martini without the vodka? Sounds terrible but I might not enjoy

all the extra tasteles vodka...meaning I wouldn't miss that part of the drink. Make any sense????

Does the premium package include “The Martini Flight”?

No! The Martini Flight is $15.plus tax so it is not included on saying that you could order each drink one at a time & since each drink is $10.50 or $11.00 plus tax it would then be included but that is a whole lot of drinking!!!!! Enjoy.

Edited by If only

to order each martini separately. I'm wondering if one can order a half-size drink? It would be easier than drinking half and throwing the rest away.

day, after several glasses of wine at dinner, can you order, let's say, a chocolate martini without the vodka? Sounds terrible but I might not enjoy

all the extra tasteles vodka...meaning I wouldn't miss that part of the drink. Make any sense????

You can basically make up your own drink & they will make it for you but it will still count as 1 drink!

Never heard of ordering "half" drinks.

You could try ordering a virgin martini and see what happens.

No! The Martini Flight is $15.plus tax so it is not included on saying that you could order each drink one at a time & since each drink is $10.50 or $11.00 plus tax it would then be included but that is a whole lot of drinking!!!!! Enjoy.

Thanks! Seems the price went up. Read on line it that it was the same as a regular martini drink.

I guess I'll be ordering each martini separately. :D

Never heard of ordering "half" drinks.

You could try ordering a virgin martini and see what happens.

Thanks! Seems the price went up. Read on line it that it was the same as a regular martini drink.

I guess I'll be ordering each martini separately. :D

Didn't mean for you to think I only wanted to pay 1/2 price for a 1/2 size drink. We have the premium card so all drinks up to $12.00 are already paid for with that package. I only wanted 1/2 because I can't sample several full sized drinks and remain sober :):):)

Didn't mean for you to think I only wanted to pay 1/2 price for a 1/2 size drink. We have the premium card so all drinks up to $12.00 are already paid for with that package. I only wanted 1/2 because I can't sample several full sized drinks and remain sober :):):)

Hey, you're on holiday- so cut loose! :D

I just returned from a B2B on the Eclispe and I thought I would share my experience with the full Premium drink package. My DW and I both had the package and it was really convenient. Perhaps they have changed the process, but I did not ever get a receipt or was I asked to sign anything. They always took our cards and scanned whenever we received a drink. At the end of each cruise, we received our itemized bill that included a list of each scan, but it did not have a price or state what was purchased. It just included the bar and time. This did not show on the T.V. account just on the final package given to us at the end of each cruise.

I would say that I would not have normally purchased fresh OJ each morning or used the Cafe as much. My wife found a Decaf tea that she iced each morning. From our perspective the better wines and Martinis would be the main reason to get a premium package instead of a classic package. The wines available for $8 were limited and the $12 improved the wine options significantly. Normally I bring CF Diet Coke and bottled water on board, but I did not on this cruise. It was great that CF Diet Coke was readily available. I also only attended two Elite cocktail parties in the Sky Lounge over the two week period and none of the special Cocktail party events. My DW and I both felt that since we already had the package, we did not want to get changed to attend the event. We just went to the Martini Bar in our shorts prior to getting ready for dinner.

The bottom line for us is that we really enjoyed the convenience of the package. I am going to go back and compare the costs from some of our other cruises, but I would say that we are likely to purchase a package for our next cruise.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Hi all,

First time poster here, so please be gentle.

My partner and I are taking a 7 night Alaska cruise in September. We are interested in pre purchasing our drinks and was wondering if one of us could buy the Classic package and the other buy the Premium package. My drinks requirements are more than adequately met by the Classic package, except for Peroni. Would it be frowned upon, if on the occasions, I drank a Peroni from my partners Premium package and at the same time, he took a drink from my Classic package?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

dizzyheights

I just purchased a premium package for myself and a classic package for my DH. I see no problem in switching drinks between partners as the occassion or preference arises. My husband is not a martini nor much of a wine drinker so the classic package is fine for him - but I also realize he might want to try one of the drinks in the molecular bar a few nights. I will give him my drink and have himorder something within the $8.00 limit for myself on those occasions.

Hi all,

First time poster here, so please be gentle.

My partner and I are taking a 7 night Alaska cruise in September. We are interested in pre purchasing our drinks and was wondering if one of us could buy the Classic package and the other buy the Premium package. My drinks requirements are more than adequately met by the Classic package, except for Peroni. Would it be frowned upon, if on the occasions, I drank a Peroni from my partners Premium package and at the same time, he took a drink from my Classic package?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

dizzyheights

I don't think that would be a problem to do that however don't be shocked of someone calls it stealing.

Not sure if I missed it on the list, but does anyone know if Blue Moon is available on any ships? And if so, what is the price. I am fine with the beers on the Classic list, but if Blue Moon is on the Premium list, I may consider the premium.

I just returned from a B2B on the Eclispe and I thought I would share my experience with the full Premium drink package. My DW and I both had the package and it was really convenient. Perhaps they have changed the process, but I did not ever get a receipt or was I asked to sign anything. They always took our cards and scanned whenever we received a drink. At the end of each cruise, we received our itemized bill that included a list of each scan, but it did not have a price or state what was purchased. It just included the bar and time. This did not show on the T.V. account just on the final package given to us at the end of each cruise.

I would say that I would not have normally purchased fresh OJ each morning or used the Cafe as much. My wife found a Decaf tea that she iced each morning. From our perspective the better wines and Martinis would be the main reason to get a premium package instead of a classic package. The wines available for $8 were limited and the $12 improved the wine options significantly. Normally I bring CF Diet Coke and bottled water on board, but I did not on this cruise. It was great that CF Diet Coke was readily available. I also only attended two Elite cocktail parties in the Sky Lounge over the two week period and none of the special Cocktail party events. My DW and I both felt that since we already had the package, we did not want to get changed to attend the event. We just went to the Martini Bar in our shorts prior to getting ready for dinner.

The bottom line for us is that we really enjoyed the convenience of the package. I am going to go back and compare the costs from some of our other cruises, but I would say that we are likely to purchase a package for our next cruise.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Did you have any trouble getting more than one or two glasses of wine at dinner in the MDR? Do you have to flag the sommelier down each time?

Thanks!

Did you have any trouble getting more than one or two glasses of wine at dinner in the MDR? Do you have to flag the sommelier down each time?

Thanks!

We had an excellent sommelier on our cruise last week. As soon as the glass was down a little bit, he was there filling it up. As for me, I wouldn't buy it again as I am not a big drinker, but felt I needed to drink a lot if it were to be worth it. We did have 2 martinis each afternoon and then the wine at dinner. If I were to purchase anything, it would be the classic as I drink the margaritas and other "foo foo" drinks. A glass of wine or two at dinner would be included in that as well.

Thanks!

We had no trouble getting one or more wines at dinner. Yes, the sommelier must take the order and poor the wine. They only scanned each of our cards once usually at the end.

There is a particular sommelier assigned to a section of tables, so as we moved around in Select dining we had a different person sometimes. IMO the service was excellent and you need the premium package for a good selection of wines. The Nickel Nicke Pinor Noir was one of my favorites. They also had choices not on the official wine list.

s

Makes total sense.

We will be doing this come April on our Summit cruise. :D