Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Now that sounds disappointing :(. We've just purchased the premium package for 2 weeks. I was expecting trying all the wines that are listed available by the glass. I don't suppose you have a list of the available wines?

Rest of it sounds great though)

No, unfortunately not. I'm sure someone here must have it.

We paid for our beverage packages a couple of months prior to the cruise,

and in retrospect I should have found out exactly which wines-by-the-glass were available prior to buying it.

You might find that you really enjoy most of the "by-the-glass" wines available, and therefore its not an issue. Good luck. :)

...I would definitely get the Premium alcohol package again, but anyone getting it mainly for the wine should be aware of the potential drawbacks.

Exactly. ;)

Bars: We had the premium drink package (each). We do not usually drink, but we were taking a break from stressful lives and decided to go for it. I am SOOOO glad we did. We were able to get any drink we wanted at any time with no guilt or penny pinching, or thinking, maybe we shouldn't. This includes bottled water, specialty coffees (I am addicted to caramel machiatos) and martinis / beers / screwdrivers / Molecular drinks.. anything (except maybe wine, but we do not drink wine). At the last day of your cruise you get a print out for all of the times you use your card.... ours was 4 pages of drinks. All $0.00. we would have 3 coffees throughout the day, and a couple of bottles of water a day, and maybe a perrier or spelegreeno, then have 3-4 martinis a night each trying different ones, and then top off with a drink from the molecular bar (YOU NEED TO TRY THE TANNED RUSSIAN)... and then grab a vitamin water to take back to the room for hydrating through the night. By the end of the first night, the guys at the martini bar knew us by name (and no longer needed our cards). It was nice. And no one was stupid drunk. You can also get a bottled drink unopened to take back to your room and "stockpile" if you want for times you do not wish to go out. We would grab a bottle of water and some sweets from the buffet and have a snack on our balcony in the afternoon.... yes it is as awesome as it sounds.

I have added up what it would have cost us for the 7 day cruise.. Turns out we saved close to $300.00. However, if we did not have the package, we would have drank less and not experienced the adventure of new drinks every evening.

Edited by burgniel

Really?! Which ship were you on? :rolleyes:..:D

Maybe you saw this one :cool:

http://www our-cruises dot com /galaxy/bar/winelistl_sm.jpg

The original list posted by Feelin' Nauti was also not the one on the April 9th sailing of the Eclipse. Couldn't get the link for the other one to load :confused:

The original list posted by Feelin' Nauti was also not the one on the April 9th sailing of the Eclipse. Couldn't get the link for the other one to load :confused:

No, her link had to be re-worked and when I did get it to load it wasn't it either.

Its from 2005.

Ok Feelin Nauti... you just shot my dream of ordering every martini straight to hell lmao! I had no idea there were that many choices of martini's :eek:

I guess I will have to just try my hardest to taste them all :D

Thanks for posting!

Ok Feelin Nauti... you just shot my dream of ordering every martini straight to hell lmao! I had no idea there were that many choices of martini's

I guess I will have to just try my hardest to taste them all

Thanks for posting!

Good Luck!

I tried my best to drink through the menu. :o:o

But my cruise was too short. :(

I need to book another to finish. ;)..:D

IMG_0940.jpg

Cheers!

Good Luck!

I tried my best to drink through the menu.

But my cruise was too short. :(

I need to book another to finish. ;)..:D

IMG_0940.jpg

Cheers!

Great photo!!Glad you had such a good time on Summit and thanks

for posting the menu too. I know there are alot of choices and

its fun to read them from here as well;). I am sailing Century 2

weeks from tomorrow and I love the Martini Bar:D

Oh, I am not normally a tequilla drinker but the Jalicsotini is one of my

new favorites....I love that one!

Edited by Lois R

Unfortunately thats not the list we saw last week. I believe you might have a dated wine list there.

Does anyone have a link or photo of the current - latest - wine list? I am sailing on Monday and was planning on the Classic but perhaps that won't be good enough... Please help!

Does anyone have a link or photo of the current - latest - wine list? I am sailing on Monday and was planning on the Classic but perhaps that won't be good enough... Please help!

Sorry!

I rearranged my photos which broke up the link.

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

We will be in X Infinity in December, and interested in a wine package. I even called X to ask questions, since the website is not that detailed regarding the package. We did the wine package on NCL and it does save.

However, I am not sure how the a beverage package works when you go beyond wine.

We primarily drink beer and wine, with my Wife occasionally drinking scotch. We don't drink a like of coffee beyond breakfast, don't pay for bottled water, and don't drink soda.

Here are my specific questions:

Are there beverage packages for alcohol that go beyond wine? What are the choices/prices?

What are the choices for non-alcohol? Just curious. It appeared to me that these beverage packages would require drinking something like 6 sodas a day, which frankly is just not healthy.

Just returned from 4/22 10-day Ultimate Caribbean on Equinox.

Booked Premium package prior to boarding.

It was a good experience and as other posters have mentioned, it allowed me to sample new concoctions. If I liked it, fine. If I didn't like it, I did not feel bad about having wasted $10.

I am primarily a wine drinker, but not a wine snob so the wines by the glass available on the Premium Package were fine for me.

Even if I had taken a photo of the wine list, I would hesitate to post it because based on my experience, you can't always get what you want.

I don't mean to imply that the drink packages are not worth the investment, but one tip I did not pick up on this board but found to be reality is that certain bars only offer certain wines and even those are not consistently available.

For example, the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc listed at $10/glass and available on the Premium Package was only available while dining in Murano (which we did one evening)and in the bar just outside the entrance to Murano. This bar does not open until 5 pm, so if you think you will enjoy the Cakebread Sauv. Blanc with lunch, be forewarned that it will not happen. You will be able to try other wines in other bars that are open during the day, but even those I found to have inventory inconsistencies. As another example, sometimes when I asked for a Pinot Grigio, I would be served one label, then when I asked for a second glass at the same bar, the only type available was from another label. Not a deal-breaker, but just be aware of this.

Enjoyed trying the wines by the glass in Cellar Masters. They did tend to have brands that were not available in other areas of the ship, but that Cakebread Sauv. Blanc mentioned earlier was not available on the package in that bar....it was only available through the Enomatic Wine dispenser, which is not included on any package. Also Cellar Masters was open only on selected evenings. The special wine tasting events are held there and if one is scheduled, only those who are paying extra for the tasting event will be served. The bar is closed to anyone else from their opening at 5pm until well after the tasting has concluded.

In addition to the interesting inconsistency in pricing and availability of wines by the glass, I found that after dinner drinks priced and available for those on the Premium Package could be ordered in the MDR but if I asked for the same after dinner drink at a bar, most were priced at $17 therefore out of range of the package.

Odd, but true.

In my opinion the Premium package was worth it for me. I have my preferences in wines and other drinks, but if what I asked for wasn't available, I tried whatever they had. If you are very particular, this may not appeal to you. There is the possibility that you could request a certain wine from any bar on the ship and then wait for one of the staff to locate, retrieve and serve it to you, but I was not that demanding and would have felt uncomfortable asking for something special when bar staff were already working as hard as they could.

In conclusion, if you purchase a package you may not always get what you want, but you will certainly be able to get something similar and probably will be able to get your money's worth.

Just returned from 4/22 10-day Ultimate Caribbean on Equinox.

Booked Premium package prior to boarding.

It was a good experience and as other posters have mentioned, it allowed me to sample new concoctions. If I liked it, fine. If I didn't like it, I did not feel bad about having wasted $10.

I am primarily a wine drinker, but not a wine snob so the wines by the glass available on the Premium Package were fine for me.

Even if I had taken a photo of the wine list, I would hesitate to post it because based on my experience, you can't always get what you want.

I don't mean to imply that the drink packages are not worth the investment, but one tip I did not pick up on this board but found to be reality is that certain bars only offer certain wines and even those are not consistently available.

For example, the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc listed at $10/glass and available on the Premium Package was only available while dining in Murano (which we did one evening)and in the bar just outside the entrance to Murano. This bar does not open until 5 pm, so if you think you will enjoy the Cakebread Sauv. Blanc with lunch, be forewarned that it will not happen. You will be able to try other wines in other bars that are open during the day, but even those I found to have inventory inconsistencies. As another example, sometimes when I asked for a Pinot Grigio, I would be served one label, then when I asked for a second glass at the same bar, the only type available was from another label. Not a deal-breaker, but just be aware of this.

Enjoyed trying the wines by the glass in Cellar Masters. They did tend to have brands that were not available in other areas of the ship, but that Cakebread Sauv. Blanc mentioned earlier was not available on the package in that bar....it was only available through the Enomatic Wine dispenser, which is not included on any package. Also Cellar Masters was open only on selected evenings. The special wine tasting events are held there and if one is scheduled, only those who are paying extra for the tasting event will be served. The bar is closed to anyone else from their opening at 5pm until well after the tasting has concluded.

In addition to the interesting inconsistency in pricing and availability of wines by the glass, I found that after dinner drinks priced and available for those on the Premium Package could be ordered in the MDR but if I asked for the same after dinner drink at a bar, most were priced at $17 therefore out of range of the package.

Odd, but true.

In my opinion the Premium package was worth it for me. I have my preferences in wines and other drinks, but if what I asked for wasn't available, I tried whatever they had. If you are very particular, this may not appeal to you. There is the possibility that you could request a certain wine from any bar on the ship and then wait for one of the staff to locate, retrieve and serve it to you, but I was not that demanding and would have felt uncomfortable asking for something special when bar staff were already working as hard as they could.

In conclusion, if you purchase a package you may not always get what you want, but you will certainly be able to get something similar and probably will be able to get your money's worth.

Thank you very much for all this infomation... it truly does affect a beverage package decision. Curiously, I haven't seen anyone post about the wine package. Does anyone have any input on that one?

I called Celebrity about the wine choice differences as the new (greatly reduced choice) wine list someone posted was so radically different. They said the wine selection varied by ship which didn't help much, and they were unable to verify that prices had increased (obvious by the Celebrity Chardonnay price - was $9 per glass, now $9.50 per glass). Thought that strange when this number was the one to call with Beverage package information. Silly me!

Ah well, I guess I will make a decision when I am sailing out of Seattle on Tuesday.

Thanks again for your input. It was very valuable.

Hello, folks.

As a couple of people have noticed, I made a big mistake yesterday, because I jumped to an incorrect conclusion. I want to apologize especially to "CLEMM" for causing the headache!

Unfortunately, I can no longer edit my old post, so I hope that newcomers will continue reading to find the corrections that "riandei" has offered -- along with what I am going to state now ...

I was right about this:

"ALL drinks, whether alcoholic or not, costing $12 or less per serving are included in Premium [Alcoholic] Package."

I was almost right about this:

"ALL drinks, whether alcoholic or not, costing $8 or less per serving are included in the Classic [Alcoholic] Package."

I should have added this: "... EXCEPT that the beer-price limit is $5."

I was WRONG to make the following two statements:

"ALL non-alcoholic drinks costing $8 or less are included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package.

"ALL non-alcoholic drinks costing $12 or less are included in the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package."

In reality, there are no "dollar limits" on the non-alcoholic packages, but rather "content limits."

It would be better for me to quote now what Celebrity states about the non-alcoholic packages. (What is in brackets is from me.) ...

--- "Classic Non-Alcoholic Package [$15.00 per day, including forced tip]:

"In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections (such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, and Coke Zero), enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, and Non-Premium Bottled Water."

--- "Premium Non-Alcoholic Package [$18.50 per day, including forced tip]: [Adds, to the above] Premium Bottled Water (from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino), Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink, and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water."

Yes, "mazdeb," I think that "Jobeth66" understands it as I do. I first saw other CrCr members saying the same thing -- about buying a package at mid-cruise. Then, a couple of days ago, I found it at the Celebrity site and quoted it for you, above. [i inserted clarifications in brackets, because I think that the answer to the FAQ is poorly written. First it "flat-out" states that you CAN'T buy a package for part of a cruise, but then it says that you CAN. The writer of the answer failed to distinguish between pre-purchase (CAN'T) and on-board purchase (CAN).]

If you want to see/print the Celebrity page that I quoted, I hope that this link will work for you:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000D7sFh-JmLTg3jntJDY3Dwbj:12hdebcnj?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4039&pagename=faq_answers

I haven't read all the latest messages yet, so I may be back to post more info shortly.

------------------------------

Thank you for the info.

Question: What is "non-premium bottled water?" Brand? Ounces? Can you get more than one per day?

Odd, but true.

There is the possibility that you could request a certain wine from any bar on the ship and then wait for one of the staff to locate, retrieve and serve it to you, but I was not that demanding and would have felt uncomfortable asking for something special when bar staff were already working as hard as they could.

Well said! :)

Inconsistency: I noticed this with the size of the martini drinks.

The martinis I ordered in the MDR came in a nice size glass.

While at a bar glasses were much smaller.

:cool:

I have a wine list from the MDR from the 16 April Transatlantic on Eclipse if that would help.

I have a wine list from the MDR from the 16 April Transatlantic on Eclipse if that would help.

Not sure whether it would or not... are you able to upload it? Perhaps, if it is easier, you may want to email it to me directly... Not sure which is easier. However, I'm sure some others might like to see it too.

Just in case, my email address is: honolulugal@telus.net

Thank you!

Catherine

PS How was your cruise???