Christmas Cruise and Decorations

Just wondering if the Allure will be decorated for Christmas like the other ships have been when we've sailed at Christmas since she will just be starting to sail in December. I cannot imagine how beautiful it would be!

Just wondering if the Allure will be decorated for Christmas like the other ships have been when we've sailed at Christmas since she will just be starting to sail in December. I cannot imagine how beautiful it would be!

When Oasis arrived they didn't have her decorated for the pre-inaugurals but they had her all decorated for the holidays on the inaugural......I am sure Allure will be the same.

Actually Oasis was decorated for the Labadee Extravaganza cruise that started on Dec 1, 2009, as I recall. It was absolutely gorgeous. All the rails in the main dining room were wrapped in holly and ribbon. There were Christmas trees here and there ( a really big one in the Prominade area) and the most glorious red poinsettias in the Central Park gardens. It was a joy to behold.

Of course, there is no gurantee that Allure will be similarly adorned that early in December, but I hope it is.

Royal normally decorates the ships a few days after Thanksgiving; but since Allure doesn't arrive until Dec; it may or may not be decorated when she arrives.

Just like Oasis my bet is it wouldn't be decorated till after all the press and pix of the pre-innaugerals....just like Oasis I bet they will once again be decorating her the morning of the 4 night Labadee sailing.

We were on the 4 day Labadee cruise. Yes, we saw them decorating that morning. Looked like they hired outside contractors, who worked their butts off to get done what they could before Oasis set sail.

We did not sail the next 7 day cruise. Hope they had more time to continue the decorating in FLL before the seven day, the four day decorating was not all that impressive. Have to blame all that on time available to the contractor. There is only so much you can do with a time limit. We've been there and done that.

We are on Allure Dec. 5. Hope to get some good pics for 2011 Christmas cards!

Rick and Deirdra

We were on the 4 day Labadee cruise. Yes, we saw them decorating that morning. Looked like they hired outside contractors, who worked their butts off to get done what they could before Oasis set sail.

We did not sail the next 7 day cruise. Hope they had more time to continue the decorating in FLL before the seven day, the four day decorating was not all that impressive. Have to blame all that on time available to the contractor. There is only so much you can do with a time limit. We've been there and done that.

We are on Allure Dec. 5. Hope to get some good pics for 2011 Christmas cards!

Rick and Deirdra

I have to agree with you guys;) I wish we were sailing the Allure together again but I switched over to the Jan 2nd sailing....ENJOY the innaugeral:)

Archived