Queen Elizabeth tour 9-10th October

transatlantic fan

Yesterday we got an invitation to look round the new Queen on either 9th or 10th October.

Sent it back yesterday but not sure if they just draw the names out when they get them back.

Anyone else got one yet?

Has anyone ever done one of these tours and what is involved?

We received our invitation yesterday - and returned it same day! From what I understand of previous 'Invitations to Preview', it is a matter of luck as to whether your name is drawn out of the hat.

Our previous application for the preview of QM2 was unsuccessful, so here's hoping for better luck this time. At least you won't have too far to travel should you be fortunate enough to be chosen!

Regards,

David

We also received our invitation yesterday, and naturally will not be declining.

So, I beg to ask the question of those who might know; is wine included with luncheon? Is this going to necessitate an overnight stay in Southampton after a glass or 2? As we are travelling down from Leicestershire, it would save many miles in one day, and make a very enjoyable w/end.

As to the criteria for receiving an invite, perhaps it is related to one's bar bill per trip in the Commodore Club.:D And that leads me to wonder if a cocktail as a pre-luncheon tipple will be available.

To date we have not booked a QE voyage, but the the Baltic or Adriatic trips look quite appealing, but alas this is dependent upon our work schedule.

We are new to Cunard and will be sailing on the QE at the end of November. Courtesy of our excellent travel agent we have been on two most enjoyable ship visits (one Holland America and one Regent) in Southampton. On both occasions we had a tour of the ship followed by a leisurely three course lunch with all drinks included. Security procedures were very time-consuming, so we did have to arrive and park early - there was a lot of standing around and queuing before we were finally allowed on board.

My guess is selection is random.........although I do know that if you have a booking already on QE you may be less likely to get the invitation as the have you 'hooked' already. It was certainly the reason we didnt get an invite to look round QV. (we are diamond members)

Chris and Sheila

I was also wondering what is the criteria for receiving an invite. Are you all diamond or platinum world club members? Or perhaps you have all sailed on the QE2?

We are only Platinum members (hope soon to be Diamond).

There surely must be some fixed criteria and not random, as Cunard could otherwise upset very many loyal customers, if people started posting the affirmative here after being on only 1 cruise. Obviously the "upgrade fairy" has a sister "invite fairy".

Yesterday I spoke with my TA, and asked her if she had arranged this, and her answer was NO.

I was also wondering what is the criteria for receiving an invite. Are you all diamond or platinum world club members? Or perhaps you have all sailed on the QE2?

Well the first line of the invite does say

"Having travelled with us on so many memorable occasions,and in many cases on a number of elegant Cunard ships"

There is no need to ask why, we should just be thankful we were chosen and see what happens next..

So, I beg to ask the question of those who might know; is wine included with luncheon? Is this going to necessitate an overnight stay in Southampton after a glass or 2? As we are travelling down from Leicestershire, it would save many miles in one day, and make a very enjoyable w/end.

Any inport function Iv been to its always had wine included, which you dont need to accept, But it will probably be a stelvin closure:rolleyes:

We also received our invitation yesterday, and naturally will not be declining.

Unfortunately we will be declining our invite. (Which may be good news to the rest of you:))

Just looked into flights and find there's nothing to/from SOU Sat or Sun which means three nights in a hotel, plus meals. which all adds up to more than I've paid for some cruises:eek:

I hope that those of you who do attend enjoy yourselves.

Regards, Colin.

Well the first line of the invite does say

"Having travelled with us on so many memorable occasions,and in many cases on a number of elegant Cunard ships"

So it does sound like diamond and platinum members which is fair enough.

• 5 weeks later...

Confirmation received yesterday from Cunard that we have been selected to attend the QE function on Sunday 10th October. Have just booked an overnight in a local hotel for the Sunday, as I feel that it would be exceeding discourteous of me to refuse any alcoholic refreshment that is offered by my host ;)

Full details will follow from Cunard, but when I spoke to them yesterday, I was informed that embarkation will be between 10.30 - 11.30, and disembarkation between 13.30 - 15.30.

Regards,

David

Congrats to those invited. Enjoy!

Does anyone know if there will be a similar function on this side of the pond when QE docks in NY?

Cheers,

Salacia

I would have thought it unlikely, as the ship will be in service and it will be a big turnaround day.

There will clearly be guests on board, but mainly travel agents and big wigs I'd guess.

If all the visits are on the 9th and 10th does that indicate the naming will be the 11th? Does anyone know the sequence on past namings? Has an arrival date for QE in Southampton been announced? We do not arrive until the 10th and are hoping to be in town during the hoopla. We had a great time before QV's naming.

If all the visits are on the 9th and 10th does that indicate the naming will be the 11th? Does anyone know the sequence on past namings? Has an arrival date for QE in Southampton been announced? We do not arrive until the 10th and are hoping to be in town during the hoopla. We had a great time before QV's naming.

See:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1262325

I think she arrives at the Ocean Terminal in Southampton on the 8th October, the naming is on the 11th and the first voyage is on the 12th.

Archived