Show us Your Aft!

Ohhhhh, I was in that room in 2010 and the balcony was wonderful!!! I'll see if I have any pictures of it!

Cheryl

Nice!!! :D I'm crossing my fingers that you have some pictures. I'm so excited to be staying in an aft cabin ... never thought I'd be able to afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

This is a great thread ! We will try our first aft in Nov, Jewel of the seas-7674:D

Any one have a picture they care to share ? :)

Reader

I'll be on the Jewel in August! I couldn't get an aft :( but one of our group has one so i'll try and take a picture for you.

Cheryl

I'm also curious if the loveseat in 7408 pulls out into a couch so we don't have to use the Pullman. Anyone know? I've searched posts and videos but can't figure it out.

Sailing on Freedom 7408 in August!!

Renee

We stayed in 7708--- which is 7408's reverse twin.

Love seats do not turn into beds. We asked as our son was little and we worried about the height, but he loved it and it made the room so much roomier, not having to navigate around the sofa bed to get to the bathroom.

I keep getting an error message on all your pictures and the above album saying they are no longer available. :confused:

I am not the poster of those photos, but it looks as if he or she had the photos linked from a webshots album. Webshots went out of business several years ago, so the links will no longer work. The poster would have to upload the pics to another site and link them here.

We stayed in 7708--- which is 7408's reverse twin.

Love seats do not turn into beds. We asked as our son was little and we worried about the height, but he loved it and it made the room so much roomier, not having to navigate around the sofa bed to get to the bathroom.

Thanks, Amanda!

I really love this thread and the pics are amazing! Thanks to everyone who has contributed! I was wondering if someone can tell me if there is a high top table/chairs on Serenade JS 1100 so we can have breakfast on the balcony. Also, if there are 2 or 3 lounge chairs. Greatly appreciate anyone who can provide additional info/pics as well. Thanks!

Dolfans from Miami

This is a great thread ! We will try our first aft in Nov, Jewel of the seas-7674:D

Any one have a picture they care to share ? :)

Reader

My wife and I will be in this same cabin the week before. I would send some pictures but it would be too late by then.

Have a great cruise.

Great pics....which aft is this?

Wondering if anyone has recent pics of 1100 Serenade of the Seas. Thanks!

Dolfans from Miami

Me, too! We have it booked for 2014 Med cruise. Would love to see pics of the balcony and room!

• 2 months later...
Pic below is DH enjoying the balcony on Navigator 7388 (deck 7 corner aft....essentially the same as Freedom class 7408 and 7708.)

On Voyager class ships, these balconies are 7388 and 7688.

Judy

P.S. He can give you instructions on how to hang your hammock.:D

Nav7388balcony.jpg[/url}

We just love the corner balcony stateroom... just returned from FOS Western Caribbean in 7408. Can you please send instructions on how you mounted the hammock? I'd like to try that next time.

Thanks,

Steve

We just love the corner balcony stateroom... just returned from FOS Western Caribbean in 7408. Can you please send instructions on how you mounted the hammock? I'd like to try that next time.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

You'll love that corner aft even more with a hammock!:D (My only regret is that the hammock didn't have a built in Kindle holder and drink holder.) Buz bought the hammock on Amazon - about $20 and the name of it was La Paz something. It's woven cotton as he didn't want nylon or poly (too sweaty.) He also bought a hammock hanging kit at Academy for about $15 that supplied the ropes.

He's tall enough (6'1") that he was able to just kind of toss the ropes through the holes in the beams you see below. He didn't have to stand on a chair to reach the openings, but that could be done. (But use the sturdy one from inside the cabin!) This was 7388 on Navigator, but I think that Voyager class and Freedom class ships have the same structure on the aft, so it should be pretty similar on Freedom.

If you need more info, he'd be delighted to advise you (he's quite proud of his hammock installation!;)) you can email him at goodrich@telepath.com. (He's upstairs mudding sheetrock in our soon-to-be-redone guest bathroom right now, so I've been instructed not to interrupt him.:eek:)

Judy

Hammock2.jpg

Hammockhanging1.jpg

I was in a aft cabin for the first time in 2008 on carnival

next month we will be on liberty rccl in aft js 1706 cant wait we lucked out on getting it we had aft js deck 7 but I saw a few wks ago the js deck ten was open so I grabbed it. hadn't been able o find any pics though

we are also booked on ex for Nye 2014 in aft deck ten they said its called the sunset cabin

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Steve,

You'll love that corner aft even more with a hammock!:D (My only regret is that the hammock didn't have a built in Kindle holder and drink holder.) Buz bought the hammock on Amazon - about $20 and the name of it was La Paz something. It's woven cotton as he didn't want nylon or poly (too sweaty.) He also bought a hammock hanging kit at Academy for about $15 that supplied the ropes.

He's tall enough (6'1") that he was able to just kind of toss the ropes through the holes in the beams you see below. He didn't have to stand on a chair to reach the openings, but that could be done. (But use the sturdy one from inside the cabin!) This was 7388 on Navigator, but I think that Voyager class and Freedom class ships have the same structure on the aft, so it should be pretty similar on Freedom.

If you need more info, he'd be delighted to advise you (he's quite proud of his hammock installation!;)) you can email him at goodrich@telepath.com. (He's upstairs mudding sheetrock in our soon-to-be-redone guest bathroom right now, so I've been instructed not to interrupt him.:eek:)

Judy

Hammock2.jpg

Hammockhanging1.jpg

I was wondering if you got any grief from your stateroom attendant about the hammock, or if they even mentioned it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app