Show us Your Aft!

• 3 months later...

We sailed on Symphony of the Seas a couple of weeks ago in Aquatheater Suite (A1) 8334. The cabin is giant, over 800 sq. ft. not including the balcony, and has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. With the design of these oasis-class ships, these Aquatheater cabins get a bit smaller by deck the higher you go. The deck 8 ones are the largest of the Aquatheater Suites. The balcony alone is close to 800 sq. ft. as well.

As for the balcony, one day I measured the rail from one end of the balcony to the other, and it is 117 feet from end to end. There are two full loungers, two partial loungers (the kind with footrests), two barstool-type seats, and a table for six that we used for a few meals.

Let me know if you have any questions about this cabin. We loved it! 

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I always thought I wanted an aft cabin until we got one on Crown Princess.  It was on Deck 12, and we felt every single “bump” in the ocean.  I did not sleep one night out of seven!  The aft view was amazing but not worth all the movement for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 9:36 PM, catugirl said:

I always thought I wanted an aft cabin until we got one on Crown Princess.  It was on Deck 12, and we felt every single “bump” in the ocean.  I did not sleep one night out of seven!  The aft view was amazing but not worth all the movement for me.

Sometimes it's dependent on the individual ship as to how much you feel. We've been on a couple different RCCL vessels in a corner aft, one we hardly felt motion, the other we felt a lot and heard a lot of creaks (ship was due for a refurb a month after our cruise, so not surprising).

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, smooth_sailin said:

I wonder if anyone still follows this subject!

I just booked Odyssey of the Seas for October, aft cabin, wondering if anyone has photos of the balconies on the Deck 12 4D aft cabins. Thanks!

Nobody has sailed on Odyssey yet.  None of the other Quantum class have aft cabins on deck 12. Looking at Quantum it appears all the afts are suites.  I have an Odyssey 4D on deck 10 in February.  I can't wait to get aboard. 🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping that maybe there would be photos from a press walk-through, or something someone has seen online. I'm aware that this ship hasn't sailed yet. I'll post balcony pics here when we return, to get the ball rolling. Enjoy your February cruise!