Show us Your Aft!

Anybody have a preference? We have 1600 on Brilliance in a few weeks. I've never had an aft balcony. We are very excited, especially since it's a corner, but I was kinda hoping it was port side. It's starboard, so I'm assuming we won't have a good view of the "port" side when we dock. I guess it really doesn't matter. We are only docking at one port, and tendering at the other. Getting so excited. Anyone have pics of 1600 on Brilliance?

Anybody have a preference? We have 1600 on Brilliance in a few weeks. I've never had an aft balcony. We are very excited, especially since it's a corner, but I was kinda hoping it was port side. It's starboard, so I'm assuming we won't have a good view of the "port" side when we dock. I guess it really doesn't matter. We are only docking at one port, and tendering at the other. Getting so excited. Anyone have pics of 1600 on Brilliance?

We were is 1600 on the Brilliance this past March. We absolutly loved the cabin. It's got a totally different layout. I posted 6 pics on this thread. My post is #262 on page 14.

I also did a cruise review that has a couple more pics. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1817484

Thanks, that will be our cabin on too Dec. 12th cruise. Can't get enough pictures of it.....:p Can't wait either. Our first aft, and a corner one at that. :D Changed cabins 5 times to get it. :o

Gwen :)

HI Gwen!

We have 7388 on the EX the sailing before yours! I think we changed 5 times too!

HI Gwen!

We have 7388 on the EX the sailing before yours! I think we changed 5 times too!

Hi there. I remember your face, but for the life of me, I can't remember your name. It will probably hit me in the middle of the night. That's what happens when you get to be my age. :rolleyes: Make sure you keep it in good shape. A shame we couldn't be on the same cruise......but, then we would have to fight over the cabin. :p Maybe we will cruise together again some other time. I just got that cabin about a month ago. I was checking on line and saw it was available and got in touch with our TA right away. Took about 15 min. to get it. Pays to keep checking.

Have a good cruise and enjoy "my" cabin......;)

We are going to be on Explorer for the 14 day repositioning cruise next November and have aft cabin 9690.... I know this one is a little different from the standard.... If anyone could post pictures I would appreciate it....

Thanks

Sochie

Also....

I have pictures of Brilliance aft # 9256 and Rhapsody aft JS # 8596 , if anyone would like pictures posted let me know....

Edited by sochie

I thought I had been through this entire thread' date=' I can't believe I missed these. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It looks like you really enjoyed the space. I can't wait :D[/quote']

The space was to die for especially when there are only two of you if i wasn't on shore I was on the balcony :) I have a three night Bahamas booked for next year with an inside cabin this will be a first for me and not sure how i am going to cope, but the price was better than spending 3 nights on land :-)

We are going to be on Explorer for the 14 day repositioning cruise next November and have aft cabin 9690.... I know this one is a little different from the standard.... If anyone could post pictures I would appreciate it....

Thanks

Sochie

Also....

I have pictures of Brilliance aft # 9256 and Rhapsody aft JS # 8596 , if anyone would like pictures posted let me know....

Try this:

Voyager-Class.com - Pictures of the aft balconies: Cabins 9390, 9690

I had this cabin for Dec. but changed it for #7688.

Edited by cruzinlady1947

The space was to die for especially when there are only two of you if i wasn't on shore I was on the balcony :) I have a three night Bahamas booked for next year with an inside cabin this will be a first for me and not sure how i am going to cope, but the price was better than spending 3 nights on land :-)

I've never done an inside cabin for before, booked our sons in one a couple of times. I would be spending my time out in the beautiful Bahamas or out about the ship. I'm sure your sleeping space will be nice. You could always take along one of your beautiful aft pics to remind you of the view :)

Here is one of mine:

25inj3s.jpg

I've never done an inside cabin for before' date=' booked our sons in one a couple of times. I would be spending my time out in the beautiful Bahamas or out about the ship. I'm sure your sleeping space will be nice. You could always take along one of your beautiful aft pics to remind you of the view :)

[b']I have a balcony aft for the Panama Canal cruise after so maybe just maybe i will manage :)[/b]

Edited by Lazirus65

I've never done an inside cabin for before' date=' booked our sons in one a couple of times. I would be spending my time out in the beautiful Bahamas or out about the ship. I'm sure your sleeping space will be nice. You could always take along one of your beautiful aft pics to remind you of the view :)

[b']I have a balcony aft for the Panama Canal cruise after so maybe just maybe i will manage :)[/b]

Is that a B2B? I didn't notice that before. I'm sure you can manage. Have a blast and don't forget to post your new aft pics here when you get back :)

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone sailed 9404 on the Freedom Class ships? We are booked on the Freedom 9404 and found these photos. It looks interesting to say the least. I loves me an aft but not sure how I feel about the door going out to the balcony!

9404_zpsc059386d.jpg

Ours was a door like that. It actually gave us more room inside. Also liked it because it kept out the morning light, but yours has a big window. That balcony does look nice!

Has anyone sailed 9404 on the Freedom Class ships? We are booked on the Freedom 9404 and found these photos. It looks interesting to say the least. I loves me an aft but not sure how I feel about the door going out to the balcony!

9404_zpsc059386d.jpg

Had a window and door like that on explorer, great place put biconks and small stuff. Got used to it within 2 secs.

• 2 weeks later...

Aft of Jewel...8168 is the second set of balconies (deck 8) above the Safari Club windows; 3rd set below the WJ. This cabin is the corner port side. (the cabin on deck 7 above the one with the "prayer" flags attached to it)

153586870.jpg

View from the cabin:

153587190.jpg

View of the balcony:

153587183.jpg

153587184.jpg

153587185.jpg

153587186.jpg

Infrastructures above ('holes" in the metal work):

153587187.jpg

153587188.jpg

this is what it looks like if you move to the furthest left of the balcony and "peek" around the port side. it's very "skinny" there with just enough room for one person to stand to take a photo or look around. You cannot see the bow or the other balcony cabins on the port side.

153587189.jpg

And the oft asked question...what is behind the door in the corner next to 8168?

882945_10202527379763577_557868460_o.jpg

Just this staircase for crew that we never saw anyone ever use! The other ladder (the official name for ships stairs;)) is located maybe 6 cabins up the hallway and has all the "support" supplies and services the cabin stewards need, such as linen or food carts, elevators for luggage movement etc. Other than an emergency, I can't imagine why anyone would use this ladder, and we never heard any noise from the area. This will also explain what is "behind the doors" on deck 9 and deck 7, since this ladder clearly goes up and down!

We did however hear the "workings" of the ship when arriving in port or just before sailing away. We felt some very minimal vibrations when the engines started, felt greater vibrations when the thrusters were being used to position the ship at dock or move away from the dock. At no time were these bothersome, just noticeable. After we were under way, the engine vibrations were barely noticeable to us, and quite lulling at night! I'll have more details in my review linked in my signature, once I start it!

Edited by Familygoboston