Balcony door locks

B-May

We would probably only need the 3 year old for all the electronic gadgets. I still have to call my kids to ask about some things--like where is the "off" on the iPOD? We need the 4 year old for the door!

Okay! Interview over.....I love you! When do we leave? ;)

I'm retired, my husband isn't. So--the 14 day Princess to Hawaii from LA?

We must somewhat near to each other!

My DH is retired and I'm not......wait, maybe it's my DH you want to go sailing with!

I refuse to retire.....it seemed like I worked harder at home than I do at work. The only difference was "the boss" changed!

Our next cruise is the Sapphire, out of L.A. to the MR. It's wonderful "down" time and if we never leave the ship that's okay with me!

We live in Los Angeles [actually, a suberb.]

Close enough to San Pedro so I can be on a glorious ship within 45 minutes to an hour but not too close so that I'd be teased by the sight of them. :cool:

My DH is retired and I'm not......wait, maybe it's my DH you want to go sailing with!

I refuse to retire.....it seemed like I worked harder at home than I do at work. The only difference was "the boss" changed!

Our next cruise is the Sapphire, out of L.A. to the MR. It's wonderful "down" time and if we never leave the ship that's okay with me!

We live in Los Angeles [actually, a suberb.]

Close enough to San Pedro so I can be on a glorious ship within 45 minutes to an hour but not too close so that I'd be teased by the sight of them. :cool:

We live in SE Long Beach--so if we drive towards Palos Verdes Peninsula, we can check out Carnival in Long Beach and the others in San Pedro.

Wish I had loved work enough to have stayed, but retired the month after I was eligible. My husband knows I am not a good housewife, so doesn't expect a homecooked meal every night and we still pay for a cleaning service! Golf, reading, lunch with friends, is always more important than cleaning!

We live in SE Long Beach--so if we drive towards Palos Verdes Peninsula, we can check out Carnival in Long Beach and the others in San Pedro.

Wish I had loved work enough to have stayed, but retired the month after I was eligible. My husband knows I am not a good housewife, so doesn't expect a homecooked meal every night and we still pay for a cleaning service! Golf, reading, lunch with friends, is always more important than cleaning!

You sound like a very lucky lady and certainly do have your priorities in order.

Enjoy your cruise which is coming-up and an early Happy Birthday to you!

Might be a good idea to skip the balcony cabin and just get an outside. Would certainly set your mind at ease. You wouldn't have to worry about turning your back for a minute.

We have a winner! Post of the Thread!

Yes. Princess balcony doors lock and would be very hard for a small child to open. The handle turns down and locks the door in place, no matter whether the door is open, closed or slightly open. No need for a bungee cord or anything else to keep the door in place.

Pam, Thanks for this info. As many others, we were unaware the balcony doors locked in any position. This will be very handy info on our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Golden.:)

thanks for all the comments. Don't worry, the mom is not about to leave her kids alone in the room - it's their first cruise and they wanted a bit more space to relax (and it's only a 3-niter), thus the mini-suite. I'll tell them to bring a slider and check the door (esp. if small children not watching the procedure). She doesn't plan on using it as it's a coastal cruise so will be cooler outside. Kids are smart and she doesn't want to take any chances!

Pam, Thanks for this info. As many others, we were unaware the balcony doors locked in any position. This will be very handy info on our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Golden.:)

thanks from me too, i didn't know this either.

to the op. i'm glad you'll let your friends know. i have had a balcony door that didn't lock at all.

thanks for all the comments. Don't worry, the mom is not about to leave her kids alone in the room - it's their first cruise and they wanted a bit more space to relax (and it's only a 3-niter), thus the mini-suite. I'll tell them to bring a slider and check the door (esp. if small children not watching the procedure). She doesn't plan on using it as it's a coastal cruise so will be cooler outside. Kids are smart and she doesn't want to take any chances!

Whew!!!!! I'm relieved!

I am pretty sure my son, when 4 yo, could have figured out the locking mechanism... He was fascinated with locks and would work tirelessly until he figured it out. He was also fast...

I would have probably had an OV, not a balcony...:)

This is a "know your child" type situation. We took our 3 almost 4 y/o on an alaskan cruise and had a mini-suite. He is quite large but was not able to slide open the door, and quickly lost interest. But I echo a pp who suggested not to underestimate a determined child.

I was never concerned about our son wandering out on the balcony, but then either my husband or myself had him in visual contact except when we were asleep. My son isn't the "wake up silently and slip out" kind of kid...more of a "poke mommy in the eye and ask if she's awake yet." kind of kid.

This is a "know your child" type situation. We took our 3 almost 4 y/o on an alaskan cruise and had a mini-suite. He is quite large but was not able to slide open the door, and quickly lost interest. But I echo a pp who suggested not to underestimate a determined child.

I was never concerned about our son wandering out on the balcony, but then either my husband or myself had him in visual contact except when we were asleep. My son isn't the "wake up silently and slip out" kind of kid...more of a "poke mommy in the eye and ask if she's awake yet." kind of kid.

Absolutely adorable description of the most annoying thing that my kids would do......"Mommy, are you in there?" "poke", "poke", "poke." :eek:

Archived