Cruising alone, any advice?

Shandra22

I am booking on a 4 day December cruise on the Fascination, and I had a few questions. Do you have any advice for the solo cruiser? What do you all do for fun when you are travelling alone? Any suggestions? Has anyone been on the Fascination before? I plan on taking shore excursions, but I will do so in a ship sponsored event to prevent being left behind. Any advice on what to bring, and leave behind? I'll be 21 at the time of my cruise so I would like to do things that are age appropriate. Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Shandra,

Cruising alone can be a wonderful experience. Talk to other CC members on the "Roll Call" boards for your particular cruise. You will most likely find other pax cruising alone as well. Its almost imposible not to meet someone on your cruise that you have much in common with. With all do respect...a 4 day cruise is a tease. Is this your first?

John

Shandra, if you can change to a longer cruise, a 4 day crusie is so short, you are just getting comfortable and relaxing then you are off the ship. That is just my opinion :)

I have crusied alone many times and have crusied with friends. I enjoy cruising alone as it gives me space and I love to explore. Typically I do not do the shore excursions so I can not help there, I tend to go off on my own and try different things. You will enjoy your cruise and you will see that there are others who travel alone as well.

ENJOY :)

I've done 16 cruises as a solo and I highly recommend them. I would look for a longer cruise if I were you. The Fascination is an older ship and doesn't have nearly as many things to do as the newer ships.

Have your travel agent request a dining table of 8, with other singles. Nothing worst than being a single an sharing a dinner table with a family and their kids. Go to the shows and lounges. Play the games like trivia, where you'll meet other people. It's a good idea to take the ship's tours--it's another way to meet people.

Hi:)

I have been on 5 cruises in a row (all solo)...going again next month for my birthday:D

I agree with the previous posters....(Hi Darcie:) )!

Cruising solo is awesome!!!......You can do what you want, when you want....and it is really easy to meet people........cruisers are NICE people!

Oh...definitely book something longer.......I bet on the last evening of a 4 nighter you are just going to be getting into everything.......and will be like,

" I have to go home"???.........

Try a 7 nighter:) .......they are wonderful!

Traveling solo as a female was a very liberating feeling! In 1997 after reading an article titled, "10 Things Every Woman Should Do By Age 35" and number 7 being travel alone I booked a cruise the very next day! I was tired of not traveling because all my friends were either married, had just bought a house, paying off graduate school loans, etc.....Their excuses shouldn't stop me and off I went.

You'll find plenty to do both day and night. Check the daily newspaper and don't be afraid to participate in the various activities, games, etc...There are always plenty of people to join in with. That's what is great about a cruise and traveling solo!

Be careful what souvenirs you bring home, though. While on the ship I met a guy and we are now married! I claim it's the best souvenir I ever found particularly for the woman who vowed never to get married!

Archived