Meet & greet

FINTUCKYFARMS

I use invitations that I drop off at the Purser's desk right after I board. I ask that these be placed in their mailbox. If you don't have all the crew names, you can find the names in the Patter that is at the Purser's desk or ask someone at the Purser's desk. You might want to talk with the CD to see if a notice of the M&G will be placed in the Patter.

Most people prepare the invitations in advance and just add the names of the various officers when they gget onboard. Then they drop them at Reception.

If you contact the ships shore based "Group Services Manager" they will be able to give you the names of the crew you wish to invite before you board. Always nice to have their name printed on the invite instead of handwritten. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the advise. I have already contacted the correct person who set up a no host bar on our second day on the ship. She advised it would be placed in the Patter. I just wasn't sure what else I needed to do as this is my first time organizing one.

Thanks for the advise. I have already contacted the correct person who set up a no host bar on our second day on the ship. She advised it would be placed in the Patter. I just wasn't sure what else I needed to do as this is my first time organizing one.

Who did you contact for a meeting??

Just like to put in a word here.

On our last cruise, the captain wasn't able to meet up with us at the beginning of the cruise at our meet and greet since at the beginning he was too busy, but did arrange to meet with us at the end of the cruise. A wonderful second meeting was arranged later in the week and we had a wonderful and interesting hour to spend with the captain, cruise director and hotel manager of the ship. I was very impressed that all took time out of their busy schedules to meet with us.

Archived