Nook/Kindle - Where do you keep it?

junior8

Just wondering where you keep it when not in use or in port. Do you carry it everywhere? Put in safe? I'm asking because I will be going on a cruise July 2011 and wondering if my nook will be safe. Thanks

I just returned from my cruise and I have a Nook. I left it in my bedside drawer. It never occured to me that it would not be safe. I believe that the room attendants would not jeopardize their job by stealing such a small item.

Enjoy your cruise.

I don't worry at all about the room stewards stealing anything from the room, if that's your concern. I wouldn't leave it..or my cameras, binoculars, or other things anywhere near the door, in case somebody passing by has sticky fingers (the cabin doors are sometimes propped open while the steward is in your cabin, cleaning..)

I generally tidy up before I go off on an excursion, putting away any of my stuff I'm not taking with -- so the kindle would likely go in the bedside drawer.

If you're really concerned, it'll fit in the room safe.

OK, i give what is NOOK and KINDLE ?

Electronic reading devices. They're small, lightweight, rectangular..about the size of a large paperback, but much thinner. The NOOK is the product sold by Barnes and Noble; the Kindle from Amazon. You can download books -- up to 1,500 onto the Kindle (I don't know about Nook, but I own a Kindle) -- from the Amazon site, and from other places on the internet. There are many free books available (even from Amazon!), and books downloaded onto the Kindle from Amazon are generally cheaper than buying them as hardbound paper books.

There's really very little need to lock up the Kindle...it has virtually zero value to anyone else. The second you report your stolen to Amazon, it will be deactivated, and all books will be removed. They will not be able to reactivate it on another account, so it will basically be a paperweight.

Archived