past guest perks

lucyloo2

We haven't cruised for a long while (18 years or so) and are taking our kids on the Carnival Destiny next week. Carnival couldn't find us as past guests without proof. I am sure I have proof somewhere but is it worth it? What perks do you get as a past guest? This would be our third Carnival cruise.

We haven't cruised for a long while (18 years or so) and are taking our kids on the Carnival Destiny next week. Carnival couldn't find us as past guests without proof. I am sure I have proof somewhere but is it worth it? What perks do you get as a past guest? This would be our third Carnival cruise.

Since you already way past final payment, the past guest discount is out. The past guest party is a hit or miss thing no biggy.

My biggest thing with you trying to find the proof of three past cruises is if you plan on sailing Carnival more often, you want these cruise credits to get to Platinum faster (10 cruises)

Only thing I can think of is that as a past guest you get an invitation in your stateroom the night before the "past guest" party. That seems to always take place in the main showroom, and there are waiters who circulate with canapes, and free drinks ( red and white wine, sparking wine, and some mixed drinks like whisky sour and the like) You get to see some video of the history of Carnival cruiselines. It lasts about 45 mins to an hour.

It isnt that big a deal to me anymore, as I have seen that video already too many times. It is ok to pass an hour away before dinner though.

I would try to find something more concrete to tell Carnival about when, dates, ship, and where you cruised, so you can get established as a past guest, especially if you ever hope to acheive platinim status. Those two previous cruises will count. If you dont think you will ever do 10 cruises with Carnival, than dont worry about it. Only other thing I can think of is that there is a price reduction as a past guest, but I dont think it is very much.

Have a great cruise.:)

If you plan on cruising at least 8 more times with carnival in your lifetime-- thats reason enough.

To get to platinum you would be one cruise short.

Do you have any photos? they would take those as proof.

Since you already way past final payment, the past guest discount is out. The past guest party is a hit or miss thing no biggy.

My biggest thing with you trying to find the proof of three past cruises is if you plan on sailing Carnival more often, you want these cruise credits to get to Platinum faster (10 cruises)

past guest discount is still available for oceanview cabins with 2 in the room for $419 on the OP's cruise.

Bill

past guest discount is still available for oceanview cabins with 2 in the room for $419 on the OP's cruise.

Bill

So do you know for a fact that if she came up with proof this weekend she would get the discounted price?

So do you know for a fact that if she came up with proof this weekend she would get the discounted price?

I didnt see the OP post anything pertaining to the proof so that would be a no.:)

I don't even know how many in the OP's cabin.

Just put it out there in case they found a picture or something.

Bill

I have NEVER found any great perks with Carnival for being a past guest. As to the past guest discount, if you shop around you can book your cruise thru Carnival at a good rate and I've never found that great a discount for being a past guest. When my DH turned 55 we got a larger discount than past guest.

I have NEVER found any great perks with Carnival for being a past guest. As to the past guest discount, if you shop around you can book your cruise thru Carnival at a good rate and I've never found that great a discount for being a past guest. When my DH turned 55 we got a larger discount than past guest.

right now on the cruise i am booked on the past guest rate is $70pp cheaper than the fun select rate.

It may not be a great savings to you but I'd rather have it in my pocket then in CCL's pocket.

Bill

I have cruised 5 times with husband but this year I have 5 ladies who have NEVER cruised before going with me for a girls week. I know that I will receive the past guest party invitation but don't know if I can take all my other guests with me, just the ones in my cabin, or do I have to go by myself?

I have cruised 5 times with husband but this year I have 5 ladies who have NEVER cruised before going with me for a girls week. I know that I will receive the past guest party invitation but don't know if I can take all my other guests with me, just the ones in my cabin, or do I have to go by myself?

I can see asking for one guest to be allowed ... in fact with two of us platinum, we are hoping they allow ONE guest, since my sister will be married to him.

FIVE?? I would say no. I gave away my tickets to some newbies who were also dissallowed... but I wasnt with them asking them to be my guests, so they might have allowed each of us one guest ... five is crazy. (imo of course)

right now on the cruise i am booked on the past guest rate is $70pp cheaper than the fun select rate.

It may not be a great savings to you but I'd rather have it in my pocket then in CCL's pocket.

Bill

The first, and only, past guest rate that I noticed that was lower than other rates is for a Splendor sailing the week of Thanksgiving. My guess is that the past guest rates start to look good if the ship is needing to be filled close to sailing date.

Archived