Sofa bed and cots - help!

cs

Ugh, I'm going crazy here. We booked a category AC on the Dawn for 3 ladies traveling together. The TA didn't ask about the bed configuration so we called to ask that the beds were seperated. We were told they only have queen beds and couldn't seperate them. They said one person could sleep in the bed, one person could sleep on the sofa bed, and one person would have to sleep on a cot.

Our other choice was to get 2 balcony cabins for the same price as the AC cost us.

What would you do? Are the sofa bed and cot really uncomfortable? I hate to spend all that money and not be able to sleep at night.

Ugh, I'm going crazy here. We booked a category AC on the Dawn for 3 ladies traveling together. The TA didn't ask about the bed configuration so we called to ask that the beds were seperated. We were told they only have queen beds and couldn't seperate them. They said one person could sleep in the bed, one person could sleep on the sofa bed, and one person would have to sleep on a cot.

Our other choice was to get 2 balcony cabins for the same price as the AC cost us.

What would you do? Are the sofa bed and cot really uncomfortable? I hate to spend all that money and not be able to sleep at night.

I think you need to call your TA back because an AC on the Dawn will only accommodate 2 persons. They should have not been allowed to book three in this suite. The AB would be the next higher suite that will fit 3 people in separate beds.

I talked to the TA and he didn't seem to care. There are no other cabins above the AC so it's either take it or downgrade.

We booked yesterday and it's past final payment already so I wouldn't even know if we could cancel over this. We booked the suite for the perks and asked if we downgraded could we still get the suite perks (because of the mix up) and he said no.

It's one of those larger TA companies that you never get the same person twice so I should probably call back again. But I don't even know what to do. Should I take the 2 balcony cabins, minus the suite perks, for the same price? Or should I keep the suite and suck up the bedding situation?

ETA - I just looked on NCL site and it does say that a cat AC is for 2 people - BUT - it will let you book one for 3 people. I guess NCL is the one at fault there.

I think you need to call your TA back because an AC on the Dawn will only accommodate 2 persons. They should have not been allowed to book three in this suite. The AB would be the next higher suite that will fit 3 people in separate beds.

The ACs now hold 3 passengers and can be booked that way even on the NCL booking engine. They replaced the small loveseat with a single sofa bed. That still leaves the OP with two in the Queen and one on the sofa bed. Not sure where you could put a roll away with the new sofa bed open :confused:

The ACs now hold 3 passengers and can be booked that way even on the NCL booking engine. They replaced the small loveseat with a single sofa bed. That still leaves the OP with two in the Queen and one on the sofa bed. Not sure where you could put a roll away with the new sofa bed open :confused:

NCL didn't change the capacity on their website yet. It's still showing 2 passengers.

You are correct, we are going to have to share the bed and somebody will have to sleep on a sofa bed - not really my idea of a suite experience. I called NCL and they said they couldn't put a rollaway in there.

This is turning into an expensive headache and our TA hasn't helped much. He's been pretty rude when I asked him if he could look into different options for us (price for 2 balcony cabins or add an interior in additon to the suite). I guess he doesn't like to be bothered after the sale is made.

I'll stear clear from this TA in the future if they're gonna pout when the customer needs some assistance. And the kicker of it is that they charge a $15 fee for unlimited service - HA!

It appears that your TA did not explain fully your accommodations when you booked, you are probably lucky in that you said it is a large organization. This means that the TA, that you are talking with, is probably not the owner, or manager. I would investigate via the INTERNET, or other means, to find out the name of the owner and/or manager- and ask to speak to them directly- Explain the confusion with the bed situation- and ask them how they are going to "fix" the problem. . I have found that managers and owners, see the big picture- and are very interested in having happy customers. If the manager, does have an acceptable solution to your problem- I would write the owner, NCL customer service, and a copy to that manager. Stating the resolution you would find acceptable. Then...

If the TA does not come up with a acceptable solution, and you do not want to work with them further- I would call NCL directly, ask for the manager on duty- and find out how you can pull your reservation from the TA you have- the reason being they did not explain your accommodations fully, and you have tried to resolve the issues, and have been unable.

Calls and letters take time- but well, written- short- to the point, to upper management- normally- result in some accommodations. Give it a try.

RLBlack, thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't even thinking about contacting the higher ups.

We sail in about a month so I'm not sure a letter will get looked at before we leave. Maybe an email would go quicker? That's if I can find the email address.

I'm not sure if the Dawn AC is similar to the Spirit AC, but I traveled in May on the Spirit in an AC with two other women. We had one person in the bed, one person on the sleep sofa and one person on a rollaway. There was plenty of space in the living room for the sofa and the rollaway. Hope this helps.

I wish you luck. I would climb the chain of command for sure. If you are paying extra for this travel agency, then by golly, then service you should get not attitude. I hope everything gets straightened out quickly.

I wish you luck. I would climb the chain of command for sure. If you are paying extra for this travel agency, then by golly, then service you should get not attitude. I hope everything gets straightened out quickly.

Thank you. I managed to find a few email addresses and sent an email this morning to both the TA & NCL. I asked them if there was any other solution that we weren't thinking of to solve the bedding problem.

And yes, their price quote included a line that says "An additional $15.00 unlimited support fee (Except for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Regent, Silversea, Crystal and Azamara, bookings) will be added to the above quoted rate." They should change that to a $15 "Administrative Charge" if they really don't want to provide unlimited support.

KateQ22003 - I called NCL personally and they said they couldn't put a rollaway in the cabin.

Thank you. I managed to find a few email addresses and sent an email this morning to both the TA & NCL. I asked them if there was any other solution that we weren't thinking of to solve the bedding problem.

And yes, their price quote included a line that says "An additional $15.00 unlimited support fee (Except for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Regent, Silversea, Crystal and Azamara, bookings) will be added to the above quoted rate." They should change that to a $15 "Administrative Charge" if they really don't want to provide unlimited support.

KateQ22003 - I called NCL personally and they said they couldn't put a rollaway in the cabin.

Wow, this surprises me. But, it's amazing to me how many different answers you can get from NCL depending on who you talk to :)

In any case, good luck and have a wonderful trip!

The travel agent called us this morning and said she is working on a solution so we don't have to share a bed. She said she'd get back to us by the end of today. Crossing my fingers that she calls back with good news.

If only one person will have the bed, that person should probably pay a bit more than the other two. Alternatively, don't assign individuals to a sleeping location but swap out each night so each of you has the bed at least twice during the cruise.

After all that - we got a call from the travel agent that there are 2 twins in that cabin. NCL called the ship to see if a rollaway would fit in the cabin and the steward said there are two twins and a sofa bed.

At least we don't have to share a bed! We probably will end up rotating to the sofa bed because I'm sure it's uncomfortable. I hope we can get an egg crate at least.

They (TA and NCL) get an A+ for handling things quickly but an D- for not knowing what they're selling.

After all that - we got a call from the travel agent that there are 2 twins in that cabin. NCL called the ship to see if a rollaway would fit in the cabin and the steward said there are two twins and a sofa bed.

At least we don't have to share a bed! We probably will end up rotating to the sofa bed because I'm sure it's uncomfortable. I hope we can get an egg crate at least.

They (TA and NCL) get an A+ for handling things quickly but an D- for not knowing what they're selling.

REALLY two twin beds? I've never heard of that in an AC. Something doesn't seem right.

REALLY two twin beds? I've never heard of that in an AC. Something doesn't seem right.

I am of the same opinion. The only way this could be posible is if they were out of queen mattresses when they upgraded the bedding and put two twins in this cabin. As a rule all the AC,AE,and ADs are a true queen.

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that someone is giving you BS. NCL calling the ship to see if a rollaway would fit in the cabin and the steward said there are two twins and a sofa bed is not typical actions that NCL would do. Nope, I don't believe it for a second.

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that someone is giving you BS. NCL calling the ship to see if a rollaway would fit in the cabin and the steward said there are two twins and a sofa bed is not typical actions that NCL would do. Nope, I don't believe it for a second.

Uht oh. Maybe they're putting two twins in there for us and just told us they were already there?

Oh boy will I be fuming mad if I find out they lied to us intentionally so they don't have to bother with us.

I would call NCL and ask if its even possible to have twin beds in that room. I dont think you have to go through your TA to ask a question like that..

Just ask NCL what type of bed is in room XXXX. If they tell you its a queen, ask them if they are 100% sure for that room...

Then go postal on the TA

I would call NCL and ask if its even possible to have twin beds in that room. I dont think you have to go through your TA to ask a question like that..

Just ask NCL what type of bed is in room XXXX. If they tell you its a queen, ask them if they are 100% sure for that room...

Then go postal on the TA

I think I'll try that. But we all know that I could get 3 different answers from 3 different CSRs there. I'll post back what they say. Thanks for the suggestion.

I just got off the phone with NCL and they said that this stateroom does indeed have two convertible beds that can be converted into two twins.

Archived