Upgrade or not???

VicGuy

Arvo fellow cruisers.

Have been offered an upgrade to an outside cabin for next week sailing on the Pac Jewel for $50.00. Have taken it up and moved from an inside on Deck 10 to an outside on Deck 5. Not sure if i should stay on deck five with a window or ask to be moved back to an inside on deck 10.

Any thoughts???

Arvo fellow cruisers.

Have been offered an upgrade to an outside cabin for next week sailing on the Pac Jewel for $50.00. Have taken it up and moved from an inside on Deck 10 to an outside on Deck 5. Not sure if i should stay on deck five with a window or ask to be moved back to an inside on deck 10.

Any thoughts???

hi, to be offered an upgrade to an oceanview for $50 seems very good and deck 5 is ok but its up to you but if it was me i would pay the $50

rkmw

What's made you want to reconsider?

$50 isn't much extra for 8? nights, so I'd stick with that in your shoes. However, if you just want to save the money, or prefer inside, then see if you can go back to the original deal.

Why are they charging you extra?:eek:

Whenever we have been upgraded it has been complimentary , as it has allowed them to keep selling the lower priced cabins , and they upgrade those who have booked early , to cabins that have not been selling as well.

Thanks Kiwi Kruzer:). The charge was for upgrade from inside to outside. We've been offered an upgrade from inside "K" grade on deck 10 to outside "GG" grade on deck 5. Maybe i naively expected that we would be on the same deck but swap to outside on deck 10.

The only time i have had an outside cabin is on deck 4 of the Pac Dawn with two portholes. My trip on the Pac Sun was in an inside cabin on Empress (7) deck.

I'm bringing my brother and sister in law on their first cruise and want them to have the best time possible. This would be the main reason i'm a bit hesitant.

Is there any difference in size between the decks or is it unnoticable. Not that i'm planning on spending much time there (besides sleeping:))

Thanks Kiwi Kruzer:).Is there any difference in size between the decks or is it unnoticable. Not that i'm planning on spending much time there (besides sleeping:))

I dont think you will notice any difference in the size of the cabins.

They are all a standard size until you get up to the Suites.

The Jewel's inside NN grade and outside restricted II (assuming they have left them the same as on OV) are actually a bit smaller, the other grades are all the same.

Deck 5 outside seems good, two decks away from the main ents area, same deck or one below for disembarking/tender..

The only dis-ad is a long trek up to the sun deck (or use the lift each time).

Sounds a good offer..

And having the sun setting through the cabin window or 1st thing looking out as you arrive is so much more enjoyable....

I would always prefer an outside cabin to an inside cabin-irrespective of what deck- lifts are easy to use

and deck 5 is actually quite a handy deck to be on

Once you have had an outside cabin you'll be pleased you had it-

You know the time of day and get light and can dry clothes out on the large window sill of you window/porthole

Archived