Slippers, Doc Dance and My Blog

colomom

As I narrow down my packing list I have a question (or two). I have seen reference to provided robes on the Navigator but, I am not sure about slippers. Would they be provided for guests in an F category stateroom?

I am also very excited about receiving my documents from Regent. Can anyone give me an idea about how far in advance of the cruise they should be delivered? Do they come in the mail?

Finally, I wanted to let you know that I have created a blog for our cruise (see my signature for link) and it is now open to anyone for viewing.

As always, thank you very much for all your helpful advice and information. I would have been a nervous wreck without you all.

There will be slippers in your suite. We typically receive our documents a month before the cruise. We have received them as early as 6 weeks before and as late as 3 weeks. They generally come Fed Ex (although it varies since it now goes through your TA first -- unless you booked directly through Regent). You must be very excited. Looking forward to reading your blog. :)

There will be slippers in your suite. We typically receive our documents a month before the cruise. We have received them as early as 6 weeks before and as late as 3 weeks. They generally come Fed Ex (although it varies since it now goes through your TA first -- unless you booked directly through Regent). You must be very excited. Looking forward to reading your blog. :)

Thank you TC2...any day now I'll do the doc dance!

The packing lists on this site are huge and I understand that for some ships a lot of little things (ie: over the door shoe organizer, duct tape, clothespins, etc.) would be useful but, for Regent...

What should I definitely NOT bring?

I'll can think of a few things -- others will probably know more.

Hairdryer

Clothespins (unless you prefer to use them on the clothesline over the tub)

Shampoo, Conditioner

Alarm Clock

There is one thing you do need to think about that you may not have yet. . . . . since you have to put your suitcases out at 11:00 p.m. the night before departure. . . . and, if you are taking a flight the next morning, you cannot pack your mouthwash and toothpaste (and any other liquids) in your carry-on unless they are 3 oz. of less. So, I purchase a small tube of toothpaste and mouthwash -- they easily fit in the quart size plastic bag in your carry-on. Make sure you have a complete outfit out -- ready to put on in the morning (it sounds easy -- but, on one cruise I had to walk off of the ship in my slippers because I forgot the shoes:o)

What brand of shampoo does Regent supply in the suites? I've noticed a couple of complaints recently, more because of the container than because of the product itself. I don't mind bringing my own shampoo if necessary.

The packing lists on this site are huge and I understand that for some ships a lot of little things (ie: over the door shoe organizer, duct tape, clothespins, etc.) would be useful but, for Regent...

What should I definitely NOT bring?

I would not bring the over the door shoe organizer! While those are handy in more cramped quarters to keep clutter down, there will be ample room & drawers in the stateroom & bathroom as well as the walk-in closet. The duct tape is a funny one, we used to take a small role w/ us & the only time it came in handy was for an airline-damaged bag that we had to tape shut to fly. lol I would leave it at home as well!

What brand of shampoo does Regent supply in the suites? I've noticed a couple of complaints recently, more because of the container than because of the product itself. I don't mind bringing my own shampoo if necessary.

I would like to know this as well. Forgot to ask when we were on the Mariner in May and there wasn't any identifier on the small plastic bottles. the shape is tapered & allows them to rest down in the metal grate in the shower, but the container is hard to squeeze...

I LOVED when they had Aveda products a while back. They are only available in some salons and are a wonderful product. Oh well...we know lots of things change as times get tougher...

I wouldn't be without the over the door organzier. I put my shoes in it, accessories and small things.

I bring a pop up hamper for my laundry. It fits nicely in the closet and is the size of my suitcase when flat. You can pack it for the way home fully loaded and it has handles if you do your own laundry so it's useful as a basket. You do not need soap or softener - it's provided but dryer sheets are good to use in the dryer since there is no softener allowed. We usually do one or two loads of unmentionables.

A nightlight is nice to have for the bathroom and we bring a surge strip for the desk for plugging in batteries and phones that need charging. There is limited electrical outlets on the desk.

I bring my clothes and cosmetics, some books (usually too many), camera, and that's it. There is plenty of storage room in the closet.

Now if I were going on a world cruise, yes, the shoe organizer would be a good thing.

The lack of alarm clock bugs me, but I use the automated wakeup call, and it has never failed.

The less stuff I have to haul around, the better.

As far as "brand" of shampoo, the regular suites have "Regent" shampoo, so it is some generic. It works fine, but the new bottles are hard to get into. The butler suites also have Hermes products, which my husband likes a lot.

some of the online packing lists are just so funny to read! - sounds like they're going camping sometimes! - but on topic - and maybe you know this - beach towels, water bottle (unless you prefer taking your own on excursions), - my best packing advice would be to divide your clothes - half in your partner's suitcase, half in your's - just in case a bag got lost, you'd at least have some of your clothes! -

j

some of the online packing lists are just so funny to read! - sounds like they're going camping sometimes! - but on topic - and maybe you know this - beach towels, water bottle (unless you prefer taking your own on excursions), - my best packing advice would be to divide your clothes - half in your partner's suitcase, half in your's - just in case a bag got lost, you'd at least have some of your clothes

ITA - it's like taking your entire "house" w/ you!!

This clothing tip reminds me of my favorite packing suggestion... lay out all of the clothing you plan to take...then put half of it back!! I'm a notorious over-packer, and even after I do this I have too much, lol, but this has helped me a lot.

So I now do bring a power strip (as mentioned), digital clock that lights in the dark, and a few small electronics (camera, iPod, maybe laptop). I have learned, over the years, that less is really better - traveling light (well, relatively light, for me), is freeing. :)

Archived