Guaranteed cabins?

zandk

Iv seen it show even before final payment .. fluke?? I have yet to not know before I board, and Iv booked very last minute guarantees ... and they all showed my assignement before we went.

i.e. people can post when they got theirs ... but your assignment might be in a different time frame. Its all a guess.

On our Valor cruise we knew several weeks in advance and we got what we booked...an OV...on an RCI cruise (the only other guarantee we've done) we didn't find out until we showed up at the port. We had booked an inside guarantee and were upgraded to an OV on that one. So it can be anytime, but from what I read here, more often that not, you find out fairly close to cruising time if not the day of.

How far in advance do you find out what your guaranteed cabin number is? This of course is after you have made your final payment.

There is apparently no rhyme or reason as to when the cabin numbers are assigned. I recieved mine shortly after making my final payment and 96 days before my sail date.

I'm a little confused. We booked our cruise on Carnival back in April, and we don't cruise until November. When we booked it through Travelocity, they asked about staterooms, and we requested the ones with portholes. If I login to Carnival.com, it already gives me my stateroom assignment. Am I missing something? Why do I have it so early when so many others are waiting so long?

I'm a little confused. We booked our cruise on Carnival back in April, and we don't cruise until November. When we booked it through Travelocity, they asked about staterooms, and we requested the ones with portholes. If I login to Carnival.com, it already gives me my stateroom assignment. Am I missing something? Why do I have it so early when so many others are waiting so long?

Because we booked our cabin as a guaranteed cabin. They will pick our cabin for us.

Now I am a little scared that I will get put in a bad area.:(

My TA said that we will be put on Empress, but when I check on-line there are only a few left. I am wondering if I should have her book our rooom.

My experience has been from 71 days to 5 days.

There is no other place to find your cabin assignment than the Carnival web site...

:)

That's for sure!!! I just got mine on Friday (37 days before we leave) and Final deposit was in June. Trust me, I checked Carnival's site every 3-4 hrs since April:D

Because we booked our cabin as a guaranteed cabin. They will pick our cabin for us.

Now I am a little scared that I will get put in a bad area.:(

My TA said that we will be put on Empress, but when I check on-line there are only a few left. I am wondering if I should have her book our rooom.

There are probably more rooms available than you are allowed to see. Also, I booked a 8C cat for my Labor Day cruise, and just received the room assignment on Friday, because they sold out of the 8C....I got an upgrade to 8K, extended balcony, mid ship!! WOOHOO!!

Archived