Unpleasant stuff on the Miracle :(

SailBabySail

We were on the Miracle July 2-10 and I have to tell you that some people have no business being on a cruise ship. Let me say first that the cruise was fabulous and we could not have asked for anything better (except for the couple of days of rain). The crew, food, everything was wonderful. This was our second time on the Miracle and I love that ship.

What I found to be disgusting first was that the ladies room in the Lido aft deck was unusable due to overflowing toilets because someone had flushed some nasty stuff in there. Can't they read the signs posted in the bathrooms? Secondly, people were ordering food delivered to their cabins and then leaving them uneaten with the food getting strewn all over the carpet outside cabin. Then there were the kids taking the soft serve ice cream and dropping it on the floor and then walking away and an older women did not see it and just about broke her neck trying to catch herself from slipping on it. Then a steward had just placed a tray by the ice cream machines filled with a fresh supply of bowls and a kid reached up and knocked the whole thing down all while his mother watched...they walked away! The final straw came when I was sitting in the Lido aft area and there were 4 young men (early 20 somethings) sitting at a table....one of them cleared his throat and spit it out on the floor. How gross and disgusting. Do these people do this stuff at home? The crew works hard and no matter what they always have a smile and a pleasant greeting for the passengers. I don't think they should be treated like personal servants. Hats off to the crew of the Carnival Miracle and to all of the inconsiderate low-lives out there do us all a favor and stay home.

Needed to vent....thanks for reading.

I sat and watched while parents with at least 4 children, the little boy took the plastic flower centerpiece and pulled it apart leaf by leaf until it was totally destroyed. I so wanted to say something to the kid I was watching destroy the centerpiece and his mom not saying word 1.

A cruise can be entertaining ... no doubt. I also have seen kids with brillant manners.

Bravo! Some think they own the ship and show no consideration for anyone but themselves! It amazes me the way some people act on cruises. I think some check their brains and manners at the gangway! I found some of the worst are some of the older passengers. They think the world owes them something and will push you out of the way, cut in line and not even a please or excuse me. I have been hit by a few scooters on cruises and those buggars leave marks.

Please everyone, think how hard the crew works and a please and thank you go along way to them!:)

For some reason, some folks act like pigs when they're not at home with their own stuff (or, who knows, maybe they act like that at home, too!)...We have rental property and some of our renters act like they were raised in a zoo...I simply don't understand it. Even in a hotel, I keep a room neat...if I spill something, I clean it up. I don't "trash" anyplace...what's with people, anyway?

The whole problem is these kids probably do act that way at home and get away with it.

Why Yes, yes they do...I wanted to advise a mom just yesterday, to please mind her child in the Grocery store.

I mean he was out of control, punching things, and squeaking toys, and so on...

The parents didn't flinch...:eek:

I suppose because they are numb to it.

But the rest of the store was getting annoyed, and as far away as possible.;)

(sarcastic voice) Well, Geez! I mean I can't believe that you have the nerve to complain about these people! I mean they are on vacation, and PAID to be on the ship. Shouldn't they be able to behave anyway they want?

Now in all seriousness, that is HORRIBLE. I am glad to see though that you still had a great cruise and didn't let those other people affect YOUR vacation.

Talli

Bravo! Some think they own the ship and show no consideration for anyone but themselves! It amazes me the way some people act on cruises. I think some check their brains and manners at the gangway! I found some of the worst are some of the older passengers. They think the world owes them something and will push you out of the way, cut in line and not even a please or excuse me. I have been hit by a few scooters on cruises and those buggars leave marks.

Please everyone, think how hard the crew works and a please and thank you go along way to them!:)

Well, it's their vacation and they paid good money to go on a cruise so it should be all about THEM, right?? :rolleyes::rolleyes: I'll never understand that attitude. Even on vacation I try to be considerate of those around me.

I've seen those scooter-people before--had one on one cruise who seemed to enjoy blocking areas so other passengers couldn't get through. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

My kids think I'm silly when I tell them to pick up their swimsuits off the bathroom floor and hang them up (or whatever they need to do at the time). "The steward isn't your maid!" They don't just leave them on the floor at home, so why do it on a cruise ship? They learn pretty quickly though. :)

Sorry to say that this does not surprise me at all. We now live in the ME, ME, Me generation. Manners has taken a back seat in today's world...

That is because we are raising a generation of undisciplined children. Twenty years ago some genious told us to stop discipline. No spanking , no yelling , just calm.....

Twenty years later we are paying the ultimate price. Children are going into the school and gunning down their peers and teachers. There is no respect from Parents, students and teachers.

Teacher tell student, parent can't spank you, yell at you etc. Child doesn't learn to respect parent. Parent loses respect for the teacher and inturn doesn't care what teacher does or say or what their child does to teacher. Teacher loses respect for child. It has become a vicious cycle...

Children as young as 10 years are murdering. Please God, don't let it happen for another 20 years....

I hope some other genious wakes up and says we've made a terrible mistake...

Bible say" Spare the rod, spoil the child"....:eek:

Why do people have to be so disgusting? It blows my mind.

Why.........because it's their vacation too....and they paid good money for their little darlings....and their little darlings can do whatever they want!!! :rolleyes:

Happens at schools, doctor's offices, stores, libraries, offices, etc., all the time anymore. I use sign language now because I bit my tongue off a few years ago!! :eek:

That is because we are raising a generation of undisciplined children. Twenty years ago some genious told us to stop discipline. No spanking , no yelling , just calm.....

Yes, and I don't think he (Dr. Spock) ever had children of his own, did he?

While I mostly enjoy being around the nice and courteous people I meet, I am always stunned by the attitude of those who act like they bought the ship--not just a week on it.:(:mad:

I just have to get in on this. I believe it is because there is no accountability anymore. If your child does something wrong or annoying, a worker should step in and hold the parent accountable - or the person who did it. If this results in an argument, on a ship they can be kicked off. At a business, they can be asked to leave. Unfortunately, this would probably result in a lawsuit - and they would win - juries give anyone anything. There is just not enough accountability anymore for not behaving in an appropriate manner in many areas of life anymore - and I personally believe it is affecting the whole of society. Sorry - but this is a pet peeve of mine and it just infuriates me sometimes. I can deal with chair hogs, shorts in the dining room, etc - but rude behavior is just something I don't get - from adults as well as children. I sometimes think that people who act like servers (whether they are waiters in a restaurant, store clerks, cruise ship workers, etc) are their personal slaves - and are just rude to them - have such pathetic lives themselves that they have no power over much of their lives, and these are the only places they can act like they have power, because these people are paid to try to serve - and in most cases their lives depend upon their jobs. Again, sorry if I offended anyone - but crass rudeness irritates me - as does not taking personal responsibility for one's own actions. And I believe there is a big difference between being assertive and being rude

When you have 2000 or more people you're gonna get a pretty good cross section of society. The good and the ones that stand out. The latter will stand out even more when you're confined to a dozen or so decks 1000 ft long and 100 ft wide. Depending on your luck you may encounter the same ones several times.

The argument 'we paid, it's OUR vacation and we'll do what we want to as long as it's legal or we don't get caught' is used to excuse any boorish behavior or lack of manners. So is that a good defence? Seems to work for many when the issue of dress code comes up. This isn't much different although lots of people will now point out the minor differences I'm sure.

I can chaulk up the messy little urchins to poor parenting BUT the guy who spit on the deck and the woman who clogged the toilet with her feminine product after unloading is what I find utterly disgusting as they are old enough to know better. It made me sick to think the crew had to clean this stuff up.

The kids can be partially excused. But when the adults exhibit no manners, that is a different storey. One of my cruises, they had a large container of ice with a scoop sitting on the counter next to the tea dispenser. A lady came up, ignored the scoop and stuck her hand in the ice, allowed the water to drain back in the ice container, then placed the ice in her glass and moved on. And so did I. There is no excuse for that.

I work as a police dispatcher and I can't tell you how often we receive calls to "parent" a child. One of my favourites is "Johnny won't go to school and I want an officer to come make him" and worse we have to send one!

I understand your frustration...I will never understand how people can be so inconsiderate, let alone so friggin sloppy.

I work as a police dispatcher and I can't tell you how often we receive calls to "parent" a child. One of my favourites is "Johnny won't go to school and I want an officer to come make him" and worse we have to send one!

holy crap :eek:

Just my opinion, but I think it all started with the "Dr. Spock" generation! Just what the hell is a "time out"? How about a good whack on the butt? (No, I don't mean a beating,,,but a little bit of discipline certainly wouldn't hurt the child, or anybody else. :cool:

"SKY"

I work in the education field. Just recently i had a student pull a knife on another student and then hold it to my throat and threaten that I don't say a word...

Kids light cigarettes in hall , swear and use bad behavior. Call the parents and they say" not my Johnny ! What did you do to provoke him"...

There is no accountability and no discipline. Our hands are tied !!!

The14 year old that pulled the knife on the other sutdent got two weeks suspension ! Yup, he wasn't charged because we couldn't identfy the color of the knife ( Hard to do when you are in shock) and it is against your neck ....

Scary thing, they will soon be lethal adults with no boundries , no direction and no regard for society. Then they will produce offspring....

Archived