A-1 on freedom?

We went to the MDR and Chops and had steak but never asked for A-1. My husband is an A-1 addict and he NEVER asked for it on this trip. They had different sauces you could put on your steak. Myhusband liked the Cabernet Reduction.

If you put A-1 Sauce on a steak in Chops, I think the chef would be insulted, and kick you out!!!!! A-1 is for those cheap steaks you get at Denny's.

HMMmm I have to question that train of thought. I pay upwards of $10. a pound for our Sunday steaks at home and although I am fine with just cutting in and eating eat (I marinate it before cooking mmmmm) my DH does pour some A-1 on his plate as he is eating and dip dip dip :eek:

We like to think of ourselves as steak snobs too. I believe nothing beats a perfectly cooked ribeye, while my husband is a filet mignon guy. Unfortunately we have upper class food tastes on a blue color budget! That being said, we do splurge on our meats at the local butcher and although I think A1 is too strong for a nice filet, my husband would go through a bottle per steak if I'd let him! I'm more of a Worcesteshire sauce girl myself..but just a hint of it. It's all in personal taste I guess.

I'm glad to hear that the steaks at Chops are really good. My husband pours A-1 on every steak he eats.

I can see it now: He gets called to the naughty room over a bottle of steak sauce. :D

They have it in the MDR for sure....Big restaraunt sized bottles of it or at least on the Monarch they did.......I am sure they have it in Chops and Portofino too or could get it.

I used a little on the MDR new york strip and sirloin but not on the upcharge 14.95 Chops filet of my mothers that I wound up eating just about all of on the first night.

I had steak all 3 nights on board the Monarch. Talking about REAL adventurous! :rolleyes: lol

I would also say the steaks you get in Chops need no additional anything. I would be surprised if they even had A1 in Chops.

I bet they'd get it for you, if you asked, but someone's going to be rolling his/her eyes as they go get A1 sauce for you to put on your premium steak. ;)

I bet they'd get it for you, if you asked, but someone's going to be rolling his/her eyes as they go get A1 sauce for you to put on your premium steak. ;)

LOL! no doubt

I know a few people that completely RUIN a good steak with ketchup! :eek:

Its all about what a person likes I guess. lol.

Some people, no matter what their upbringing, no matter the quality or cut of the meat refuse to enjoy it without A-1. My daughter is the self-proclaimed "condiment queen." She slathers her steak in A-1, covers her fries with ketchup, has ketchup and mustard on her hot dogs and...dips our Southern fried okra in ranch dressing :eek: and as she says, "enjoys HER food, HER way." She says she's not encouraging you to do it, but she likes what she likes. That's the great thing about a cruise. Everyone gets things done their way. Her son hates ketchup but insists on hot sauce with lots of dishes. We had a hard time finding that on the cruise ship a few years ago and he "smuggled" a bottle into his luggage and we found it sitting in the middle of the table in the MDR on night one.

LOL! no doubt

I know a few people that completely RUIN a good steak with ketchup! :eek:

Its all about what a person likes I guess. lol.

LOL! I almost died when I had my mom over for a nice steak dinner and she said " I haven't had a steak like this in a long time!" and then proceded to pour ketchup all over it! :eek:

Archived