Irons in rooms?

cjmbcruiser

Can someone tell me if there are irons and ironing boards in Carnival balcony rooms? Thanks!

nope, irons are one of the forbidden items.

There are irons located in the laundry rooms.

You will not find an iron in any cabin on any ship. These are a fire hazzard.

Ha ha no no of course I won't bring my own iron! We are cruising Carnival Legen and I know my husbands dress shirts will be a wrinkled mess after we have packed and taken a 3 1/2 hour flight. As long as there are irons in the public laundry room that's great. Thanks!

Ha ha no no of course I won't bring my own iron! We are cruising Carnival Legen and I know my husbands dress shirts will be a wrinkled mess after we have packed and taken a 3 1/2 hour flight. As long as there are irons in the public laundry room that's great. Thanks!

No reason your husband's shirt need to be a wrinkled mess.

I sometimes pack as much as a week in advance and his crisp shirts come out of the suitcase just fine.

I hang his shirts on wire dry cleaner hangers, place a dry cleaner bag over the shirt after being sure the sleeve are carefully placed flat and neat over the body of the shirt. If using a garment bag, place the shirt flat in the bag. If using a duffle, you can pack until bag is almost full and lay the shirt near the top carefully tucking the sides of the shirt down over the articles beneath it or fold in half whole thing in the dry cleaner bag and lay on top. I've never taken his shirts out wrinkled.

I do the same with my dresses.... depending upon fabric, I sometimes place a dry cleaner bag on the hanger, then hang the dress over it and another bag over it. Everything comes out of the bag just fine.

I use kitchen trash can liners. THey are thin and work just as well. I layer my clothes between the liners so they are not all mushed together.

IF needed an iron-- you want to avoid the laundry areas most of the day on formal nights-- who wants to go on vacation and stand in line.

were they ever in the cabins?...i mean this isnt a hotel..i just dont get when people ask about irons in the cabins:eek::confused:

Please take into consideration that the poster is a newbie and has no idea what is in a cabin. Heck, take into consideration the poster may be never stayed in a hotel.

If you don't get why they ask it-- just skip over those posts.

Archived