Fee for paper docs

PSCruiser

I just had X email me a copy of my booking to be sure that some OBC had been applied. The second line had CFDI-DOC ISSUE FEE $35.00! I had selected paper docs in my online reservation.

Next, I went to the website reservation, and sure enough, the $35 was on there. I changed to email docs and it disappeared.

I couldn't find anywhere on the website where this fee was mentioned, so watch your reservation to be sure this isn't added.

I've been wondering what that $35 charge was for on my reservation.

I've always signed up for paper docs before. It was a nice free memento of the trip, but not $35 nice. I'll switch to email docs.

Thanks for solving this mystery.

Celebrity spends under $2.00 for the material....and most of it you can get on line IF you need it at all.

SAVE the $35.00 and select e-docs, even if you don't have luggage tags you can get them at time of boarding at the pier.

Had I realized what a non necessity this was I would of gone paperless...live and learn, Less to spend on board!!! BAD Celebrity!!!:mad:

Laurie

I just had X email me a copy of my booking to be sure that some OBC had been applied. The second line had CFDI-DOC ISSUE FEE $35.00! I had selected paper docs in my online reservation.

Next, I went to the website reservation, and sure enough, the $35 was on there. I changed to email docs and it disappeared.

I couldn't find anywhere on the website where this fee was mentioned, so watch your reservation to be sure this isn't added.

The $35 fee IS mentioned on their website, and if you don't want paper docs, don't select that option. No need to watch your reservation if you didn't select them. You will not be charged. And, you can still get luggage tags - no fee - just order them at the X site.

The reservation defaults to the e-doc option. You have to mark the box to get paper docs and that is when the $35 fee kicks in. I, too, always liked the paper docs, partially because I wanted the preprinted luggage tags. Now that Celebrity will mail you the tags, it doesn't matter so much.

The e-docs are an annoyance--we printed them out so we'd have our cruise contract & other essential info with us on the trip... so we are absorbing the cost instead of X . They will also be cumbersome to travel with-- on our next trip we'll just print out the pages that are essential as there is alot of fluff that could be eliminated...

We ordered the tags after making final payment & receiving the e-docs.They arrived shortly after we requested them. We are concierge class & they sent us 16 luggage tags for a 7 day cruise to Bermuda---

If they pared down the docs to essentials they could mail them out with tags...

The e-docs are an annoyance--we printed them out so we'd have our cruise contract & other essential info with us on the trip... so we are absorbing the cost instead of X . They will also be cumbersome to travel with-- on our next trip we'll just print out the pages that are essential as there is alot of fluff that could be eliminated...

We ordered the tags after making final payment & receiving the e-docs.They arrived shortly after we requested them. We are concierge class & they sent us 16 luggage tags for a 7 day cruise to Bermuda---

If they pared down the docs to essentials they could mail them out with tags...

There is no need to print out the e-docs. There is nothing there that you need to carry with you to go on your cruise. These docs are informational only. All you need is the Xpress pass with your passport.

For the poster who couldn't find any mention of $35 doc fee - go to FAQ and you will see:

If you choose to receive your documents by mail, they will be printed and sent to the address you provided and a $35 printed document fee will be added to your reservation.

Just checked our rez and found this:

Ticket Delivery Preferences: Electronic Format

To modify, please click here.

The default is electronic, so to incur the $35 fee, you'd have to activate the modify option.

For the poster who couldn't find any mention of $35 doc fee - go to FAQ and you will see:

Oh, OK - but I think it would be nice if they would mention the $35 fee right there were you check that you want paper docs!

Oh, OK - but I think it would be nice if they would mention the $35 fee right there were you check that you want paper docs!

I couldn't agree with you more!!:) Celebrity makes us "work" for every little tid-bit of information, don't they? The only reason I was so aware of it was from my last cruise - some other people experienced the same.

At Celebrity, we make your embarkation experience even more enjoyable by tending to the details ahead of time. This includes providing qualified guests with their personalized ship luggage tags weeks before their cruise. Each Luggage Tag Mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment. Simply attach your luggage tags to the appropriate luggage items prior to your arrival, and we'll whisk them to your stateroom upon embarkation.

How do I receive my luggage tags?

Subject: Online Check-in and Documentation

North American guests who have received their electronic cruise document (eDoc) and have an assigned stateroom number may request their complimentary luggage tags by logging on to Online Check-in

Once you log-in (providing your name, last name, ship & sail date), select "request" in the Luggage Tags section of the Cruise Documentation Page to submit. A set of eight complimentary self-adhesive, printed luggage tags will be mailed via the United States Postal Service to the North American mailing address provided in your request form. The tags color coded & customized to your ship, sailing date & stateroom.

Luggage tags may be requested as soon as you receive your eDoc, up until 14 days prior to sailing. Luggage tags will be available upon arrival at the pier for guest with a guaranty stateroom or for guests who do not submit a request at least 14 days prior to sailing.

If you receive printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book.

Archived