Will two cribs fit in a standard balcony room on one of the conquest class ships?

sblahars

Thinking of going on a cruise next summer, my kids will be 2 1/2 at the time, and I wanted to know if a balcony cabin would be big enough to fit two cribs. I've not been in a carnival balcony, only an inside room. I've been in other balcony cabins on Royal Caribbean, Princess, Holland America, but not sure how the Carnival cabins compare.

Thanks

A balcony cabin is 185 s.f. same as a inside, it just has a 35 s.f. (or larger) balcony attached to it.

Picture that inside cabin ....and thats the size. It sure would be tight. You have to get a quad, so two uppers or one upper and one convertible sofa in a balcony.

A balcony cabin is 185 s.f. same as a inside, it just has a 35 s.f. (or larger) balcony attached to it.

Picture that inside cabin ....and thats the size. It sure would be tight. You have to get a quad, so two uppers or one upper and one convertible sofa in a balcony.

That doesn't sound right. If I look at travelocity, yes, it says they are all 185 sq ft, however, just looking at the pictures, there is clearly a separate sitting area with a couch and table, and I'm 100% certain that there wasn't room for that in the inside cabin that I had been in.

That doesn't sound right. If I look at travelocity, yes, it says they are all 185 sq ft, however, just looking at the pictures, there is clearly a separate sitting area with a couch and table, and I'm 100% certain that there wasn't room for that in the inside cabin that I had been in.

Go to cruisedeckplans.com and click on Carnival and then on the Conquest, and it will show you s.f. for the cabins. Iv been on Conquest 3 or 4 times in the last couple of years. Look at my post count. lol, seriously I wouldnt tell you they both were 185 s.f. if it wasnt true. Of course there are some exceptions, but for the standard cabins I promise both are 185 s.f.

I get a OV on Conquest or a PT (bargain with two port holes) for instance. OVs on Conquest are 220 s.f. and I love the larger cabin.

....PS ya know that might be a good idea getting a OV, for the extra space in the quad, you will want the floor space.

This sounds identical to a post on carnival dot com under carnival dot com feedback.

She had a bad time. Her twins were also two and a half years old and she also booked a balcony cabin on the Conquest and the cribs did fit, but they blocked the balcony door, which infuriated that poster.

Another option is to book a quad with the fold out couch and let the twins sleep together on the fold out. Not sure if that would be within your comfort level or not.

I honestly can't recall the age that I transitioned our youngest to the "big boy" bed, it's been 17 years! I think it might be reasonable though...

Another option is to book a quad with the fold out couch and let the twins sleep together on the fold out. Not sure if that would be within your comfort level or not.

I honestly can't recall the age that I transitioned our youngest to the "big boy" bed, it's been 17 years! I think it might be reasonable though...

The couches dont fold out though. The pillows on the back of them are taken off and its made up as a bed.

Serene who posts down in the cabin questions area, said they did two small ones end to end on a convertible sofa. One head on each end.

At 2 and a half years,they should be in a regular bed!! That would make life easier;)

I can't speak for the OP, but that would definitely NOT make life easier for me with my 2.5 year old! She needs confinement to sleep! She is nowhere near ready for a big girl bed. I'm OK with her being in her crib until she's 25. :D

My memory is fuzzy with my last cruise being a few years ago and it being at least 5 years since I've sailed Conquest class. I think it will be a tight fit, but you might be able to do it. Your room will be severely cramped though. If you could bring a pack & play for each of them, at least you would be able to collapse them to make more room for getting around the room during the day.

Good luck! It may very well be that they are ready for big boy/girl beds at that age.

Thinking of going on a cruise next summer, my kids will be 2 1/2 at the time, and I wanted to know if a balcony cabin would be big enough to fit two cribs. I've not been in a carnival balcony, only an inside room. I've been in other balcony cabins on Royal Caribbean, Princess, Holland America, but not sure how the Carnival cabins compare.

Thanks

You might want to post your question here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

on the family cruising board. Lots of folks there have cruised Carnival with their kids, and would have first hand experience with taking two toddlers with them.

Archived