There's an Ap for that

paulekrause

Just found an ap for the iPhone or iPod touch called Ship Mate by Carnival. It is a free ap that lets you track everything for your cruise. Just input the ship and date and all the excursions, ship info and more are available to you as well as the ability to list expenses on board and contact info for people you meet. It is self contained so you don't need the internet to use it. I've played with it a little and found it somewhat useful and somewhat fluff.

Paul

Just found an ap for the iPhone or iPod touch called Ship Mate by Carnival. It is a free ap that lets you track everything for your cruise. Just input the ship and date and all the excursions, ship info and more are available to you as well as the ability to list expenses on board and contact info for people you meet. It is self contained so you don't need the internet to use it. I've played with it a little and found it somewhat useful and somewhat fluff.

Paul

I have an Ipad and found this too. I filled it with roll call people and cabin numbers. I'm traveling with a large group and this is going to be invaluable keeping up with everyone. We also have a cabin crawl and door decor to see...

It's a third party app, so it's not created or maintained by Carnival. There is a Ship Mate version for RCI, Norwegian, and CCL as well. Basically, you can put in any ship and date to start the fun of planning. And on FB, the creator gives update information and tips.

Very cool - I'll definitely be downloading that one!!

I personally like Tripit - it's great for managing all of the details of your non-cruise travel. You just set up an account online, and then email all of your confirmations to plans@tripit.com and they are added to your trip. It's super cool.

Am I a geek, or what?

Very cool - I'll definitely be downloading that one!!

I personally like Tripit - it's great for managing all of the details of your non-cruise travel. You just set up an account online, and then email all of your confirmations to plans@tripit.com and they are added to your trip. It's super cool.

Am I a geek, or what?

I don't think you are a geek.

I will also download and check out Ship Mate. I also use Tripit for all of my travel -- it is awesome. It has versions for Blackberry, Android, and iPhone. I'll have to see if Ship Mate really adds anything over Tripit to make it worth using but it's free so I can try it out.

I was putting off buying the iphone until bugs are fixed but now.... gotta have the cruise ap.

The iPhone is totally awesome - I don't know how I ever lived without it.

I really think that a lot of the "bugs" that you hear about are overhyped in the media.

I was putting off buying the iphone until bugs are fixed but now.... gotta have the cruise ap.

The iPhone is totally awesome - I don't know how I ever lived without it.

I really think that a lot of the "bugs" that you hear about are overhyped in the media.

I gotta agree with bankerbabe. I just got my iPhone 4 a month ago. I'm a long time blackberry user and had made a detour to the Droid for 3 months late last year before returning to the BB. Even after I ordered the phone, I was really starting to worry with all the hoopla being made about the issue with the antenna. And you know what -- I have had NO problems. I will admit to putting a case on it from day one (Incipio Feather) but I had the same case on my BB so would have put it on either way. It is an awesome phone and I am denitely glad I got it.

(disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Try it out and if it doesn't work for you, return within your 30 day trial period.)

Son of a ....

I had a 99 cent app called Cruise Card Control.

But that Cruise Mate thingy is a lot nicer than the one that I had.

/agree about iPhones... I swore up and down that I would never get one, but once I starting playing with one, I knew I had to have one. Me and my wife both have them now.... she's an iPhone addict now.... as am I.

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul, just downloaded the app. :)

Please post it if you find one! ;)

I'm sure the iPhone is cool, but I refuse to sleep with the devil (AT&T).

I totally get where you're coming from - I swore I would never own an i-Anything, since I abhore iTunes. I bought a Zune because I hated iTunes so much. But then along came the darn iPhone and I could resist.

I still hate iTunes - to the point where the kids have to leave the room when I'm working with it because of the cursing (not really, but you get the point) - but I love the iPhone.

And I consider myself pretty technically savvy - I have rarely met a computer program that I couldn't quickly figure out. But iTunes frustrates me to no end.

Archived