Last minute travel

LosetoCruise

I have been reading the thread about the great deals on the IC in Miami offered by Last Minute Travel. We are cruising in 2011 and I can't find this hotel offered in 2011, in fact there are only 4 downtown hotels being offered for 2011. Does anyone know when Last Minute Travel posts hotels for the following year. I emailed them several weeks ago and have never heard back.

Last Minute hotels change often. When in 2011 are you looking? You're pretty early for that site.

Know that if you are in the winter/peak season, you certainly aren't going to get the IC for the summer/fall rates. :rolleyes:

I have been reading the thread about the great deals on the IC in Miami offered by Last Minute Travel. We are cruising in 2011 and I can't find this hotel offered in 2011, in fact there are only 4 downtown hotels being offered for 2011. Does anyone know when Last Minute Travel posts hotels for the following year. I emailed them several weeks ago and have never heard back.

Probably not much choice because the site is Last Minute Travel and your dates aren't exactly last minute. I've gotten excellent deals from them...at the last minute.

I don't know about the time frame but I booked a 4.5* hotel for $89 last April and it was the downtown Hyatt. Be aware that they have a $25 cancellation fee.

You can get the down town Hyatt for a lot cheaper than that using Priceline. We once paid $55.00 per night (plus tax) for that hotel pre-cruise.

You can get the down town Hyatt for a lot cheaper than that using Priceline. We once paid $55.00 per night (plus tax) for that hotel pre-cruise.

Yes, I know, but I needed a room with 2 beds and Priceline only guarantees one bed. This is why I booked with lastminutetravel because I was able to book a room with 2 beds.

I have had bad luck with Priceline in the past when I checked into the hotel and asked for a room with 2 beds and could not get it.

Yes, I know, but I needed a room with 2 beds and Priceline only guarantees one bed. This is why I booked with lastminutetravel because I was able to book a room with 2 beds.

I have had bad luck with Priceline in the past when I checked into the hotel and asked for a room with 2 beds and could not get it.

FYI...If you want 2 beds, then you need to contact the hotel directly, after your "win" and they should be able to accomodate you. All of my PL rooms I've needed 2 beds and it hasn't been a problem.

FYI...If you want 2 beds, then you need to contact the hotel directly, after your "win" and they should be able to accomodate you. All of my PL rooms I've needed 2 beds and it hasn't been a problem.

All depends on the location, hotel and availibility on the date you need. Even when calling ahead, it is NOT guaranteed. There have been times often enough that families are surprised they can't get the two queens. (My sister's family took the chance and lost) So no...unless you want to risk having to buy another room at REGULAR rates, I wouldn't use PL for more than two people.

Marie, also look at travelzoo and hotwire and easyclicktravel. I've used all of them succesfully.

In January, 2010, I was able to book the Miami Intercontinental for October, 2010, through Lastminutetravel.........9 months isn't "last minute"......just keep checking.

Dee

Remember that your October stay isn't peak season. All hotels offer great deals Sept and Oct. in the area.

April is peak in 2011 due to Easter. THus hotels aren't going to be anxious to offer too many rooms (if any) at bargain rates until much closer to the date when they look at their vacancy rate.

Yea, if you need two beds Priceline is not an option.

All depends on the location, hotel and availibility on the date you need. Even when calling ahead, it is NOT guaranteed. There have been times often enough that families are surprised they can't get the two queens. (My sister's family took the chance and lost) So no...unless you want to risk having to buy another room at REGULAR rates, I wouldn't use PL for more than two people.

Well, all I can say is that every time I've used PL and have needed 2 beds, the particular hotel has accomodated me. If you call the hotel and they agree to the change, you should be able to see and confirm it on your hotel reservation, as long as you ask them for their confirmation number.

Of course, if it's absolutely imperative that you require separate beds, then maybe PL is not for you.

Well, all I can say is that every time I've used PL and have needed 2 beds, the particular hotel has accomodated me. If you call the hotel and they agree to the change, you should be able to see and confirm it on your hotel reservation, as long as you ask them for their confirmation number.

Of course, if it's absolutely imperative that you require separate beds, then maybe PL is not for you.

Yes, which is the point. ;) A request for a certain bed arrangement is that...a request. Same as a request for a certain view, floor, location away from /near elevators etc. Only a request entered on your reservation. At the time of check in, that request can be honored or not. When you book with the hotel, you indeed can book a particular bedding. But then, unless booked as ocean view/king etc, the other issues are again by request only.

You have been lucky in getting what you needed every time. But as you said...PL is not for people who have a specific need. :)

Not always true. In the past I have called the hotel directly to request my preference for 2 beds. On 4 separate occasions (in Miami, San Juan, Hilton Head and Destin) I have been able to only get a room with 1 bed. So now I do not use Priceline if we have more than 2 people.

If you have never had a problem then I would say you are fortunate so far.

Yes, which is the point. ;) A request for a certain bed arrangement is that...a request. Same as a request for a certain view, floor, location away from /near elevators etc. Only a request entered on your reservation. At the time of check in, that request can be honored or not. When you book with the hotel, you indeed can book a particular bedding. But then, unless booked as ocean view/king etc, the other issues are again by request only.

You have been lucky in getting what you needed every time. But as you said...PL is not for people who have a specific need. :)

Not always true. In the past I have called the hotel directly to request my preference for 2 beds. On 4 separate occasions (in Miami, San Juan, Hilton Head and Destin) I have been able to only get a room with 1 bed. So now I do not use Priceline if we have more than 2 people.

If you have never had a problem then I would say you are fortunate so far.

Agree on both counts...guess I've been lucky:) Actually, I try to stay away from PL, because I've found that they have add-ons that inflate the overall price.

So...back to LMT...I saved a previous thread that allows you to know which "secret" hotel they're selling you. It's spot on, so for anyone who's never seen this before, have fun with it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1218104

Archived