Booking Portofino in advance?

Thanks, everyone :)

The cruise is in March and the RCI website doesn't let me have the option to book yet. I assume this is because the final payment hasn't been made to the cruise.

Should I be able to access once final payment is made??

The cruise is in March and the RCI website doesn't let me have the option to book yet. I assume this is because the final payment hasn't been made to the cruise.

It is probably too early to book, I would just keep checking back on a regular basis and get the date and time you want for your celebratory meal.

If your cruise is sailing out of Spain, you won't be able to make the reservations in advance and will have to do it when you board. I believe that this is something to do with VAT being applied to services and goods on cruises in Spanish waters.

For a March cruise, December would be a good time. Know that you must have a credit card, and if it is on the first or second night, they might have the time you wish to book blocked off. Simply book another time and when you are on board, stop into the restaurant of choice and they will gladly change it to the time you want, if they can.

we pre-booked both Chops and Portofino on our recent Serenade Cruise. Once on board and after we checked activities, various welcome back parties, etc. we tried to adjust the time of our reservations (eg. move from 7:30 to 8:00) They said they could not accommodate those changes. Both times, however, the restaurants were only about 75% occupied. I will still pre book so I can get the nights I want but in future I'll push harder to get the times I want .... or just show up 20 minutes late if I must.

When we cruised on the Enchantment, we booked Chops online, for the first available reservation when the restaurant opened. When we arrived, they asked us to come back in 15 minutes, as they weren't ready to open yet. 15 minutes later, they asked us to give them another 15 minutes, as they were still setting up. 15 minutes later, they said if we could just wait another 10 minutes they'd be ready. Two other couples arrived in that last 10 minute period, and we were all seated at our tables for two. Several minutes later a large party, including some officers arrived. There weren't many more passengers seated during our meal, but the large party from the ship provided plenty of "background atmosphere" so we didn't feel awkward and the waiters didn't hover. But, we don't book the opening time ahead of time anymore. I'd rather approach the reservation desk after boarding and make a reservation for a time that they can accomodate us.:)

We will be celebrating a special birthday on board and would like to book the Portofino for this night. Can we book in advance before getting on the ship? If so, how far in advance??

Yes and I would book as soon as the website opens up for your cruise reservation..

Earl

Archived