If Money Was Not an Issue...

Molly BPOE

Larger balcony absolutely!! tho course' it depends how much you plan to use it....a bigger balcony is a huge preference for me as I love to sit out there...to be honest IMHO, the suites on Carnival really are not that big a deal, whereas on RCCL there is a huge difference in size and accommodations in a suite with many more "perks", but I still love carnival....you can't go wrong for their price on a bigger balcony on CCL

Definitely go with the larger balcony, unless you don't plan to spend much time in the cabin/balcony. We had one of those on the Legend (different ship, admittedly) and it was absolutely the best. We have a GS on our next cruise on the Miracle only because there were not any VS, aft-wraps available.

Your personal preference for ship location and balcony size should tell you what to do. If you like the wraparound balcony, stick with it.

If I was suddenly wealthy and could afford to cruise as often and wherever I chose I would pick a midship suite. I like to be miship despite the temptation of a aft wrap, I stick with midship. I like my glass elevators!!!!

If the difference in price were not an issue, would you upgrade to a suite on Valor?

On Carnival? NO

The added perks that you get on Carnival by sailing on a suite don't really justify the added cost, specially if you already have a larger balcony.

However, if I was sailing on a more upscale cruise line where the added suite perks really are phenomenal, I would definitely consider a suite..!

Good ?..horrible PM summer windstorm just starting Molly..this has been an almost every late evening grey windy often lightning summer..after a lousy winter..hate it...ok back to post ...

I'd go for the suite..bathroom..midship..large enough deck there..sounds like heaven to me..Happy Sunday..better log off just in case...Sarah

Having been in the wrap aft balcony cabin as well as ocean suites and grand suites. I would pick the suite. The larger balcony that comes with the suite and the extra room can't be beat. We will however, be in a balcony cabin on our next two cruises. Oh well just as long as I am on the cruise it really doesn't matter where on the ship I sleep.

If money were not an issue, i'd have my own yacht. Otherwise, i think it depends on your personal style of travel and your itinerary. Lots of port days, balcony doesn't matter as much. Somewhere like the panama canal or alaska, a great balcony is imperative.

Good ?..horrible PM summer windstorm just starting Molly..this has been an almost every late evening grey windy often lightning summer..after a lousy winter..hate it...ok back to post ...

I'd go for the suite..bathroom..midship..large enough deck there..sounds like heaven to me..Happy Sunday..better log off just in case...Sarah

Well it blew through just light rain now..did you get this earlier Molly??

More to the point..I'll try not to be too jealous of this contemplation:p:D.

There seems to be some confusion, when I say L shaped cabin with large balcony, I am NOT talking about an aft wrap. I am talking about the L shaped cabins just forward of the wraps. They are L shaped to fit around some stairs but the balcony is at least twice the size of a standard balcony.

Sarah-we have had gray overcast mornings with hot afternoons and evening thunderstorms...Good thing I LOVE a good T-storm!:D

Bruce- Thanks for the advice....this will be my first balcony and I want to do it right!

There seems to be some confusion, when I say L shaped cabin with large balcony, I am NOT talking about an aft wrap. I am talking about the L shaped cabins just forward of the wraps. They are L shaped to fit around some stairs but the balcony is at least twice the size of a standard balcony.

Sarah-we have had gray overcast mornings with hot afternoons and evening thunderstorms...Good thing I LOVE a good T-storm!:D

Bruce- Thanks for the advice....this will be my first balcony and I want to do it right!

I have been in those staterooms... booked many a client in that L shaped direction... they are WONDERFUL !

I still vote big balcony.....most people book a balcony room for balcony therefore a bigger room is useless as most people spend very little time in their room. A big balcony to hangout on is awesome! Enjoy it Molly!

Thanks for all the replies...I am thinking I will stick with our L shaped cabin and enjoy our bigger balcony.

Yeah..grey here now..you're good not to be sick of the summer storms.

Sounds good!!! :)

Archived