AE Mini Suites

Woobstr112G

I tried the search feature before posting this to no avail so here is my question.

I was looking at the prices for the Ruby T/A cruise in October. I noted the AE mini suites are considerably cheaper than the AD minis or any othe category of mini suite. Can someone please enlighten me..... One more question. I noted the selection for this category was a Guarantee. Does this mean that I would probably get bumped up to ad, ac, etc should I decide to book?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bob

Bob, since there are so few of the AE mini suites, that is why they are normally sold as a guarantee. Yes, most will be upgraded to a higher mini suite category as these are the lowest priced minis onboard and very scarse in numbers. Keep in mind though they are all the way toward the front of the ship, and some do actually end up being assigned an AE. So, if that wouldn't bother you if you happened to be one of the choosen few who actually ended up in an AE, I say go for it. Chances are that is not where you will end up, but remember booking a guarantee, you won't have any say so in where your stateroom actually is or in what category. ;)

Bob, since there are so few of the AE mini suites, that is why they are normally sold as a guarantee. Yes, most will be upgraded to a higher mini suite category as these are the lowest priced minis onboard and very scarse in numbers. Keep in mind though they are all the way toward the front of the ship, and some do actually end up being assigned an AE. So, if that wouldn't bother you if you happened to be one of the choosen few who actually ended up in an AE, I say go for it. Chances are that is not where you will end up, but remember booking a guarantee, you won't have any say so in where your stateroom actually is or in what category. ;)

I knew you'd be the first to reply. I was actually sending you an email and decided to check the thread before I sent it. I thought I read somewhere that the beds can't be converted to queen and there is no tub in the bathroom. Is this true or just urban legend.....

Thanks again for your speedy reply.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, maybe someone else can say for sure but I think you are confusing these AE minis with those on the Grand Class ships which are on Dolphin Deck. Those on the Grand Class were actually designed to be handicapped accessible but they made the doorways too small for a wheelchair, so they had to be reclassified, but those on the Grand Class do offer only twins and no tub. But I don't think it is the same with the larger ships.

Again, hopefully someone else can answer 'for sure' just in case I am incorrect here. ;)

From past experiences with Category AE- I've booked them often for clients and I've never had anyone actually stay in one. Princess often uses this category for LEAD-IN Rates for sale promotions. This gives them the ability to fill the ship and sell more cabins at a lower rate. I've watched the numbers of these sold on ships previously, I'm guessing there are often 30 or more. On the newer ships the AE cabins are the 2 lead cabins on the Dolphin deck. 2 Cabins TOTAL on the entire ship. That means, that 28 of the people that book this category are going to get upgraded to something better. They can add to the amounts of these based on cabins available.

There can be substantial savings involved in this. I booked my first AE category cabin for myself during an Alaskan cruise when rates were pretty exorbitant (at least I thought so) $1500 per person for a Category AE Gty in September. We were upgraded to Category AA, and the pricing for an AA was about $1800+ per person. I know they will not allow you to book a GTY with more than 2 passengers in the cabin. This gives them the ability to be able to place you in any Mini-suite cabin. I've booked several people in AE GTY's right now for a fall sailing for the same price they were originally booked in a Category BA. When I started booking some of them, the 2 assignable cabins were available and disappeared, so I believe that someone did take those cabins. I would be more apt to take the AE GTY than one of the Balcony GTY's. The only place you can be placed in a mini-suite is the Dolphin Deck and Aft of the Emerald Deck.

If you are determined to be on a particular side, or you only want to be in an AD mini or you only want to be MID-SHIP, this isn't the option for you.

smiles Patty

Bob...If you truly don't care where your cabin is then book the AE for the cost savings. On our upcoming Emerald cruise we booked the AE guarantee mini and were upgraded to an AA. Our cabin is just about dead center on the Dolphin deck, so we're thrilled. Happy cruising!! :)

We recently did the whole AE guarantee thing for our cruise on the Emerald and were assigned an AB room about 3 months prior to the sailing.

I keep checking to see if the upgrade fairy will come back and be a bit more generous but I realize she is loooong gone. :)

From past experiences with Category AE- I've booked them often for clients and I've never had anyone actually stay in one. Princess often uses this category for LEAD-IN Rates for sale promotions. This gives them the ability to fill the ship and sell more cabins at a lower rate. I've watched the numbers of these sold on ships previously, I'm guessing there are often 30 or more. On the newer ships the AE cabins are the 2 lead cabins on the Dolphin deck. 2 Cabins TOTAL on the entire ship. That means, that 28 of the people that book this category are going to get upgraded to something better. They can add to the amounts of these based on cabins available.

There can be substantial savings involved in this. I booked my first AE category cabin for myself during an Alaskan cruise when rates were pretty exorbitant (at least I thought so) $1500 per person for a Category AE Gty in September. We were upgraded to Category AA, and the pricing for an AA was about $1800+ per person. I know they will not allow you to book a GTY with more than 2 passengers in the cabin. This gives them the ability to be able to place you in any Mini-suite cabin. I've booked several people in AE GTY's right now for a fall sailing for the same price they were originally booked in a Category BA. When I started booking some of them, the 2 assignable cabins were available and disappeared, so I believe that someone did take those cabins. I would be more apt to take the AE GTY than one of the Balcony GTY's. The only place you can be placed in a mini-suite is the Dolphin Deck and Aft of the Emerald Deck.

If you are determined to be on a particular side, or you only want to be in an AD mini or you only want to be MID-SHIP, this isn't the option for you.

smiles Patty

Patty;

Thanks for the info. Makes very good sense.....:):):)

Bob

Hi,

I booked an AE mini suite gty two weeks ago for the August 28th sailing of the Golden Princess and was wondering when I might expect a cabin assignment, and how will I find out?

Thanks so much in advance.

Patti

Patti, anytime between now and when you board the ship. There is no schedule for guarantees being assigned, some show up early, others not until right before you leave for your cruise or not until you get to check in at the pier.

Best way to keep watch is to check your Princess Personalizer, when your cabin has been assigned, it will show up there. ;) Good Luck!

I've booked several people in AE GTY's right now for a fall sailing for the same price they were originally booked in a Category BA.

This is the same thing that happened to us for our upcoming little 4-nighter on the Sapphire (12/18-22). We booked a Lido deck balcony while onboard our July voyage. When we got back, our TA converted it to an AE (Guarantee) at the same price. So, we'll see where we end up.

I am curious about the theory that people who book an AE almost certainly get bumped to a higher category, so I started looking at them on my November cruise. (I'm booked elsewhere, so it's just out of curiosity.) It appears that both of those AEs are available at this point in time, which leads me to believe that no one has tried booking an AE, or they would be gone. Isn't that so?

Archived